Jump to content
Phantis Forums

Ellada2004

Members
  • Posts

    3,487
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    82

Everything posted by Ellada2004

  1. Donis would be a great choice should JVS not start of well in the qualifiers. Donis knows the players very well and I hear that the players really enjoy playing for him and respect him alot. If he were to come in the fold Manolas and Siovas would get reinstated.
  2. Congrats to Olympiakos fans from a PAO fan. PAO almost equalized late in the game. TBH I was expecting a 3 nil for OLY. Great goal from Fortounis, one of my favorite players in all of football.
  3. Definitely an issue since the 2014 WCUP along with the not having a real #9 since Mitroglou hasn't been with the NT. Zeca I dont mind him in there he will hustle his arse off and win a lot of challenges but last game vs Slovenia he was sloppy with the ball and turned it over needlessly to many times. Greece cant have Bouchalakis or Kourbelis along side him we need a change.
  4. I did as well. I have no idea what went wrong with him.
  5. Samaris had lots of promise after being called up to the NT by Santos. He scored a memorable goal at the wcup vs Ivory Coast and I thought he would be an important part of the team going forward. Most of his performances under Skibbe were woeful and he made to many stupid giveaways bad passes etc.
  6. We need Galanopoulos back for the qualifiers in March!
  7. Looks like a good lineup. I would like to see Galanopoulos in there once he is fully fit. Masouras could be utilized at RB as well and Kotsiras. Fountas will be our best option at striker. I think ive seen enough of Koulouris and Pavlidis I would use him as a sub late in games. As for Manolas maybe JVS will reach out to him as he is a world class back and will be needed vs a tougher pot 1 or 2 team. Sokratis i believe is done as long as JVS is the coach. I doubt he would take a chance with him seeing how he blew up on Ange and in the manner in which he did it. I will always love how he competed and loved playing for the Ethniki. Its a shame that it ended up that way.
  8. One thing I agree with is if a player is older it’s irrelevant if he’s playing at a club and in form and contributing. Karagounis was effective up until the end of his career at the World Cup and Gekas was still scoring goals late on. As for Mitroglou if he was playing more at Marseille and more over the past few seasons I would say call him up and give him a chance.
  9. Yes group winners are qualified. The 2nd place teams go into playoff with the top two Nations League group winners joining the playoffs.
  10. I agree going to Pot 3 was huge good thing we didn’t give up a late goal and lose to Slovenia and drop to pot 4. I was more nervous about that during the 2nd half. From Pot 1 avoid France, Spain, and Belgium at all costs. From Pot 2 don’t want Switzerland or Ukraine. Serbia is also a good side and personally I like them so I wouldn’t want to face them.
  11. Pot 1. Denmark (Croatia next choice) Pot 2. Romania (Slovakia next) Pot 4. Bulgaria (Belarus) Pot 5. Andorra (Cyprus it’s a friendly) Pot 6. San Marino (anyone is ez here)
  12. If only coach Ange and the team had got a result vs Estonia and we had a playoff ticket, i think Greece would have had a good chance to get through. Hungary have improved alot recently and deserve there spot. Scotland got lucky on penalties with Israel and then with Serbia who played terribly for the first 70 minutes before getting it going and leveling the score. Serbia with there talent should have easily beaten scotland. Today Serbia beat Russia 5-0.
  13. I heard them run down the list of pots 1,2 and 3 were Greece are included. Cant wait for the draw!
  14. I was listening to Nova sport after the game and they said Greece are in Pot 3 and Bosnia is now in pot 4.
  15. ok sure will take slovakia or romania if they are still in pot 2 it would be a better option. I have watched some of Swedens games since the 2018 Wcup and they are trending downward. True they did play in NL group with France, Portugal and Croatia were they were relagated. They have a few good players like Lindelof,Kulusevski, Forsberg and Berg but I wouldnt fear them. Greece just need to avoid France, Spain and Belgium (even though we did well vs them last wcup qualifiers)
  16. For sure it’s disappointing not winning this group & a possible wcup playoff spot but overall JVS had the team playing well. It’s not like the last NL campaign were Greece finished 3rd and lost to Estonia which costed us a sure euro playoff spot. Hopefully going forward JVS does better with some of his player selections. Like not including Tzavellas & as I said bringing back Manolas. Let’s hope for the best possible draw from pot 1 say Denmark and Sweden from Pot 2. Even if Greece draw a powerhouse will take some points of them as we always punch above our weight!
  17. There were alot of positives during this NL campaign the Ethniki never trailed in any match and only conceeded 1 goal. Also today the NT played very nice fluid football and created many high quality chances as they did in most of the games. Only negative is even after not tasting defeat we dont get 1st place and a chance for a wcup playoff should we need it do to poor finisihing and a missed penalty that costs us big time.
  18. True that missed penalty vs Kosovo costed us big time. If Bakastetas scores Greece win the group with a draw today.
  19. lets not talk about that useless crap sport here lol. This is the beautiful and best game football!!
  20. What country do you root for? They probably havent qualified for squat since the 80s lol
  21. For sure Oblak is probably the best goalie in the world and he showed it today. Greece looked good and dictated the pace and the play of the game. We didnt look discombobulated like those performances vs Faroes and North Ireland, Estonia, Armenia of a few years back.
  22. Good point, when we played Belgium one of the best teams in the world we scored in each game against them. These pot 3 or 4 teams like Slovenia or Kosovo just played everyone behind the ball and had no purpose to go forward.
  23. Kourbelis missed a golden chance. Bakasetas labeled a shot for the top left corner and Oblak saved. Pavlidis bicycle kick again saved by Oblak. The team overall dominated & played well the ball just wouldn’t go in.
  24. Slovenia defended like the great Greek teams of old. Credit to them.
×
×
  • Create New...