Phantis Forums

Ofi-OSFP

DUDE

This does not only apply to OFSP but to all the greek teams....until we stop trying to buy foreign players that make up 7 of the starting positions all greek teams are going to be horrible in Europe and domestically.

Its a simple thing but communication on the pitch is critical. Its one thing for a defender to yell at another defender to cover a certain area or make a move forward in Greek and its another thing for them to speak in broken english and sign language.

Greek youth is the only way that Greek football will progress.

Just a thought ;)

very true, but without the right infrastructure to take care of young players development nothing will happen in the near future. as an example i could bring in switzerland again. even though most of the clubs have even less money than greek teams have the progress it has made in the past few years is amazing. a few years back most of the players of the national team were playing in the swiss league. now a lot have moved to foreign leagues and most of the times they are even starters:

senderos-arsenal

djourou-arsenal

streller-stuttgart

barnetta-leverkusen

behrami-lazio

gygax-lille

p. degen-dortmund

d. degen-mönchengladbach

vonlanthen-salzburg

all these players are at most 25 years old. an age in which in greece you are still considered a big talent and you don't get a lot of play time.

since we were talking about greek players for the defence, the only names that come into my mind and who were in the media too are papadopoulos and torosidis, players coming from teams out of northern greece. that is also the reason why sollied had to get foreign players for the defence: there aren't a lot of good defensive greek players around at the moment. and if someone is really good he plays outside of greece.

apart from the group of basinas, fyssas, karagounis, etc i can't really remember any player that came from the own youth and made it in one of the athenian teams. maybe i'm mistaking since i don't follow the greek league that closely.

the mentality in greek football has to change, otherwise it'll stay on the same level forever.

dont act as if its never happened before though  :LOL:

Pao supporters making any kind of comparison between them and osfp in the games against ofi is just not right.As everyone knows ofi is really (pao 2)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Oute Hippopotamoi eimaste oute Ippokratides :P (just kidding but it was funny!)

O filos slick13 padws exei kapoio dikio gia tis fyllades!

Fantasteite oti se 10 xronia (pes 5 giati giati toulaxiston to 50% to aksizate) brwmias, isws to mono pou exei apomeinei einai o....Douros!!!!!!!!(pou se faseis akoma mnhmoneuetai se kati fyllades....) kai pou stin telikh eixe paiksei apo ena hmixrono ston kathena!

eleos!

I alwayo was of the opinion that every player who comes to Greece or any other country for that matter have to learn at least the basic words to be used on the peach and to read the local alphabet

I was very angry at my beloved Rivaldo which said in an interview that he always goaes out with his wife (the club paid lessns for HER, hat an idiocy) and he did not bother to learn because "he believes that he has no talent for languages) bullshit

If somebody can do such genial things onthe pitch he can not be a complet idiot

EVERYBODY CAN learn the basics to shout in the pitch, it have to be a part of the training

Or, let them decide that allthe players learn it in Spanish whic is the easiest language onthe globe

Whatever they decide, but something hav to be done

It will be usefull also for th comunication outside the pitch and the good relations between the team players. It is important to the spirit

At least , this is my opinion

And do not think that i am talking it just like that

I myself tried and achieved to learn several languages in order to follow football. And i am not in the countries concered

As you see I do not write very good but I can read and understand and peak almost every language in question

So if an old woman like me can do it, every young footbaler has to. For heavens' sake, he is paid milions, it is the least we can demand

I myself tried and achieved to learn several languages in order to follow football. And i  am not in the countries concered

May I ask how many, and which, languages you speak Luz? And did you learned these languages to follow football around the world?? :o

May I ask how many, and which, languages you speak Luz? And did you learned these languages to follow football around the world?? :o

Add on:

What languages did u learn??

going by your post ill take a guess..

Spanish, Italian, Greek (obvously), English (obvously), Arabic??, Portuguese, German...

tell me how many i got right :P

Archived