Phantis Forums

OSFP-PAOK

Crazy

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Positive side of the match : Sollied tried an all over the field pressing and it worked.

Negative side 1 : When Rivaldo is absent, there isn't a skilled passer to exploit the defensive gaps during frontal attacks. Paok defense was pathetic yesterday, starting from the middlefield. Had Rivaldo played, we should easily score 2 more goals.

Negative side 2 : Paok was disappointing. With such rivals, there is no real competition and OSFP can't go further in Europe. The difference between Paok and Valencia will be huge and it will work against us on Tuesday :(

BRAVO RE OLIMPIAKARA, NIKISATE MIA OMADA POU EXEI TOSA PROVLIMATA K EPAIKSE XWRIS OPADOI! OMADARA EISASTE E???

DE MOU LES? POIOS EVALE TA 2 GOAL??? O ZE ROBERTO???  :LOL:

Re megale, xasate kai akoma koroidevis. Oxi oti h AEKARA ekane kati kalutero alla den pao na koroidepso ton atromito.

Oi gavroi sas nikisane kai teliose to paramithi.

ase mas more abale.

BRAVO RE OLIMPIAKARA, NIKISATE MIA OMADA POU EXEI TOSA PROVLIMATA K EPAIKSE XWRIS OPADOI! OMADARA EISASTE E???

DE MOU LES? POIOS EVALE TA 2 GOAL??? O ZE ROBERTO???  :LOL:

Eisai o idios m#$%!s pou kaneis plaka oti tha mas nikisete kai tora kaneis oti den egine tipota? ai g*****! m****pano...
ante more k esi p******s gie olimpiake. abale

Didn't see the game, just saw the goals. Congrats to Olympiakos good win for you guys, but everyone knows there's financial imbalance in the Greek league and therfore, until that seizes to exist this will be our league, so take it for what it is. This is the reason our teams, not just Olympiakos, fail to impress anyone in the CL.

What do you guys think the teams that Greek teams will play in the CL are saying about us. Do you honestly think that they are viewing the Greek teams as tough games?

Also, "paokara" is entitled to his opinion, and last time I checked this was a soccer forum; therefore, don't get so strung up.

Didn't see the game, just saw the goals. Congrats to Olympiakos good win for you guys, but everyone knows there's financial imbalance in the Greek league and therfore, until that seizes to exist this will be our league, so take it for what it is. This is the reason our teams, not just Olympiakos, fail to impress anyone in the CL.

What do you guys think the teams that Greek teams will play in the CL are saying about us. Do you honestly think that they are viewing the Greek teams as tough games?

Also, "paokara" is entitled to his opinion, and last time I checked this was a soccer forum; therefore, don't get so strung up.

Great post. Every point you make is spot on!

As I sit and watch the game with the FAGS vs PAOK, I can't help but think how pathetic soccer is in Greece.  Greeks have this sense of pride but...wow it's freakin pathetic when you listen to this crap on TV.  The freakin morrons of comentators are so BIASED it ain't even funny.  You think that there are only Greeks from Athens and not from Makedonia!!!  What the F#$K are you guys thinking that you are even going past the first round of CL!!!! Are you guys that Freakin stupid...actually I think so.  Olympiakos champions my ass...get it through all your heads, these games are over before they even start.  Greek soccer will never compare to the rest of Europe when we have these type of people running the sport.  I WOULD FEEL ASHAMED TO BE A FAN OF THESE TEAMS FROM ATHENS...PATHETIC!!!!

I don't know what the commentators said to make a Macedonian or Salonica citizen again go like "Greece is not only Athens" as you guys use to say (as if anyone else claimed something different) but this is no serious reason to put everybody on the same list, regarding the relationships between people of the two cities

Just because some commentator is dumb and do not know how to hide his personal feeling about a team, or just because they don't know how to properly pronounce the names, doesn't mean all the rest of the fans (in Athens or anywhere else) are of the same kind allright? Especially when it comes to respecting the Greeks from the North and from everywhere else. Malakes exist what are you gonna do?

Now as far as the "champions" league it is well established that the name of the competition doesn't literally mean only Champions compete with each other. And if for such a poor league like the Greek one, AEK don't deserve to be there, then Olympiakos at least deserves it, because they ARE our representative champions either you like it or NOT. Either they won the title easily or not. So save your words about fans' pride

cause if AEK, Olympiakos and Panathinaikos fans should be ashamed of themselves then you as a Paok fan should be ashamed of yourself 1000 times ok?

but see in Greece we don't really have much to brag about either nationally or at the European level, so lets just stick with being proud for the history of our teams..

and because PAOK has a great history and so does AEK and Oly and PAO and every team , just be proud of yourself and let us be proud of ourselves

cause based on your weak arguments the Leeds United fans should be so ashamed of themselves but I bet you our teams will never even be half of the team they once used to be!

Great post. Every point you make is spot on!
Just trying to keep it real.

I think as Greeks we are overconfident of our teams, which sometimes leads to unrealistic predictions. I also think that being overconfident is good, but the rest of the teams in the CL are there for a reason, and most of them come from much better leagues than ours. The facts are there for everyone to see, the last time a Greek has had anything to get excited about is 2001/2002 when PAO reached the Quarterfinals agaist Barca.

I think as Greeks we are overconfident of our teams, which sometimes leads to unrealistic predictions. I also think that being overconfident is good, but the rest of the teams in the CL are there for a reason, and most of them come from much better leagues than ours. The facts are there for everyone to see, the last time a Greek has had anything to get excited about is 2001/2002 when PAO reached the Quarterfinals agaist Barca.

Over confident?

Reading some of the predictions for AEK against a mediocre AC Milan side you would have thought that AEK are a team from Malta or similar minnow nation.

There is no logical reason that our clubs should be getting reemed by any team in Europe.

Putting aside financial reasons and history and perceived lack of quality amongst Greek players, the real problem is a lack of belief in who we are and a lack of striving for results.

Why is it that teams from Bulgaria, Romania and Israel have lifted their game and performances recently, yet our clubs still have inferiority complex.

We can't beat teams from Germany, England, Italy because we have no belief. We rely on history to tell us what the final result will be.

Forget all that. I want to see all our teams striving to play at their potential. I swear I'll give up posting here if I read one more negative post how any of our teams have never beaten an opposing team.

Panagiotis Yiannakis said it best that "there must always be a first time!". I'm sick of reading the miseria and negative outlooks of my fellow people.

If one day the great Atilla from the east decides to invade us and the call comes forth for all Hellenes around the world to defend our land and I and other true Akrites in the trenches have to put up with the cowards whining how these Mongols are stronger than us and crying about how we will all be doomed, I promise I will fire a bullet in these peoples heads myself and then I'll tell their families the truth - that they commited suicide.

Before anyone decides to attack me for the above, I am only giving an example of how passionately I feel. The above is just a ficitious analogy. I want us to fear no one. We are more than capable to take on the best in Europe and hold our head up high.

Euro 2004 is the one example we need to refer to.

A little but of pistei in ourselves and our abilities and let's forget about history and these limitations that others put on ourselves.

Shut up and Fight! :gr:

Your post is politically and historically incorrect. Traditionally, Greeks don't suffer only from inferiority complex. They also tend to be overenthusiastic, quite often they strongly underestimate their opponents. Discipline and professionalism is lacking, same for the concentration on the target. Olympiakos is a typical example (against Macabi, Rozenborg, Herenvein and other inferior teams).

As for your extreme political views against the Turks (isn't this what you were talking about?), thanks I won't buy. Nevertheless, they are clearly based on widely spread misconceptions :

Turks are "great Attila". Actually, they aren't great and mighty, it's a country at the verge of collapse. Go read modern politics, economics, and history before being pathologically afraid of your neighbors.

Your post is politically and historically incorrect. Traditionally, Greeks don't suffer only from inferiority complex. They also tend to be overenthusiastic, quite often they strongly underestimate their opponents. Discipline and professionalism is lacking, same for the concentration on the target. Olympiakos is a typical example (against Macabi, Rozenborg, Herenvein and other inferior teams).

As for your extreme political views against the Turks (isn't this what you were talking about?), thanks I won't buy. Nevertheless, they are clearly based on widely spread misconceptions :

Turks are "great Attila". Actually, they aren't great and mighty, it's a country at the verge of collapse. Go read modern politics, economics, and history before being pathologically afraid of your neighbors.

Guys (Akritis 1944 & dipapa), I was just giving pure soccer/sports opinion. It wasn't meant to spark a political argument. When I stated that greeks are overconfident it was purely in a soccer/sports sense. Regardless, I respect both of your opinions.

I just want to finish by saying, that I want to see all Greek teams do well in the international competitions this year, and will be rooting for all of them.

It is good to have passion for your team and root for them, but don't take sports too seriously, afterall it is supposed to be fun.

Archived