Phantis Forums

PAO players on Loan

drakos13

Ok, here is what I have regarding PAO players on loan. Please fill in the blanks or correct if I have the wrong info.

Player-Team-DOB-position

Oxyzoglou - Apollon - 1985 - ???

Gekas - Bohum - 1980 - CF

Sikalias - ??? - 1985 - GK

Tselebiris - ??? - 1986 - DM

Tripotseris - ??? - 1986 - CB

Bousinakis - FC Copenhagen - 1986 - ???

Koutsis - Halkidona - ???

Kritikos - Ethnikos Asteras - ??? - CF?

Anderson - Atromitos ??? - DM

Haralabidis - PAOK - ??? - RM

Torghelle - PAOK - ??? - CF

Stathis - Panahaiki - ??? - RB

Sarakatsanos - Kalamaria - ??? - CB

Sila - Ergotelis - ??? - RM (not sure if we own him)

Siontis - ???(I think Levadiakos) - ??? - CB

Pliagas - Levadiakos - ??? - ???

Gansev - Levadiakos - ??? - CF?

From these players I have seen and Siontis, Stathis, Gansev, Kritikos, Tripotseris and I likeed Stathis and Gansev. Since we are shopping for a defender or two, I would love to see Stathis and Siontis come back. Fylakouris was raving about Siontis this morning on ERAsport.

Also, I remember last summer PAO offered a professional contract to Tripotseris but he turned it down. I am not sure if he is still with the team. I think the same goes for Oxyzoglou. Does anyone know more details?

siontis.... Ethnikos Asteras

oxyzoglou.... sold for 100000 i believe to Panahaiki Patras

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Gekas has a contract with Pao, so if Bochum does not buy his rights from Pao, he has to return. I am afraid he does not have many options until his contract expires. That he feels slighted is understandable, but bridges can be rebuilt if the team things he can really be a contributor.

Tripotseris i think, correct me if i'm wrong, transferred to Anorthosis

Bousinakis is playing in Denmark for Akadenisk BK & is supposed to return next year along with Anderson & Gekas

http://www.sportime.gr/football_inside.asp...rticle_id=40348

Gekas is not coming back! ;)

i dont doubt that... but staying true to this topic PAO does have his right at the moment

Gekas has a contract with Pao, so if Bochum does not buy his rights from Pao, he has to return. I am afraid he does not have many options until his contract expires. That he feels slighted is understandable, but bridges can be rebuilt if the team things he can really be a contributor.

File I think its slightly 'false hope' to believe that. Player contracts dont mean s%$#! these days. Especially when you consider what Gekas has said. He says he will only come back to Greece for Olympiakos or AEK (!!!) not to mention the fact that he continually criticises PAO the club as being unprofessional and the fans for being disloyal, ungrateful and unwelcoming. Thyra 13 would burn the whole city if he returned. Trust me he isnt coming back.

File I think its slightly 'false hope' to believe that. Player contracts dont mean s%$#! these days. Especially when you consider what Gekas has said. He says he will only come back to Greece for Olympiakos or AEK (!!!) not to mention the fact that he continually criticises PAO the club as being unprofessional and the fans for being disloyal, ungrateful and unwelcoming. Thyra 13 would burn the whole city if he returned. Trust me he isnt coming back.

We almost agree B) Ethnikisti. Contracts don't mean much, but they do mean something. Just ask Sanmartean. Personally, I was one of the few Gekas supporters in this forum, but now I am convinced he cannot play for PAO any more. I have seen many strikers come and go, and I can assure you I am not loosing any sleep about Gekas returning for another team. If he does return however I would like management to be professional and take advantage of his skills, even thought it might be hard to face his old teammates or to displace any of our current strikers.

The life of the striker is rough and he needs to build some equity with his fans for the stretches when he stops scoring (they all do for long periods of time), but Gekas is not thinking ahead when he talks to media. So far he has scored 7 times in 21 games so I suspect his equity with his current team might be drying out. He needs to hire a media coach.

I agree with you guys. It should be up to the coach. If Gekas comes back and the coach thinks he can contribute for how ever long, then he should be used.

I was against Gekas leaving, and didn't like the way management handled his case. You got to talk to your player if he's involved in a trade or something. Having said that, I don't think Gekas will have a meaningful return to PAO--which is OK with me. But the guy is an idiot when it comes to public relations.

Public relations is an area only few players in Greece can handle well. Partly is the low quality media reporting, and partly players just not thinking ahead. The players union could really help in this respect but they are too busy handing out "player of the week, and "goal of the week" trophies.

I agree with you guys. It should be up to the coach. If Gekas comes back and the coach thinks he can contribute for how ever long, then he should be used.

I was against Gekas leaving, and didn't like the way management handled his case. You got to talk to your player if he's involved in a trade or something. Having said that, I don't think Gekas will have a meaningful return to PAO--which is OK with me. But the guy is an idiot when it comes to public relations.

I'm not so sure he is an idiot that needs to hire a media coach guys. 7 goals in 21 games is a ratio of 1 per 3 games and for a team that is fighting against relegation that is fairly impressive. I'm sure he won't have a problem securing a move to Bochum or elsewhere in the Bundesliga. I'm sure Bochum's management have spoken to him about his future so let's say he already knows they will sign him he has no reason to stay in the good books of PAO. He feels betrayed and unappreciated by the club and fans so by saying what he has the team is damaged and he gets one over.

For example, (1) he speaks about living in fear at PAO in case a 'fanatico' attacks him when he's out for a coffee, (2) he says that his acheivements were never appreciated, (3) he implies that there are cliques and 'ventdetes' within the squad and some players are favoured by the management over others, (4) you are pressured instead of feeling belief in your abilities, (5) Stated that he would only be willing to go to AEK or Olympiakos (when considering the rivalry between the teams this is quite a statement) (6) The 'dioikisi' stunt the teams progress, (7) his goals in Greece were not analysed, whereas in Germany they are, which brings in the concept of glory and appreciation.

These are 7 reasons in only 1 interview why a player should NOT play for PAO. This is hugely damaging to the club's reputation. Imagine you are a player with options and PAO go in for you, after this would you want to sign? It was one last bitter blow from Gekas who knew exactly what he was doing.

Gkekas not coming back... he hates pao and he talks against pao all the time.. apo mia pleura ton katalaveno alla kai apo tin alli... me peirazei pou milaei etsi gia ton pao... kai malista akoma pio poly otan leei oti an girisei ellada tha einai stous gaurous i stin AEK...

I was against Gekas leaving, and didn't like the way management handled his case. You got to talk to your player if he's involved in a trade or something.

Of course, there are things we don't know, so I don't speak with absolute certainty... and unless you're inside a team, you never know.

But, from what's available to the public and the statements made by owner/management/players over the years, we form a picture.

Mistakes have been made by all sides. But, what bother me is the childish/amaturish behavior of supposedly professionals. It's one thing to say something when you have no power, and another to say/do something when you're in charge. As a club (owner/management) you have to be smart in dealing with the media, public, players. Same goes with any serious corporation/company. It affects the morale inside, and how the fans (consumers) react to your policies.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived