Phantis Forums

Olympiakos - Skoda Xanthi

dark_horse

RIBO, RIBO, RIBO ! :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:

Happily, my pessimistic projections were proved wrong at 86'. Xanthi played catastrophic football with 11 defenders, based on their early goal at 5'. Shame to Anatolakis and the rest of defense for not being able to prevent such an easy goal.

Rivaldo was our MVP but the title could also be attributed to Castillo, had he avoided the injury. Hoping that Castillo's injury isn't serious. Djordjevic, Zevlakoiv, Stoltidis were very good too. Domi was a very good surprise for me in his offensive duties as well as the defensive ones. The second yellow card he got was, perhaps, too harsh but anyway...

Okkas was, again, very ineffective as center forward and I wonder what the score would be if Constantinou could play instead of him.

Borja was positive at the fights outside the penalty area but he still lacks confidence at the scoring attempts (I wonder if he really is a solution for this position, even in one year from now).

Of course being a PAO fan my opinion no matter how objective will be completly dismissed, I will give it anyways, because majority of the Gavroi in these forums are respectable members.

-OSFP played OK today. They werent great, they werent awful, but two brilliant Rivaldo moments were what gave them the win. If he wasnt there, I really doubt OSFP would have won the game, the chances second half just werent as threatening, Rivaldo only needed 1-2 seconds of time outside the area and he hit an unstoppable shot to win the game...

- OSFP DID play very dirty. There was a lot of diving, cheapshots, and people were critisizing teams in Germany of this type of play- look at Gavros. Say what you want. Its all on tape. The aliteia in the stands was pretty bad too for no reason.....A tackle that went for ball went wrong on Castillo because he jumped too late... It wasnt intentional, come on. Domi was also a jackass.

- Nikopolidis was horrible, again. It has nothing to do with being former PAO. He was simply crap. Everytime he was involved he was dangerous to Gavros except one easy shot of Vryzas (who was also very lousy) The goal was soft shot on his near post that should never happen. Also there was a Xanthi goal that had it counted would have been his fault..The defensive line moving up SAVED that play ..Shot right at him, spills it right in front of Xanthi player who tucks away....and on another good shot him instead of parrying away (Pizanovski had the idea 100% perfect with Djole shot) he tried to hold and it slipped through his hands and lucky enough there was just enough power taken off it from rolling past the line.

Then 2nd half he gave the ball away sloppily, even had one of his classic moments where he storms out of the goal only to completley miss the ball. He is bad for OSFP so it doesnt bother me. But if bothers me that hes on our Ethniki.

- Borja was kind of puzzling why he got so much attention when he came..and still is puzzling now. Only seen him play a few times with Ecuador and Thrinos......hes not really great. He reminds me of Dani. He didnt have exceptional movement or control or pace, and when he got two fantastic chances he must have kicked the ball all the way out to SEF...

Mantzourakis was changing tactics every 10 minutes...it backfired in the end when Rivaldo was left unmarked for just enough time... Xanthi are a good side but Vryzas is slow as death, and was actually laughable at how many times hed give up the ball in poor moments...

arxisan oi gauroi pali, entos paizate, to pio logiko itan na kerdisete, stin edra mas parti tha kanoume pali, opote ase ta katastrofic game kai ola auta, ama peftoun vroxi ta mpoukali nomizeis mporeis na sigkentrotheis kai na paikseis oraio podosfairo, tha doume esas edo mesa, pelates konteuoume na sas kanoume

Of course being a PAO fan my opinion no matter how objective will be completly dismissed, I will give it anyways, because majority of the Gavroi in these forums are respectable members.

-OSFP played OK today. They werent great, they werent awful, but two brilliant Rivaldo moments were what gave them the win. If he wasnt there, I really doubt OSFP would have won the game, the chances second half just werent as threatening, Rivaldo only needed 1-2 seconds of time outside the area and he hit an unstoppable shot to win the game...

- OSFP DID play very dirty. There was a lot of diving, cheapshots, and people were critisizing teams in Germany of this type of play- look at Gavros. Say what you want. Its all on tape. The aliteia in the stands was pretty bad too for no reason.....A tackle that went for ball went wrong on Castillo because he jumped too late... It wasnt intentional, come on. Domi was also a jackass.

- Nikopolidis was horrible, again. It has nothing to do with being former PAO. He was simply crap. Everytime he was involved he was dangerous to Gavros except one easy shot of Vryzas (who was also very lousy) The goal was soft shot on his near post that should never happen. Also there was a Xanthi goal that had it counted would have been his fault..The defensive line moving up SAVED that play ..Shot right at him, spills it right in front of Xanthi player who tucks away....and on another good shot him instead of parrying away (Pizanovski had the idea 100% perfect with Djole shot) he tried to hold and it slipped through his hands and lucky enough there was just enough power taken off it from rolling past the line.

Then 2nd half he gave the ball away sloppily, even had one of his classic moments where he storms out of the goal only to completley miss the ball. He is bad for OSFP so it doesnt bother me. But if bothers me that hes on our Ethniki. 

- Borja was kind of puzzling why he got so much attention when he came..and still is puzzling now. Only seen him play a few times with Ecuador and Thrinos......hes not really great. He reminds me of Dani. He didnt have exceptional movement or control or pace, and when he got two fantastic chances he must have kicked the ball all the way out to SEF...

Mantzourakis was changing tactics every 10 minutes...it backfired in the end when Rivaldo was left unmarked for just enough time... Xanthi are a good side but Vryzas is slow as death, and was actually laughable at how many times hed give up the ball in poor moments...

Thank you for a relatively objective look at the match. However, I disagree on a few things:

About the dirty play, I think that it wasn't more dirty than Xanthi's play. For instance, Labriakos violent move against Castillo was full of hatred. If I remember well, he did this for "equalizing" an anti-athletic tackle (?) by Domi, a few moments before. Why people tend to overlook such kind of unprofessionalism when it doesn't come from an Olympiakos player? In past games, I had seen much more dirty playing from Oly's side. Referee was rather good and the number of yellow cards shows whether a team played dirtier than the other.

After so much noise, everyone would expect much more from Borja but he isn't that bad out of the penalty area. From what I saw today, he can mark, dribble and control. He's very fast and has the instict for the scoring but he fears of the final moment. I see only few chances of him improved but I hope he's still not accustomed to the team's style of playing.

Nikopolidis was indeed bad today but he is not the primary responsible for the goal nor he was our worst player. Why you, Pao supporters, can't get over the old trauma is something I don't understand. As for the NT, yes any goalkeeper can be very bad at times but Rehagel isn't stupid. Nikopolidis saved our NT's ass during Euro and you Pao supporters still can''t admit it.

Anyway, to sum it up, I think that, under those circumstances (players missing, catenazzio football, heat, poor field condition) and the fact that any defensive tactics (like that of Xanthi) is much more easy to implement right after the off-season, Oly played rather well. No, I am not entirely happy with the way we played but I remind all of you that it wasn't Rivaldo who started the attempts for both Oly's goals. This team seems much more collaborative than any other Oly team in the last 8 years. Time will tell for sure.

I am happy from our performance and considering we were playing against Xanthi that after the goal that they scored played 11 at defence.Osfp had the control of the game,created many opportunities for goal,the ref sucked(if Domi gets a yellow,Labriakos should have a black one) and most important of all RIBO. :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: 13 straight premiere wins and we started the season with 3.On a more personal note,xanthifan tha eprepe na exetai faei 5 alla i mpala einai p.......a! :P

Our offensive performance was exactly what made me almost happy. We created many opportunities under circumstances where any other competitor (Aek, for instance) would stall. It was inevitable that we would turn a few of them into goals.

Hat off to Rivaldo this is a class player. Is more than the half of Olympiakos in order to get results and points....

I was disapointed by Xanthi.. they sat the whole game behind. That's awful.

Xanthi got a very good Goalkeeper like always.

Olympiakos had many occasions and they could have scored more than twice...

What it does disgust me ... is that also in the Super League old s%$#! happens again...

Soltidis goes near to the Penalty box area..loses the ball ....and dives...nobody touches him... the referee gives free-kick... 16.5 meters ....Rivaldo scores..

So always the same model on national games... again 2 points at least saved..

PS. What coincidence. It s really amazing. Also in the last Cup game at the stand of 0 : 0 agianst Xanthi .... exactly the same thing happened....

But in Europe does not happen....

arxisan oi gauroi pali, entos paizate, to pio logiko itan na kerdisete, stin edra mas parti tha kanoume pali, opote ase ta katastrofic game kai ola auta, ama peftoun vroxi ta mpoukali nomizeis mporeis na sigkentrotheis kai na paikseis oraio podosfairo, tha doume esas edo mesa, pelates konteuoume na sas kanoume

Twra giati apantaw den kserw, mallon gia thn kontra.

Kala, nomizeis oti an synexisete na paizete san omadoula me katenazzio sto miso ghpedo, 8a mas dyskolepsete sthn edra sas ? Den paizoun etsi apenanti ston Olympiako. Oute kan enan koutsouremeno Olympiako me ton Okka sthn koryfh ths epitheshs, tous Anatolakh, Kostoula (anti gia Ouadou kai Cezar) sto kentro ths amynas kai enan paikth ligotero.

Kali h Xanthi kai exei kai tis sympa8eies mou (perasa deka xronia ekei) alla den htan podosfairo ayto pou epaikse kai einai pros timh tou Olympiakou pou ekane toses eukairies katw apo autes tis syn8hkes.

Dior8wsh : Ta mpoukalia ontws epeftan apo tous gnwstous hli8ious. Ayto htan to melano shmeio tou agwna kai deixnei oti kai fetos eimaste mia apo ta idia. Alla den stekei oute. gia asteio ws dikaiologia gia thn sxedon anyparkth epi8etikothta ths Xanthhs. Isa isa pou ta mpoukalia sthn perioxh sas htan pou epeftan.

What it does disgust me ... is that also in the Super League old s%$#! happens again...

Soltidis goes near to the Penalty box area..loses the ball ....and dives...nobody touches him... the referee gives free-kick... 16.5 meters ....Rivaldo scores..

Honestly, I would expect from you a more sensible post. It's the Greek league and one of the major teams plays at home, pressing another team at the half of the field and brings its players constantly in or around the penalty area. It's inevitable that a little diving form the offender here, an uncontrollable marking from the defender there and the damage will be done. Do you dare to claim that referee destroyed the game? Why aren't you complaining for Labriakos killer tackle that injured one of our two most valuable players? If redcarded, it would left them with 10 players and hugely unbalance their defense.

I remember Oly earning a non existing penalty against Juve, some years ago, and some controversial fouls and a dismissed goal against Liverpool. Those are only a few examples where OSFP was favoured by referee mistakes, of course there are examples where exactly the opposite did happen.

But, wait a minute, those things never happen with other teams or other leagues. It's full of angels there. We live in a world where everything except Olympiakos is surrounded by a saint halo.

And I didn't see anyone complaining in the media. Arxisame th gkrinia apo thn prwth mera. Opws panta...

It's inevitable that a little diving form the offender here, an uncontrollable marking from the defender there and the damage will be done. Do you dare to claim that referee destroyed the game?
Read carefully my post. I gave respect, where respect is due.

I gave it to Rivaldo, because he deserve it. I gave it to Olympiakos because they were chasing the victory all the time... I said that's crap what Xanti played ..sitting behind...

I think till now you agree with me... and I m not writing any thing wrong because everything is correct.

Now, when I see..that you force, force and push but you can't score... and now Stoltidis goes..without even be touched and falls ... and Referee gives it...

Then this disgust me (same thing happened in Xanthi in the Cup) because it's not serious.. and instead of a yellow to Stoltidis... you get a free-kick of 16.5 m for Rivaldo..

Last saison ok you got an attractive team. But all the funny decisions went to your favor... It's more than strange...it stinks...

Let say the referee would have acted correctly....and have given a yellow for Stoltidis... you might have lost the game.....

And then you would have sat down...and thought what's wrong. What can we improve...

No, you got this comedian free kick.. and you could at least equalise... and you won...

Now you think we are strong... and you are going full of hopes..to CL... only there you don't get this huge gifts...and immense moral pushes....... and because of Stoltidis.. gift... you could not improve your weak points....

Zevlakov...smelled the coffee... and in the next minutes did the same "Hollywood Act" and yes Sir , he got what he aimed... He knows now where he plays....

I am the last to object that OSFP gets pushes from referees (and I won't degrade the discussion by mentioning whether other teams get pushed or not or how much wrt to OSFP). But the way most anti-OSFP (you know what I mean) fans see both inevitable mistakes and impartialities from the refs is like the end of the ethics of the football world has reached. This is not the case. Greek football is dirty, it always was like that. Other leagues can be dirty too, ok less dirty than ours but please don't take a single controversial moment so seriously. I haven't seen a single objection on the Greek "independent" press about the Stoltidis foul (another Kokalis conspiracy?) and, personally, I couldn't tell from TV. Why are we so confident as wannabe refs ? Isn't it a part of greek mentality too?

Also I don't agree with the importance you attribute to the timing of the event. You said more than once that, had the referee denied the foul, OSFP would be unable to win even a sinle point. Not only it's wrong to suggest that (no one can be a prophet) but you forget to count other similarly "critically-timed" events like Lampriakos foul or Okkas non-existent offside or Domi's highly controversial red card.

I am sharing your thoughts about the negative consequences of the penalty-seeking mentality. It wouldn't help our course in CL (however, there are even bigger problems than this one). But it also doesn't help to have solid judgements for things that even professionals can't easily decide about, from a few meters range.

Yes it's true once Okkas was stopped in a favorable position and was onside...

I did not watch 10 minutes of the game... therefore I missed the red card....

As of Lambriakos.. in November 04 .. Lambriakos broke double the leg of Tziortiopoulos... . Nobody from us wrote anything against Lambriakos..because we were sure that he did not do it deliberately... but it was crucial as our bench was very thin then.

No I m not the only one to testimony the "Aniparkto Foul"

Archived