Phantis Forums

Who would U like........

OFI-mtl

With the friendly apprroaching who would U like to see left OFF the squad for EURO qualifiers

From the starting 11 ,it is time for the capt. to go,Zagorakis has led with guts, skill and class but his form the last year and a half is below standards. Time for Basinas and Katsouranis to grow into the leadership role.

From the bench: Anatolakis, Goumas,Vryzzas,Lybe.Papadopoulos

The 2 defenders have nothing to offer I would rather put 2 youngsters on the squad to begin the grooming process for Dellas replacement. The 2 strikers have seen better days, I believe Otto is read to hand the striker roles to Samaras and Amanatidis,and he shows a liking to Salpigidis.

I would love for Otto to give time to Sifakis or Kotsolis in England to see if they are ready to replaceor even PUSH Nikopolidis.

11kada

Nikopolidis

Giourkas

Dellas

Kyriakos

Fyssas

Karagounis/Stelios

Basinas

Katsouranis

Lagos

Amanatidis

Samaras

I would rather see Stelios in on the right side, Karagounis can drift to leftinstead of Lagos BUT, The time has come for a left footed option LAGOS must play. Tuff decisions for Otto in the mid field.

In the game against England I'd play:

1st half: 4-4-2

------------------------------Nikopolidis------------------------------------

Seitaridis---------------Kyriakos-------------Dellas---------------Fyssas

Stelios------------Katsouranis--------Zagorakis---------------Karagounis

------------------------Samaras----------Salpingidis----------------------

2nd half: 3-5-2

------------------------------Nikopolidis-------------------------------------

----------------Kyriakos----------Dellas-----------Katsouranis-------------

Seitaridis-----------------------------------------------------------Fyssas

-------------------Stelios---------Basinas----------Lagos----------------

-------------------------Charisteas----------Amanatidis------------------

I would then decide on how to approach the qualifiers accordingly.

:gr: :gr: :gr: [/b]

nikopolidis

giourkas ---------- kiriakos --------- atzas ------------ fissas

----------------- katsouranis -------------- basinas

----------------------- karagounis-----------------------

salpi ------------- samaras or xaristeas -------------stelios

(noone put atza in, why? isn't he the best greak defender?)

• 2 weeks later...

Today I saw and unmotivated and aged Greece play who frankly did not give a flying fart. In addition, I saw a coach who failed to put out a squad that could play with passion and focus. We lacked passion becuase we were not hussling, marking, being ambitious going forward, and playing with class. In addition, we lacked focus, this could be seen in the slack defending, not covering spaces well, not following our passes, not keep our form, and letting england run at us.

THESE ATTITUDE NEEDS TO CHANGE. I dont care if it is a freindly I watched Belarus play england before world cup and beat them after being a goal down and a man short.

------HOW IS IT BELARUS COULD DIG IN AND FIGHT EVEN BEING SHORT HANDED, and the European Champions could not.

The coach on any team plays a significant role in setting up the tactics and psycological factors which motviate a team. Rehaggel failed to motivate the palyers and he failed to field a squad with proper tactics and in form athletes.

2nd half was a different story..... I hope that is the attitude we weill have for most of our freindlies however it appears rehaggel has truly become greek by adopting the greek mentality and thinking he is a star ( he does chip commercials now in greece)

I would like to see this

---------------------------------------------Sifakis-----------------------------------------Giourkas----------(not antzas-Kyriakos-----------------Dellas-----------NOT FYSSAS

-------------------------------------------Basinas(ZAGO IS DONE)------------------------Giannakopoulos------------------------Karagounis-------------Lagos(stelio on the left)

------------------------Samaras--------------------------------Amanatidis----------------

PS I NEVER WANT TO SEE CHARISTEAS STARTING OVER AMANATIDIS AGAIN aside from blowing ass he has the worst first touch i have ever seen a professional striker have.

maybe this will work?

i would like to see all the euro 2004 players out & replaced by hungry young players who have something to prove

Yes, their job is done. They no longer have anything to prove.

All they're doing is riding the coat tails of the Euro 2004 success, unfortanately they are not riding them too well.

Archived