Phantis Forums

Hello from Edinburgh

jambo22

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to admit I don't know a lot about Greek football so it would be difficult to predict a winner.

I will say that the current Hearts team is far superior to the hibs team that gave AEK a fright 5 years ago.

AEK I think will be confident as they have a good record against Scottish teams having also beat rangers not so long ago.

The heat in Athens could be a factor and I think Hearts have made a mistake moving the home leg from Tynecastle to Murrayfield to accomodate more fans.

Tynecastle is a very tight ground with a great atmosphere and would've been a big advantage, where as Murrayfield holds 67,000 and will probably only be half full for the game.

I will say that the current Hearts team is far superior to the hibs team that gave AEK a fright 5 years ago.

On the other hand, the team that beat Hibs was probably better than our present squad. :(

It won't be a walkover, that's for sure. We thought we were going to have one against Hibs and were fooled. This time we will be prepared. :)

and will probably only be half full for the game.

nah mate,a hink the aek game will bring in about 40 000 at least. i have this feelin we r gonna go thru,and ill be there in athens,to see the lads nick an away goal or 2. am probably wrong,but there you go.

this is a great chance to get to the groups,am sure valdas will have the lads fired up :D

On the other hand, the team that beat Hibs was probably better than our present squad. :(

It won't be a walkover, that's for sure. We thought we were going to have one against Hibs and were fooled. This time we will be prepared. :)

Santos made once more a mistake.. and left Tsartas out.. As far as I can remember Hibs took a 3 : 0 lead.. then finally .. Santos let Tsartas play and Tsartas turned the game....

We are going to buy Dalla Bonna for the defensive midfield.., who played for Chelsea and then was bought by AC Milan but was lent to Bologna and Sampdoria....and we are also chassing a good striker...

I don't think that the team will be complete till this game... so therefore 50 : 50 for this duell.. but let say..if we once will have the above acquisitions playing.. we would be the favorite...

With the above 2 acquisitions, we will have a compete and homogene team... the strongest team in the last 30 years.....

I have to admit I don't know a lot about Greek football so it would be difficult to predict a winner.

AEK I think will be confident as they have a good record against Scottish teams having also beat rangers not so long ago.

The heat in Athens could be a factor and I think Hearts have made a mistake moving the home leg from Tynecastle to Murrayfield to accomodate more fans.

Tynecastle is a very tight ground with a great atmosphere and would've been a big advantage, where as Murrayfield holds 67,000 and will probably only be half full for the game.

you mean Panathinaikos beat Rangers. ;)

Heat is not a factor. The games are at night, and heat as a 'factor' really is a pansy excuse unless you playing in Cairo midday.. I hope not to hear Hearts staff talk about this. I mean the Scottish teams play so rough I cant imagine theyd drop because of some added degrees...

AEK will be playing in Olympic Stadium which is nice, so you will have plenty of room... I dont think it will fill though....they rarely do... AEK need to play in Karaiskaki or Leoforos something small enough to give them an atmosphere...OAKA sucks as a football stadium

good luck to AEK, but if they do go through I will be surprised...AEK in europe as of late has been so disapointing, but they did make it through last time vs Grasshopper Zurich... :gr:

It won't be a walk over for Hearts and if they believe that they are going in Greece for some extra holidays, they are wrong.

However, AEK have a tough draw. Hearts have their very own Abramovich and they have a very talented squad.

Aman vre Paidi mou m'afton ton Panathinaiko.... mas efages :whistle:

No man ..

We beat the Rangers 1 : 0 in Glasgow... (Tsartas ?) and 2 : 0 in Filadelfia (both Saravakos)

Also qualifications games for the Champions League (old model)....

---

You beat last saison Wisla... and in the same round the Swiss Clubs kicked 2 Polish teams out in the UEFA.. Just for the level of Polish Club Football

You lost 3 - 1 in Krakow... in OAKA in the stand of 2 - 1 for you.. Wisla scored a legal Goal in the 87' minute..... for the 2-2.... but for unknown reasons .. the Ref disallowed it... in the next attack Papadopoulos scored the 3 - 1 and saved PAO to the prolongations......

PS. Last time PAO won in Glasgow ... 1 - 0 securing the 3rd place in CL...grace to Epale (To a player that the Green Fans were unfair to him..)

Aman vre Paidi mou m'afton ton Panathinaiko.... mas efages :whistle:

No man ..

We beat the Rangers 1 : 0 in Glasgow... (Tsartas ?) and 2 : 0 in Filadelfia (both Saravakos)

Also qualifications games for the Champions League (old model)....

---

You beat last saison Wisla... and in the same round the Swiss Clubs kicked 2 Polish teams out in the UEFA.. Just for the level of Polish Club Football

You lost 3 - 1 in Krakow... in OAKA in the stand of 2 - 1 for you.. Wisla scored a legal Goal in the 87' minute..... for the 2-2.... but for unknown reasons .. the Ref disallowed it... in the next attack Papadopoulos scored the 3 - 1 and saved PAO to the prolongations......

PS. Last time PAO won in Glasgow ... 1 - 0 securing the 3rd place in CL...grace to Epale (To a player that the Green Fans were unfair to him..)

oh please.....:rolleyes:

1--- "not too long ago" was Panathinaikos

AEK beatnig Rangers with goals from Saravakos/Tsartas in Nea Filadelphia---when was that like 1996? 10 years ago?--sounds like too long ago to me....

2--- PAO beat Rangers 3-1, not 1-0......

Green fans unfair to him? He played one good game. Every other game i had never seen a player at that level lack the FUNDAMENTAL skills of the sport such as touch, passing, and intelligence in the match. He was let go for all the right reasons.

3---what the hell does Wisla have to do with this? First off PAO lost 3-1 in a game that could have just as easily been 2-2... thats the sport

2nd half PAO deserved that win and maybe there was some controversy but it was not a goal to most people and paricticularly the referees.

And if you want to play the what if game PAO would have held on to beat AEK 1st game and be in that CL spot...

but anyways good luck to you AEK because you will need it...

Agood draw for us but not he best. I give us a 60-40 chance to go throu. We need it for the money most and for our spirits. About 10 days away before the first game. I will be at OAKA for the second game and i will take some video and pics so check back later. FORZA AEKARA!!!

Cheers guys, it's always interesting to hear fans from other countries views and opinions about the game of football.

If you want to read what Hearts fans think about the tie (if we get through!!) here is a link to the most popular Hearts forum:

http://www.jamboskickback.co.uk/index.php

It seems both sets of fans are reasonably happy with the draw.

From a Hearts fans perspective,Athens will be a good place to travel to and hope for a result.

We are happy to avoid teams like Milan,Arsenal,Liverpool,Valencia,Benfica,Hamburg and also the Eastern European teams like C.S.K.A for logistical reasons.I think Hearts will bring around 2000 fans over to Athens and we will enjoy the occasion regardless of the result. :tup:

sounds like a nice vacation...

Im sure Hearts understand:

there can be only one!

:P

a scottish analyst in america says hearts will have a very bad season based on youth and havent made manysignings....also said beating AEK would be a fantastic result.....

Is Skacel still on the teaM?

I am an AEK supporter and I believe this will be a very tough game for both teams.

AEK has brought in some new recruits but have lost their captain. Hearts have Fyssas and few good Lithuanians in there.

In Murrayfield, Hearts will probably be nervous. It is the clubs first ever CL qualifying campaign and the pressure will be on them with the home leg first.

It always seems to me that when clubs from other countries come to Greece they can't seem to play to the best of their ability, it's been proven in the past. Even though the OAKA has a bad atmosphere, I believe AEK will prevail at home.

In Murrayfield the game will be a draw, not a 0-0 draw though.

In the OAKA, AEK will win 3-1.

@ Drakos13

I mention Wisla.. because you talk ( I don't mean you personally, but nearly the whole Vazeles Community) without respect , when it comes to AEK and European Cup....

And I mention Wisla because I want to show you where your team stands.... in order not to look down to AEK. It was a legal Goal by Wisla ... and you would have been kicked out by a bad European Team last year in September... nevertheless most of you laugh at us because we were thrown out by Zenith... , who was only kicked out in the Quarter Finals by the later Competition Winners FC Sevilla...

You would have also seen the door by Zenith.........

I also mention Wisla, because you personally said in May 2006... that AEK has no chance to qualify for the CL when securing the 2nd Place....

You know we AEKtzides, we don't forget so easily... ask Dusan :not:

And last but not least if our win in Glasgow is already 10 years back.. what did you achieve in Europe in the last 10 years ?

@ to the game...

Last year Ferencvaros Budapest won in Edinborough 1:0 with Tozer... this says a lot

+

And if we play against Arsenal ? :D

It's just a joke mate B)

I supported and I will support PAO in Europe against every foreign team the Greens played / will play ..............

This is a fact. I also supported PAO against Wisla. I was just embarrassed as a Greek when PAO conceded the 2-2 and was not given (legal Goal and I want to advance "clean").. .but was happy to see PAO advance nontheless...

Archived