Phantis Forums

Ze Roberto

Paokbelgium

i dont believe oly has a midfield trio of kafes, stoltidis and djole...

from what i understand ze roberto means no kafes. as sollied plays 4-3-3 oly midfield and attack should look like this:

....stoltidis..ze roberto

............ribo............

okkas/castillo...konstantinou..djole

if ze roberto plays like he did in the world cup this could be a great midfield, giving rivald enough protection to concentrate on his offense. sad to see kafes only as a sub but that would probably be the way it is...

Dont want him???? DUDE ARE YOU NUTS??? I cant wait I'm just not sure of the balance of the team. As Aekrossoponti says he'll prob be assigned defensive duties but I was under the impression that he doesnt like playing there. Also our midfield trio of Djole, Stoltidi, and Kafes has a balance, who will he come in for? Also, what will this mean for Okkas and Castillo (who have both been immense in pre-season) :unsure:

Ethnikistis, Ze Roberto would be the biggest acquisition for Olympiakos since Rivaldo. I personally want him to start in the position where Kafes plays. Kafes IMO is a "2nd half" player, not a full-time starter. As for Okkas, he's a wasted talent! Get rid of this m#$%!!! :tdown:

Here's my projected lineup what should be a quality Olympiakos lineup at midfield and forward.

Midfielders

Ze Roberto on the left

Stoltidis in the central

Rivaldo on the right

Forwards

Djordevic plays attacking midfield on the left side

Konstantinou plays central forward

Castillo plays right forward

Lets not forget one thing everyone...

The team right now is "FLYING" and if we add Ze ROberto into this mix it might just stumble for a bit. At the moment he hasn't been playing and more importantly hasn't been in the Sollied style of game.

Yeah he's a big name 2nd to RIvaldo coming to Olympiacos, but still he needs to get some friendlies and some quality time with the team

Only time will tell I hope I'm completely wrong and he comes into the club kicking ass and taking European names ;)

No matter what we're looking good and I see another double this year

lets not forget, we are seeing friendly games right now. sociedads arrived in athens on thursday and went from the airport to the pitch. so they semm prepared but we cant say anything more. for europe, olympiakos needs more than just the at times superb stoltidis to hold its own in defensive midfield every game. thats why they go for ze roberto and rightfully so. it also gives olympiacos more options because if olympiacos is flying as you say, then it may be along season ;)

rivaldo won t play on the right. sollied tried that last season and rivaldo complained because he couldn t help the team on that position. sollied realised this. i don t think rivaldo will play on the right again.

as for doubles...since the last 10-15 years it wasnt about doubles but about europe.

i dont believe oly has a midfield trio of kafes, stoltidis and djole...

from what i understand ze roberto means no kafes. as sollied plays 4-3-3 oly midfield and attack should look like this:

....stoltidis..ze roberto

............ribo............

okkas/castillo...konstantinou..djole

if ze roberto plays like he did in the world cup this could be a great midfield, giving rivald enough protection to concentrate on his offense. sad to see kafes only as a sub but that would probably be the way it is...

Kafes is probably the most economical passer in the team thats why I like him, but of course Ze Roberto is a bigger player. However, the midfield you just played kills our width on the right! That would mess up the balance of the team!!! Stoltidi cant provide width and neither Ze nor Djole can play on the right, while Rivaldo refuses to.

Dont want him???? DUDE ARE YOU NUTS??? I cant wait I'm just not sure of the balance of the team. As Aekrossoponti says he'll prob be assigned defensive duties but I was under the impression that he doesnt like playing there. Also our midfield trio of Djole, Stoltidi, and Kafes has a balance, who will he come in for? Also, what will this mean for Okkas and Castillo (who have both been immense in pre-season)  :unsure:

Ethnikistis, Ze Roberto would be the biggest acquisition for Olympiakos since Rivaldo. I personally want him to start in the position where Kafes plays. Kafes IMO is a "2nd half" player, not a full-time starter. As for Okkas, he's a wasted talent! Get rid of this m#$%!!! :tdown:
Dude Okkas is one of our best players. YES ONE OF OUR BEST! Season before last he was Pepsi player of the year too. The problem is that Okkas is expected to get goals when he isnt a goalscorer. When he plays deep, i.e. as an outside forward he is very effective. His workrate is fantastic, his ball control is exquisite, and he's very clever. You cant just get rid of Okkas!

We have an amazing pre-season because the balance is right, and as much as I love Ze Roberto, and I cant wait to sign him, I'm very nervous! To maintain the balance Ze would have to come in for Stoltidis and player as a lone holding midfielder, but could he do that job as well???

Dont want him???? DUDE ARE YOU NUTS??? I cant wait I'm just not sure of the balance of the team. As Aekrossoponti says he'll prob be assigned defensive duties but I was under the impression that he doesnt like playing there. Also our midfield trio of Djole, Stoltidi, and Kafes has a balance, who will he come in for? Also, what will this mean for Okkas and Castillo (who have both been immense in pre-season)

Even if it has nothing to do with our topic here,okkas is one of the best and most valuable players on our squad.It is ok if some of you don t like him but lets be normal for a second.He is running and fighting for 90 minutes and he can score or create for others against bigger opponets and he is victorious most of the times.There is a reason why Bajevic wanted him for Paok and Osfp and the same goes for Sollied now.

Right crazy, because he "dives" down to the pitch like a swimmer just to draw penalties does not make him a great player (it's his reputation). In the Champions League, he should be well aware not to do such acting because he might get carded, and we Gavro fans don't want to see that. He can get away with that kind of s*** in the Greek League. <_<

Even if it has nothing to do with our topic here,okkas is one of the best and most valuable players on our squad.It is ok if some of you don t like him but lets be normal for a second.He is running and fighting for 90 minutes and he can score or create for others against bigger opponets and he is victorious most of the times.There is a reason why Bajevic wanted him for Paok and Osfp and the same goes for Sollied now.

Bravo re Crazy! Katalaveis re megale!

Archived