Phantis Forums

Will Otto see the LIGHT?

OFI-mtl

Paidia I am hoping Otto is taking ntoice of how most of the teams in the final 16 in Germany are sprinkled with wonderful YOUNG TALENT. After watching the Germans take care of Sweden, all you heard apart from Ballach was 20somethings. TheSwiss(youngest team there I think) are preparing for their Euro but look like a Dangerous team NOW!

Can we please move forward(never FORGET) from EURO 2004.

Backline Players who should get a look: Tavlaridis Alexopoulos Darlas even Antzas, please do not bring back Anatolakis Kapsis and if Dellas is not @ 100% he should not be starting!

Goalie: I have no problem with Nikopolidi, But Kotsolis should start getting some time in friendlies and Sifakis as well.

Midfield: We do not have a number 10 to control the game. I believe Tziolis and Lagos must start to get some playing time. If Karagounis does not pick up his game,what good is he, Whining and Diving have no place on the field. Katsouranis and Basinas are nice players and I have no problem with them. Stelios has to raise his game like Zagorakis did and become the leader of this team. This midfield need a left footed presence Enter LAGOS!

Forward: I believe Otto must find the right partner for Samaras, Charisteas is not the 1. Amanatidis or Salpigidis should be given that shot.

My 11 for next Sept.

Nikopolidis

Giourkas

Tavalaridis

Dellas(only if MATCH FIT)/ Antzas( do not trust Kyriakos RED card waiting to happen)

Fyssas

Karagounis

Basinas

Katsouranis

Lagos

Stelios

Samaras

I like the 4-5-1 because we dont have that midfielder who an offense can run thru, and Stelios has proved he can poach goals as an attacking mid.If Karagounis is not producing I have no problem with Amanatidis or Salpigidis up front 4-4-2

Ksipna OTTO

That's a decent line-up except I'd replace Tavlaridis with Antzas. Problem is though no one is stepping up aside from our eldest players and that raises tons of concerns. Also we can't pull a Germany since we aren't abundant with talent and each qualifying game matters more than any friendlies. Germany had 2 years not having to qualify and they lost many times and drew against supposed lesser teams, rarely were they any good until the actualy finals were they found a team good enough to compete plus they have many advantages over the other teams. Greece doen't have that luxury, and they must get positive results in every game if they are to qualify. Plus this is the senior team not the u-23 that goes to the olympics. Youth doesn't = success, however a good team does. Have any of you seen anything special from any of our younger players in the games they have played? I've seen glimpses at most, but a glimpse doesn't last 90 minutes for each 12 games.

4-5-1 ???

Cmon dude.... We need a more offensive set-up. The teams that we're going to play for the Euro Qualifying are going to come right at us and make us score...

I completely agree with you w/ the youth that our squad needs but the formation needs to be different as well. Let witness great soccer not just good.

:tup:

No lets play 4-3-3 and have evey one run thru the midfield like a jail break.

I'll take my chances and play 1-0 winning football. We do not posess the skill set to play attacking football.

Our young players do not get a chance because the clubs buy over the hill veterans who cant play in spain,italy,germanyand the youngsters are riding the bench. Our top players must make the move to play abroad. Otto must scout these players how Tavlaridis has been overlooked is amazing.

I live in Canada where hockey is king and this year our Olympic team did not fair well on account of management not trusting the young talent and we had a terrible tourny.

Do not let your team grow old together it will take years to rebuild. If you have vets on the pitch at least have the young ones on the bench to soak it in and get the work in practice.

Result 1st ,everyone telling you you play beautiful soccer 2nd!

Tavlaridis is very unproven, he's been good at Lille, but he hasn't been the same for Greece. Otto has seen more of him than us and I trust his judgement better than anyone elses. However calling him up again does no harm and only benefits us. The last time we used 5 defenders was against Holland and we lost resoundingly. I think maybe it is time to bring on players like Stoltidis, he's a very good threat on corners and a good player, maybe even zikos. Zikos I was never too fond of because of his actions against Otto but his desire to play for the team makes me think he can breathe life back in our midfield. Vryzas should be recalled, he's been a lot more productive than many of our forwards have been and he's trying to keep playing competitively rather than staying on the bench like many others. Choutos as well, another player I haven't thought much of but he has very good physical build, very good header, and very dangerous in the box. Another chance wouldn't hurt and at this point of time all these players are looking better by each game we play.

Archived