Phantis Forums

Mad World & PIK- Coming Soon?

Anyone have anything new to report regarding these two channels coming to North America? As I understand it UBI has the rights for N. America as well as Australia so what are the chances we will see these channels sometime soon? Is this Boulos guy playing hardball, asking for too much money, I assume they will cost around the same as the other channels? I would think that PIK would be a little less, does it show Soccer cause if not then can't really justify paying $15. a month for it.

DKSat any news to share with us?? Everything has suddenly gone quiet, what gives?

Also, what happened to ERT Sat and the rights for North America, they still not decided or don't want to announce anything yet??

:gr:

3 new international channels are uplinked at 61.5 and 2 of the 3 are in locations right next to Alter Globe (ch. 662, 663)- I wonder if that means RIK and Mad World are coming soon!! :tup:

No info yet on what these channels are so I can still hold out hope that some more Greek channels are coming down the pipe. Put this with what DK Sat mentioned above and it sounds very promising that something is indeed coming.

BTW, the above info is from dbstalk forums

Yes ERA Sport is on 121. That was one reason why I switched to SuperDish.

That's one bad thing about Dishnetwork. They just switch channels from satellite to satellite, making us change the dish setups way too often. I switched from 61.5 to 121, when they put the radio stations only on 121. I was going to add 61.5 to my setup as well when they put Alter there, but have not done so yet. I have a dish pointing to 61.5, but I need Switch 44 in order to do it. So far there has not been any incentive for me to do so. If they add Alpha, I might consider it.

Anyway if all these new Greek channels are coming, I wonder if Dish will revamp their Greek language packages. They need to do something to make a good and affordable package, because I don't see many people forking out 15 bucks for individual stations.

At the last retail Charlie chat.

The news was that Dish Network is going to discontinue the Super Dish its not working out for them.

I did a Blind scan on Echostar 3 @ 61.5 the Traxis 3500 receiver scan 5 new International channels at this time they are all empty and with no PIDs

DKSat

At the last retail Charlie chat.

The news was that Dish Network is going to discontinue the Super Dish its not working out for them.

You got to be kidding me. They will actually scrap the whole SuperDISH concept?

I thought they were only moving local channels from the 121 and 105 birds to 110 once they get their new satellite operational.

that would be good for us taht have 61.5, the radio stations would be good, era sport is on 121, right?

I believe so. I just have the 61.5 too because I didn't want them drilling holes in my roof with that huge dish. I'm just praying that we get alpha. I really don't care for PIK or mad world.

ilias, what you are describing is not FTA, this forum does not condone the piracy of channels. 61.5 also known as echostar 3 i believe is a geosynchronous satelite that provides service for Dish Network.

Mods, can we maybe remove ilias' post?

Thanks.

kapsolas it is a touchy issue. I don't think that we should be deleting discussion of the fact that Nagra2 was compromised by the hackers. However we will not allow any specific information on how to go about pirating the signals, which is illegal.

As for ilias's post, yes what he is suggesting is not FTA, but the receiver he is talking about can be used to receive FTA, which is quit legal.

3 new international channels are uplinked at 61.5 and 2 of the 3 are in locations right next to Alter Globe (ch. 662, 663)- I wonder if that means RIK and Mad World are coming soon!! :tup:

No info yet on what these channels are so I can still hold out hope that some more Greek channels are coming down the pipe. Put this with what DK Sat mentioned above and it sounds very promising that something is indeed coming.

BTW, the above info is from dbstalk forums

I just checked the channels uplinked and one is arabic and the other is some music station but its not greek. I didn't think either of those two would come to dishnetwork because nobody would watch them.

Well I guess I was wrong, cause all 3 channels added today are from Pakistan <_< I just thought that since maybe because they were beside Alter that they may have been Greek. Also don't forget what DKSat said:

I will have some news in the coming weeks right now i can not post anything.

I am in a SH SH SH SH mode. till thing fall in there place.

DK Sat

This to me sounds like something is coming but he can't say anything yet. Unless of course he is just playing with me?!

In any event, time will tell if these channels ever come to N. America. Also how do you know that no one would watch them?? I a quite sure that the Cypriots who live in the US would be interested in RIK Sat and I am curious to see what Mad World is about. Everyone likes music, I could say Antenna sucks (actually I already have :D ) but other people may like it (God only knows why :blink: ).

I am happy with what we got now, especially if ERT is successful in securing the rights to the national team games then I could care less about Alpha or any other channels.

:gr:

Archived