Phantis Forums

Turkey gets heavy penalty for Euro 2008 Qualis.

plato-ny

One thing I forget :

Turkey will play in Germany (if this decision stays so)

I am here in Germany and here are living about 2,2 million turkish Germans. (They immigrated here 40 years before) To the US-guys : Not like the same situaiton with mexicans in the US:

The Turks are here a part of the society and are citizen of Germany.

So many German Turks will support the team in every 6 games... (I believe they will scream so loud around the stadium that teh players think they are in the stadium ) B)

back to soccer

Thge Turks had to be nailed - fan violence is terrible but so is violence from players and staff - how the hell are players going to focus on the game when they have to worry about some idiot attacking them

Soccer's battle against violence on a club level all over the place is not good - but FIFA has shown with a penalty of bans and $ that they will not tolerate this - you can say that the Turks are happy about this - but I don't think that is true

Ok...Turkey gets a few games where they don't get to use their home field in front of their fans.

My question is this......

WHAT HAPPENS IF THEY DO THIS AGAIN?

They should be told now what the ramifications are if another brawl occurs in a similar situation. This way they have no excuse for whining afterwards if a Death Penalty type sentence is levied.

Turkey has a chance to clean up their on field act and just concentrate on football.

Will they do it? Check back after the WC 2010 (not just the Euro2008) qualifications.

This is not the first time that after a match palyers and staff get in a fight....

Then tell us when it happened before???

One thing I forget :

Turkey will play in Germany (if this decision stays so)

I am here in Germany and here are living about 2,2 million turkish Germans. (They immigrated here 40 years before) To the US-guys :

i think it could and maybe should have been much harsher given the history of turkish misbehavior in important games...

i don t see it hurt turkish hopes of qualification though. the turkish national team has a hard time in the home games. the press and many fans see football matches as war and thus the players are over-nervous and seldom perform as they can. i believe turkey will play better without the fans and press etc. situation in turkey. to me this makes the turkish national team more dangerous than before.

I don't think this is true! Teams like Malta, Moldova, and even Norway aren't use to playing in front of big, hostile, crowds! They'll take confidence from this! For example, lets say Turkey vs Malta is 0-0 after 30mins and Malta get a corner. If the stadium is full of barbarians they'll be throwing bottles, etc, and will shake up the inexperienced players. BUT in an empty stadium every minute that passes and the game is level the Maltese will gain comfort and confidence!

:gr: :gr: :gr:

The decision is believe me not right. Nobody of you saw the match England-Turkey for EC 2004..

Hoologians ran to the field and attacked turkish players....what happened to England? nothing...

This is not the first time that after a match palyers and staff get in a fight.... you cant give against people so a hard decision.... no fan run on the field and attacked a swiss ....

some of the fans threw plastic bottles to the field....yes but where does this not happen ??

For what 6 matches?? What was so horrible??? Is somebody injured? NO --for waht I ask you..... please be a little objective....

Be objective? Remember when Cantona was hit by a Turkish policeman with a batton? Or when the Leeds fans were stabbed? Or the racist abuse Heskey got? The Turkey vs England brawl? The Turkish fans meeting opposing teams at the airport and running their fingers across their throat? The death threats the Anorthosis team received before the game against Trabzon? You have a disgusting history in football, politics, socially and culturally! You deserve much more than 6 matches!

They should cop it on the chin and say 'Thank You" to FIFA for not kicking them out completely :whistle:

When Hellas plays Turkey I predict :gr: 3-0 to HELLAS :gr: :1eye:

I will remember you in this forum .....

don be so happy tooooo early......

the statistics are on our side

:) :)

The decision is believe me not right.  Nobody of you saw the match England-Turkey for EC 2004..

Hoologians ran to the field and attacked turkish players....what happened to England? nothing...

This is not the first time that after a match palyers and staff get in a fight.... you cant give against people so a hard decision.... no fan run on the field and attacked a swiss ....

some of the fans threw plastic bottles to the field....yes but where does this not happen ??

For what 6 matches?? What was so horrible??? Is somebody injured? NO --for waht I ask you.....  please be a little objective....

Be objective? Remember when Cantona was hit by a Turkish policeman with a batton? Or when the Leeds fans were stabbed? Or the racist abuse Heskey got? The Turkey vs England brawl? The Turkish fans meeting opposing teams at the airport and running their fingers across their throat? The death threats the Anorthosis team received before the game against Trabzon? You have a disgusting history in football, politics, socially and culturally! You deserve much more than 6 matches!

Well said, couldnt have said it better my self except for the last sentence or two ;) ....

Turkey should really just cop it on the chin considering there past Incidences & Discretions that were listed in the above quote....

However turkey is going to fight all the way; check it out:

Turkey vows legal war over sanctions

ISTANBUL (AFP) - The Turkish Football Association said yesterday it was preparing for a “legal war” against the sanctions that FIFA slapped on Turkey for the violence that marred its November World Cup qualifier against Switzerland.

“We did not expect such a heavy penalty. We are shocked,” Haluk Ulusoy, the association’s president, said at Ataturk Airport after flying in from Zurich, where the sanctions were announced Tuesday.

FIFA ordered Turkey to play their next six official home games behind closed doors at a neutral venue and pay all organizational costs, handed out a 129,000-euro fine and banned three of their players.

http://www.ekathimerini.com/4dcgi/_w_artic...9/02/2006_66219

You have a disgusting history in football, politics, socially and culturally! You deserve much more than 6 matches![/size][/color][/b]

Well said, couldnt have said it better my self except for the last sentence or two ;) ....

Turkey should really just cop it on the chin considering there past Incidences & Discretions that were listed in the above quote....

Really? I thought that was the best and most accurate part! B)

I have a solution. Ban Turkey from taking part in any football related activities for good. No more problems! ;)

I have a better solution:

Raise down all football stadiums and build up ballerina schools.... it should be forbidden that some one plays a ball with his food ... ban soccer from be a kind of sport.....

Nobody should watch soccer .. everybody should watch the winter olympics .... we should all watch dancing on ice..... or any other beautiful kind of sport like thorwing darts or playing black jack ......

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

For those who obviously cannot accept the other side.... I have one thing to say...

Beat you opponent in the pitch first and then talk about sanctions

For cruing out loud it is these discussions Officials must be seeing and we are condemned to NEVER playing an actual match between Greece and Turkey!

First the laws of statistics were bent and we almost never were drawn agains eachother...

now we are constantly drawn against eachother and NO OTHER RESULT THAN A DRAW is acceptable!

Go on like that ... hate each other! And be manipulated like puppets form people who exploit your hatred!

I would prefer a 3-0 win over, and a 3-0 loss to Turkey rather than this show staged!

Greek Side... Turkey was banned ... Maybe they deserved it .. maybe not. Unfortunatelly this is bad for the Sport.

Turkish Side... Turkey was banned ... Maybe you deserved it .. maybe not.

I understand your anger but redirect some also towards the people who caused this so you will suffer less from relevant punishments as a nation

Now lets go back to sport talk...

• 2 months later...

I think we can safely assume that Turkey will be playing in Germany for their home games. The following was on UEFA.COM

>Turkey announce friendly fixtures

>Friday, 14 April 2006

>Turkey have announced six friendlies as they step up preparations for UEFA >EURO 2008™ qualifying. Fatih Terim's team, who were held by Azerbaijan on >Wednesday, will face Belgium on 24 May, before journeying to Germany to play >Ghana, Estonia, Saudi Arabia, Angola and F.Y.R. Macedonia in the fortnight prior >to the 2006 FIFA World Cup.

Their friendly results have been poor so far, if that continues confidence will be low in the qualifiers and thet won't have any fans to lift them, so these friendlies could be important.

Archived