Phantis Forums

ERT Sat and Distribution Rights

According to articles on Satleo, it seems there is some bad blood between ERT and OTE and a 'war of words' is currently going on. ERT is currently negotiating the distribution rights for ERT Sat for all areas around the world. In Europe, from my understanding, it seems OTE feels that ERT should broadcast ERT Sat on their satellite (Hellas Sat) since they are a local company and not give the rights to foreign companies. ERT says they are trying to do what is best for them and the viewers, trying to get the best deal possible. That is the jist of what is there but there may be more than what I have picked up.

Regarding the rights for the rest of the world (including N. America and Australia) ERT is currently finalizing negotiations and a decision should be made shortly. The following companies have bid to get the rights-

-Panasat (?)

-British Telecom (?)

-Deutsche Telecom (?)

-France Telecom (Globecast, I think?)

Anyone know what satellite the first three operate?

:gr:

-Panasat , Stellite Pass 9 at 58.0 w

-British Telecom, Satellite Pass 9 at 58.0 w

-Deutsche Telecom , Satellite Pass 9 at 58.0 w and ANC 1 at 101.0 w

-France Telecom (Globecast) Satellite NSS 806 at 40.5 w, NSS 7 at 22.0 w , Hispasat at 30.0 w , IA 5 at 97.0 w, AMC 1 AT 103.0 W

DKSat

• 3 weeks later...

Still no news on this, what is taking so long? I thought that ERT was very close to making a decision on who would get the rights to ERT SAT, so what is the hold up?

Also, I am still waiting on the region-specfic schedules, which don't appear to be coming any time soon?!

Archived