Phantis Forums

EuroBasket Semis and Final on NBATV in USA

For those of us not lucky enough to be there live, you can still watch Greece play France in the EuroBasket semi-finals this Saturday at Noon EST on NBATV(http://www.nba.com/nba_tv/) and on ERT satellite (NET).

Luckily I have both stations. I'll probably watch the Greek broadcast as the NBATV broadcast will definitely be biased towards France and Tony Parker. I heard they were during the Lithuania game and even incorrectly stated that France had already beaten Greece once in this competition. Ti vlakes!

Anyhow, enjoy the games and hopefully Greece can win 2 more games! Has a country ever been simultaneously European Champions in soccer and basketball? That would be one hell of an accomplishment!

Luckily I have both stations. I'll probably watch the Greek broadcast as the NBATV broadcast will definitely be biased towards France and Tony Parker.  I heard they were during the Lithuania game and even incorrectly stated that France had already beaten Greece once in this competition. Ti vlakes!

Really? Isn't Spiro Dedes doing the play-by-play?

The game will be on at 9pt, 10ct, and 12 est. The game will be on Raptors T.V. The commentators pissed me off today giving so much credit to Korolenko and little credit to the Greeks. He could not believe that the Greeks played so well and beat Russia. The fans in the game were unreal and you could hear them very well. There was about 200 of them and they were very loud. BRAVO re PEDIA dio akoma kai tha tragoudame ella elladara s'aggapame.

SIKOSETO TO g*****ENO DEN BORO DEN BORO NA PERIMENO!!!!!!!

Is the game going to be shown on ERT SAT????

The game will be on both ERT Sat as well as NBA TV (for those in the US anyway). For anyone else who does not have access to these two channels, or does not live in a country that will be showing the game, the games can be viewed live on the internet through fiba.com for $4.95.

Has a country ever been simultaneously European Champions in soccer and basketball? That would be one hell of an accomplishment!

The USSR won the European Football Championship in 1960 and the European basketball championship in 1961 and 1963. (The USSR actually won the basketball championship consecutively from 1957 through 1971 - 8 championships in a row).

NOTE: The football championship is every 4 years while the basketball championship is every 2. Also, the football championship did not start until 1960 while the basketball championship began in 1935.

Also, Italy won the World Cup in Football in 1982 and the European Championship in basketball in 1983, but Italy were not European champions in football concurrent with their European basketball championship.

So, we're still 2 games away from matching the former USSR's accomplishment of being European champions in both football and basketball. A pretty amazing feat if we can pull it off.

Archived