Phantis Forums

THE END OF STREAMS

Guest gastone_1978

Guest gastone_1978

Dear PHANTIS FORUM members,

To begin with, we would like to thank you from the depths of our heart for your high interest and extreme support that you have shown over the past few months concerning our efforts to stream Live Greek football and other live sports from Greece. Unfortunately though, this Forum has proven to be very popular. In fact it proved to be more popular than we needed it to be, because it appeared that the wrong people kept an eye on our posts all this time long.

Therefore, shortly after the basketball game that we showed on Friday, I received an e-mail that I managed to see this evening, sent to me from The Bureau dealing with Copyright Issues in the US (http://www.copyright.gov/), giving me a BIG warning, as no copyrights have been bought.

Now as most of you have probably realized, we are common people like you living in a house with our families, our jobs, and our dog and we would never let anything disturb the peace of our lives. Therefore, the streams will be STOPPED for ever as we do not want to ruin what we already have, or what we have been working for all these years. We advise you that you do not give any mms links through this forum, as these guys are not joking at all. Anyone who doesn’t follow this advice will have to face his own responsibilities. At least I will sleep over the night knowing that I tried to prevent anything bad happening to you under your ignorance.

It was a truly amazing experience giving the sense to all these 1st,2nd or 3rd generation Greek Compatriots that our Country is not that far away, as we could watch anything through the Internet. Unfortunately this lasted for a few weeks, but it's always worth a try right? Therefore, we hope that we have your full understanding on this decision that we have taken not to Stream anything ever again from our end, and we declare that we will not be responsible if anyone else tries to repeat our effort.

BIG BROTHER IS watching us. Hopefully some wealthy Greek businessman will be touched one day and will buy the rights to rebroadcast all these great events occurring in Greece. Until then you will still be ale to approach us whenever you feel like it, as we will keep being as active as possible through this hospitable Forum.

Thank you all once again for your help all this time long!

Kindly the TEAM.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was only a matter of time before this happened. It was great while it lasted. To those that put the PBC on the air, a great big thanks goes out to you. It was a soccer fan's delight. I had a question regarding the posting of links on this forum. We are not allowed to post links, even though these links have nothing to do with Phantis or this forum? Say, someone outside of this forum has the capability to "stream" like before, if they were to post the link on this forum would Phantis allow it? What if it was PM'd to certain members?

Again, a great thanks!

i would like to thamk you gastone and understand how you feel. i also hope that this american bureau is reading this because i would like to take this opurtunity to tell them to go f--k themselves kolo americani.

i realy dont understand what its there business and what they have to do with this.

anyways we all understand you gastone.

Guest gastone_1978

I trully wouldn't push it if I were you pantelo, but if you go ahead and you get away with it I will start wondering what we did wrong.

I know of many websites that have closed in the past and many many more forums because they were giving away free stream links to people for FA League premiership mainly. They are not there anymore. Why should we take the risk of letting something like that happen to Phantis Forum. Afterall it's not our property here, we are just being hosted and we love it. So I am willing to respect this.

I trully wouldn't push it if I were you pantelo, but if you go ahead and you get away with it I will start wondering what we did wrong.

I know of many websites that have closed in the past and many many more forums because they were giving away free stream links to people for FA League premiership mainly. They are not there anymore. Why should we take the risk of letting something like that happen to Phantis Forum. Afterall it's not our property here, we are just being hosted and we love it. So I am willing to respect this.

Thats true.... Now, if anybody wants to risk it like you pantelo, its better if you do it on a different website, maybe a standalone website, where in case they close it, its not going to affect our forum, but just that website that got made just for the streams.....

Thank you for all the effort you have put into this website, we are trully gratefull!

However, the truth of the matter is that all they can do is try to scare you with threats and such. There is NO WAY they can force the site to close, as nothing is hosted ON the site and just links are being provided. I am pretty sure that whichever sites have closed in the past, it was because the owners were afraid that bad things would happen to them; something I can totally respect but which is not true.

Not only that, the copyrights have to do with teams and championships that are being held in other continents (!) and american organizations of this sort have no say whatsoever, as there is no one in the US who is harmed by those broadcasts and can pursue legal action against the site (even if he would, he would lose).

Again, I totally respect whichever decision you guys take, and I don't know what I would do if I were in your place (so I am not being a wise guy). I just believe we should not let empty threats destroy something beautiful...

PS. Out of curiosity, is Phantis hosted on an american server? Not that it would change anything, but if it's not then their threats are even more ridiculous! Take a look at Piratebay and have a nice laugh! :D

PS2. How did they find your email anyway?

Guest gastone_1978

you F***en pigs!

GAMW TO CIA KAI TIS HPA MAZI

malakes

Please no bad language. Nothing against CIA or HRA or any Government protecting copyrights.

They are doing their job, and they are doing it very well.

So please do not let this thread be a place where people will start bitching and swearing. It's just an announcement afterall, and nothing will change their decision or ours.

Keep this thread on the proper level. I beg you.

P.S. Whoever is willing to pay for mine, spiros' and whoever else's jurudical costs whatever these might be, in that case where we get charged of copyright issues and sent to court, can send me a proof of his financial support and I will keep doing this with the rest of the guys without any fear.

The outcome is this: I want to sleep in peace everynight and only have to worry about my family, my friends, my career (that will also be placed in danger, all my professional licenses will be taken away even in the case where I go to court found to be NOT guilty) and my residency? You can only think of the worst scenario in cases like that. Therefore I am absolute on my decision.

Please do not use bad language on this thread. Show maturity and patience.

Gastone,

Did the email refer to any links in particular, or were they just talking about all links in general? What the hell do American copright laws have to do with the Greek league? Absolutely nothing! They must have been refering to some of the basket links and maybe the champions league as ESPN has the rights... surely.

Guest gastone_1978

That's correct Manga. I am sorry but I do not want to discuss about this anymore as it will not lead anywhere. It has already disturbed most of my day, and I do not have that many days to get some rest.

It's a shame that's all I have to say. At least we cannot be blamed for not trying. I am happy knowing that even for a short time we made it happen .

Euxaristoume paidia gia oti kanate

Eseis pao Ellada kai eseis edw

Kapoia stigmh ola 8a ginoun nomima

Ama moirhsoun xrhma sthn Ellada gia tnv porwsn mas edw 8a mas kanoun oti kanoun stn olympiako me ta streams meta th ln{h tou paixnidoiu

Euxomai na mas ta deixnoun live

Ante pali sto radio

Regarding the TV channels, pou exete available. Ti givetai me auta.

8a kopei to stream? Ante giati ama ginei kai auto ti 8a kanw pou dev 8a mporw na blepw Vefa.

Loipon na eiste kala. Panw pou elega na sundesw ton upologisth me to stereo gia na gemizei to spiti Toumpa, Karaiskakn, Stadio.

Ante pali kollhmenoi sto radio. Skefthte oti prin 15 xronia akougame edw stn US radio sta braxea opote epiane. Edw eidika sto dutiko Midwest pote'

Mprabo sa paidia

8a mou leipsei h agwnia gia to link tou Spirou.

Go Phantis.

Talk to you in the club forums

Thunder :gr:

What an absolute SHAMBLES!!!

You guys had a great thing happening here. Phantis was bringing the world game to the omogenia. Surely there must be something we can do. Year after year I await some good news on Greek football coverage (CL and WC qualifier matches) yet no-one comes to the party.

I'm very disappointed guys but we shouldnt just give up like that.

Following up from Manga's post, does that mean that Phantuis can still have live streams for the Greek league games???

ego leo sta @@ MAS TI LENE OIKOLOEVREI,,,KAI NA KANOUME ANAKINOSIS SE PRIVATE MESSAGES STOUS TOUS MELOUS MAS KAI MONO ETSI GINETE NA VLEPOUME KAPIA STREAMS,,,,,MESON SOPCAST,,,,INE PUBLIC FORUM KAI OPIOS THELI STO KOSMOU BORI NA MATHI,,,AS TO KANOUME KRIFA PAIDIA

GASTONE SPIRO GREAT WORK PAIIDA THANK U KINDLY THIRIA

Following up from Manga's post, does that mean that Phantuis can still have live streams for the Greek league games???

Yeah what's going to happen?

How could they monitor such a thing. What a farce! I challenge them to sue me from the other side of the world.

gastone please give me these evrei the email adress cause ill give them my piece of my @@ :box: :box: :box:

they wanna sook about this then show some live greek teams in cleague u pathetic pieces of garbage and well pay for the service u pathetic money hungry ass.holes

its their fault theyve forced us to see games our way.IF THEY DONT LIKE IT THEY CAN ALL GO GET,fu.cked,

I have gotten live stream from friend in smirni,,,,and i havent blabbed on about it.

AT the end of the day u american poofter....jewish a.holes,,,,,ur standover tactics do not scare us,,,,we are not palestine,,,dont f.ck with the greeks,

STa @@ mas what u tell us mou,nia'

U CAN THREATEN US ALL U LIKE U yankee JERK.OFFS AT THE END OF THE DAY U CANNOT STOP US STREAMING,.,,,,WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY AND WE CAN DO ANYTHING WE WANT WITH IT

BIG BROTHER CAN STICK HIS THREATS WHERE SUNSHINE DOESNT SHINE!

whilst internet exists any person can stream from greece to their countrymen around the world and hosts sporting events that interests,,,us,,,sporting events that regardless that u have international rights to,,,,,,,,,"but couldnt be bothered doing cause its not "economically viable for yous.

we wont stop,,,,this type of viewing is not gonna stop weather u like it or not.

This is bull$hit, I thought this was a free country not a fee country. Greedy sons of @#$%^es. The people responsible for streaming exemplify what is good in this world, I believe we can win against these greedy scum bags who made sports about money.

Keep the hope alive

ktima, itan kali auti i idea kai mas edose tin dunatotita na blepoume perissotero ellada,an katalaba kala(giati ta agglika mou den einai kai polu kala)den prepei allo na bazoume links sto site,tora oson afora to problima me to sopcast pisteuo oti an eseis eiste diathetimenoi na bazete paixnidia ekei den nomizo na xreiazete na bazete ena links sto site,uparxei eukoloteros tropos, anoigma sopcast manually sto:http://sop.sopcast.org/sop/broker_noauth,,kai kateutheian exei ta kanalia,, elpizo na katalabenete ti thelo napo,,oso gia tin onomasia tou link sto sopcast an einai kati to elliniko oloi tha katalaboune oti einai auto

Archived