Phantis Forums

About this weekend's streams

Guest gastone_1978

Guest gastone_1978

Lepon, I will say this and please open your ears and your eyes. Quite a few of you have shown a high interest in our effort to stream games by post messaging either Lopopo, spiros, or myself. Personally I have been touched by your messages and I want to thank you all. Nevertheless there are quite many out there who still don't know what a port looks like, when we ask them to open port 29019 or maybe some other in the future who knows.

Ignorance can be cured by asking and finding things out yourelf sometimes. thank Gos we r quite a few here who are willing to help you despite our limited time, as like most of you we have our jobs and our families. Therefore:

1)whoever doesn't know how to open a port please let us know, otherwise do not connect to sopcast if you are behind a router.

2)Download Netmeter to see if you are uploading anything when connected on the network.

3) Remember if yu do not upload and you still keep watching it is only because of others' upload. At some point though the network will collapse and no-one will be able to watch

4) Let off your shelfishness and share what you watch otherwise I promise you only a few selected people 50-100 and they know who we r talking about will be included in our streams. We have found ways to activate this through a username and a password so do not force us do something just for us and our friends. Remember this is not TV, this is the INTERNET where people SHARE.

Now to our friends in Greece who are bored going to a cafeteria watch games through supersport I have to say this. It is ok to connect to our networks as long as you have your ports open and a connection UPLOAD of at least 128kb/s. Remember that some other greeks have no other means of watching the football games, where at least you have one. Please do not write them off just because you wanna watch the game from your pc whatsoever.

Most of you from the universities unfortunately even though you have great internet connections you cannot upload and therefore you have no means of supporting our networks. Please you also download netmeter and check if you are uploading anything. In MOST cases your ports are CLOSED so try your Home internet connection! Thanks for your understanding.

Peace, and let's hope most of us will follow the rules this time., as patience is running out :)

How do I open a port?

I am a new member, having found about live streaming only recently. I have got dsl, so the sharing wouldnt be a problem. I do use a router tho, because I share the connection with my flatmates (but they do not use internet that much).

Thanks!

Archived