Phantis Forums

A-League Opening Night Results

Newcastle 0-1 Adelaide

Perth 0-1 Central Coast

Brian Deane, the star import for Perth, was in the starting lineup after arriving just last Saturday. Showed his class when on the ball but was a bit sluggish, but that was probably main due to him still sufferening jetlag from his 27 hour flight. He didnt get ver godd service, The Perth midfield was poor, only a Noel Spencer 35-metre superstrike separated the sides.

death to the a-league

i dont understand u, yes what they did to south melbourne was wrong but give it time.

Heres my 3 scenarios of what will happen

1. The A League is a good thing for Aus Football. Watch Melb Victory die a slow death as they wont have the $$$ to re enter next year as all the wogs boycott it.

Then Souths can re enter in their place :tup:

2. Wogs get over Melb Victory and the A League becomes a roaring success. More $$$ get pumped into the game therefore competition gets extended and then second division team like Olympic, Marconi, and Soths get to re enter via promotion.

3 A league dies as whole which means football in Australia dies and all teams are stuck in Ameteur competitions as everyone sees no one can make $$$ investing into football (is that what u want protathlitis)

FYI this is the A league forum how can u be moderator if it doesnt interest u. Maybe we should have a NSL - living in the past forum just for u :whistle:

Guest Protathlitis

i post in here about australian soccer not the gay-league. SMH still has 100 times the passion playing in the Victorian premier league

i cbf explaining to you about the a-league. go to the south melbourne forum and educate yourself re

i post in here about australian soccer not the gay-league. SMH still has 100 times the passion playing in the Victorian premier league

i cbf explaining to you about the a-league. go to the south melbourne forum and educate yourself re

re im not saying SMH has no passion im on ur side about SMH but if the a league doesnt work out Football in Australia dies as a whole.

Looks like the Melb fans sold out on Souths

18,000 people showed up for Victory!

i thought there was a revolt going on?

There goes my point #1

now we just have to hope for #3 where teams like SMH can get promoted in the future

Guest Protathlitis

victory will fail dont worry about the crowd in the first home game

i mentioned the VPL because of the comments i shouldent be mod :ph34r: :P

Archived