Phantis Forums

Video evidence used to crackdown on diving

Korisos

Italian Federation OK's Video Evidence To Punish Divers! (goal.com)

The Italian football federation has taken a revolutionary decision as starting this Sunday divers can be punished using video evidence.

Article 31 of the Italian federation’s regulations was amended to allow video evidence to be used against those divers whose action caused an adversary to be red carded or a penalty kick in his team’s favour.

This is a huge innovation in a league known for its great football, but also for its very theatrical players.

Furthermore, players that use their hands to score a goal or avoid a goal without the referee noticing their foul play, can also be punished through the use of video evidence.

It is still unclear whether on this latter issue game results can be changed if foul play is revealed by the video evidence.

couldn't agree more with it myself, if it's sucessfull i wouldn't be surprised to see other domestic leagues start using it.

That's going to be tough....

Witht he speed that some of these players are going at it has to be right on with the whole group of Refs. What I mean is that the Linesmen have to be right non and so does the main man in the middle.

It's going to be something that's going to have to take some time in order for them to week out some kinks. The one thing about this is that you're going to see great skill from players come out instead of trying to "beat the system"

:tup:

end to diving in italy???

there will be a lot of cards/fines handed out inthis league.......

maybe in the beginning as players get used to it, but then we should more skills.

this might start a revolution, i know there was talk of doing the same thing in england but it never happened so maybe if this is succesfull england and others will follow the example.

Archived