Phantis Forums

Liberopoulos called up to NT

billydagreek

Liberopoulos is back with the nt, it seems otto is making some changes, trying some things out......here is the new roster.

Nikopolidis (Olympiacos CFP), Sifakis (OFI Crete FC), Fyssas (Heart of Midlothian FC), Seitaridis (FC Dinamo Moskva), Vintra (Panathinaikos FC), Kyrgiakos (Panathinaikos FC), Goumas (Panathinaikos FC), Kapsis (Olympiacos CFP), Moras (AEK Athens FC), Karagounis (FC Internazionale Milano), Giannakopoulos (Bolton Wanderers FC), Katsouranis (AEK Athens FC), Basinas (Panathinaikos FC), Kafes (Olympiacos CFP), Zagorakis (PAOK FC), Lakis (AEK Athens FC), Vryzas (ACF Fiorentina), Charisteas (AFC Ajax), Salpingidis (PAOK FC), Lyberopoulos (AEK Athens FC).

Print

Tsiartas,chalkias, and Gekas I understand not being on the team - Dellas too - for different reasons

and I guess Tavlaridis did not impress but Paps and Amantidis? young and healthy but left off - balls to the walls Otto :gr:

Tsiartas,chalkias, and Gekas I understand not being on the team - Dellas too - for different reasons

and I guess Tavlaridis did not impress but Paps and Amantidis? young and healthy but left off - balls to the walls Otto :gr:

some changes at last

when amanatidis is healthy again they'll be even stronger, but let's see what lybe can do in this friendly, if he doensn't impress then he should get axed like tavlaridis. it's now obvious that pap/gekas didn't cut it for otto and me neither.

i understand Paps and Gekas not in the lineup

they aren't good enough just build up by Greek hype

Liberopoulos and Spalgidis are good solid choices

don't really know wut Vryzas is still doing on the roster but i doubt he will see much time

i thought Tavralidis wasn't given enough time to show how good he really is

Dellas being out is understandable

i mean wut the hell has happenned to him

i thought he would be able to recover around this time from surgery

hopefully this is the spark we need to get us back on track

i understand Paps and Gekas not in the lineup

they aren't good enough just build up by Greek hype

Liberopoulos and Spalgidis are good solid choices

i understand you hate PAO and PAO players but thats garbage

Fanis Gkekas is class. Hes a goalscorer. Charisteas and Vryzas are good strikers but theyre not the guy that will just find the goals and a lot, Gkekas is that type of striker, fast and finisher----- Hes bareley gotten chances with the ethniki its not fair to judge by 1 or 2 games when the team was at its worst. If you saw him with Zaragoza (yes it was a friendly but that does not mean skills do not show or players do not try) he was very calm and put it away and could do a lot to help the attack. Hes fast and a finisher--- Papadopoulos is also a great player theres no hype there.

but i agree on droppin papa/amantidis for this game to give Lybe and Salpiggidis a go they deserve a shot too, esp lybe......anyways i hope they do well and are the answer

and maybe its good Pap and Gkekas werent called up now theyre gonna work even harder for PAO to get it back ;)

Guest Protathlitis

should drop Gekas, Vyntra

absolutley no reason to call up Moras given our wealth of central defenders!

does this mean that Chalkias is dropped??? hopefully it does

Gekas and Papodopolous should be in the line-up. Charisteas and Vryzas have been a shadow of the strikers they were at Euro. Zero goals in five matches is deplorable. We need to qualify for WC2006 if we want the world to acknowledge that the Euro 2004 victory was indeed no fluke.

Bringing Lymberopoulos back is the best news we have had in the NT for a long time. he is a player much in the same mold as Demis - I say this in terms of their passion and dedication more than their style of play. Lymbe will leave it all out on the field, something our current team has not really been doing. Also, he like demis, he can create his own goals, rather than just finish the perfect cross. Lymbe can also create for other players, something we are solely missing in a striker. I really hope he seizes this opportunity and gives the NT the spark it needs.

I hope Salpingides makes a good impression as well, but Pap, Geklas, and Amanitidis are all in the same league in terms of age, experience and ability. All could justifiably be a part of the team; all could justifiably not. In my humble opinion, Lymbe could really make the difference. We'll see in a week when we play Belgium.

I don't think this is such a great idea at this point because its simply too late. One friendly isn't enough playing time for Lybe or Salpiggidis just before 3 crucial must win qualifiers. A team needs time to gel, and the time is no longer there. Lybe has international experience behind him but its been 3 years since he's played w/ the NT. He should have thought about doing this around the beginning of the qualifiers, not at the end. There were moments in Germany during the Brazil game where they were really putting some good offensive plays together w/ Pap, Haristeas and Amanatidis up front. But, it was the confederations cup and I'm sure they all just wanted to be on vacation. I saw Brazil and Japan but I did not see the game w/ Mexico which was supposed to have been a very good game. So, if we played so well in that game whats the problem w/ that line up? There are only so many players he can choose from. Possibly Otto is doing this so he can get Lybe and Salp ready if he needs them for the last 20 minutes or so during the qualifiers. This is very curious and unexpected. What time is the game on the east coast of the US?

Archived