Phantis Forums

Les Bleus

thanh

Hello all,

I’m new to this forum, and I’m somewhat a fan of Les Bleus. I’ve lived in the U.S. most of my life, so I don’t get much news regarding France’s national team or soccer for that matter. A few months ago I logged on to ESPN.COM to check on France’s progress in qualifying for WC2006 but only to find them placed 4th in their group. Obviously I was stunned. I could not believe that they were behind teams like Switzerland and Israel. I went on to check their team roster which surprised me even more with names I could not recognize. I can see that Thuram, Zidane and Makelele had retired but now are coming out with their retirement, but I wonder what the heck happened to Pires, Viera, Henry, and Trezeguet?? Why are they left out of Les Bleus? And are they coming back soon?

I see. Thanks, North-Westerner! Is there any chance he’ll get called back soon? I know now that Trezeguet is suspended and will be back after a few more games, but what about the other players? Still, no one knows what happened to Vieira and Henry?

Is there any chance he’ll get called back soon?

not as long as domenech is in charge and pires is already 32 years old.

Viera and Henry have always been there but have not played in all the games

just read zidane had a mysterious visitor come to him at 3 in the morning to convince him to come out of retirement :LOL:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived