Phantis Forums

Man City vs. Olympiakos

Hammarby

Guest Protathlitis

I hear Toure showed some very good signs

how was patsa? I wanna see some highlights, seeing him again play will be great

Drakos13,

I believe it is Spanish side, but not sure if they are in the Primera division or second division. I know its something like that but don't know if i am saying it right. Just checked balla.gr. Its Hereth, and least if you pronounce it in Greek.

ah ok 2nd division Xerez ......

patsa played for 20 minutes i think but he still needs more time.he looked good but he was afraid to put his feet in contres.if he gets more playing time he could be great help for osfp.

What can be said about the friendly match? It was a classic tale of 2 halves.

1st Half we dominated. We looked like true champions. I was impressed. The 2/5th full stadium was very quite as we showed why we are reigning Greek champions.

The wide players of Georgatos and Djordjevic were running up and down the wings.

Toure was pulling the strings in the middle.

The midfield was totally won by us.

The defence (for the most part) rarely looked troubled and Nikopolidi was even making contact with crosses when he was coming off his line.

Konstantinou made a great diving header that troubled James. He also did what all the true world class strikers do and got himself in an excellent position from a Toure through ball. However he went for placement rather than power and curled it wide.

In the 2nd half however, we exposed our achilles heel. Our defence was poor.

Why do the people in charge persist with Anatolakis? He makes too many mistakes and he isn’t calm on the ball. Why wasn’t Schurrer playing? We desperately need a central defender. A player like Dellas would be perfect.

Konstantinou touched the ball maybe 3 times in the second period and did nothing with it. Kafes didn’t stop running but made no impact all match.

Patsatsoglou got on the pitch, and though he wasn't spectacular at least he is getting game time.

What was up with the Kinezo Sun ji Hi? He seemed like he wanted butcher Kypreoi. Some of his tackles and challenges on Okkas and Michali were a bit rough.

Some truths:

Yes it was a friendly.

Yes we were missing players.

Yes they were more prepared.

Yes we were playing away from home.

Yes the manager is still figuring out combinations.

These excuses are all true, yet at the end of the day they are just excuses. AEK went to England on the same day and played arguably a better team in Charlton and from most reports they played the opposition off the park.

We still need at least 2 regular players. The rumours have done nothing but destabilise the fans this season. I can just imagine what it’s doing to the team.

Also Thrylos has to change its mindset when playing outside of Greece. Friendly or not.

We will just have to wait and see till the “serious” domestic and Euro games start.

Archived