Phantis Forums

WCq: Kazakhstan - GREECE

Ziaka

The thing with the young players like tavlaridis and Gekas is they lack experience, when tavlaridis played he looked very nervous and nervous players make mistakes. At the moment many people have seen youth as a solution to the recent dip in form. I think the team is just a little worn out, many players had a busy year traveling and ajusting to new teams and countries. I'm sure otto is now looking to guys who have some composure and that still have energy to burn. Stoltidis and Antzas should be the next players I'd hope to see called-up.

the reason why I think the teams that Dellas wants (big teams) are hesitating on picking him up is because of injuries.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes but kapsis, kiriakos, basinas, nikopolidis also made many mistakes...

plus tavlaridis is young but he is not that young. in greece and for otto especially everyone under 30 is young, which is ridiculous. hes the only player apart from stelios who is in regular action in a top league.

you are right about the worn ou part. they have played too many games.

antzas and stoltidis when? stoltidis is 30 years old. will he start his international career with 32??if we don t replace "without a club and in bad form" basinas with stoltidis now, we never will.

i think you shouldn t underate kafes. he is wasted as a defensive midfielder were otto and dusko had him. in an offensive role he made great games for paok. could be the sleeper of our team...

I don't understand why so many people still even have Charisteas on their starting 11. The guy hasn't scored, much less set up a goal in the past how many matches?

I understand his position at Ajax; he should have been scoring in pretty much every other game in order to get any playing time; the Dutch league is pretty anal that way. But he's got ZERO creativity, and if the only reason we've got him on is as a striker/finisher, we're doomed.

At least with Themistoklis, we had a striker that could shoot, pass, dribble, draw fouls, and create space. Charisteas is the Cha-Du-Ri of Greek soccer.

As for Lymberopoulos, I don't see that Otto has much choice but to give him a second-half start. He couldn't do much worse.

I'm really pissed off at Otto; he's been sticking to the same strategy since last year, and though it yielded results then (add a little bit of luck to that mix), if it hasn't been working for the past six games, what's to think it'll work now? Is the absence of Dellas and the repositioning of Stelios and Basinas really screwing up the team that much?

I don't understand why so many people still even have Charisteas on their starting 11. The guy hasn't scored, much less set up a goal in the past how many matches?

I understand his position at Ajax; he should have been scoring in pretty much every other game in order to get any playing time; the Dutch league is pretty anal that way. But he's got ZERO creativity, and if the only reason we've got him on is as a striker/finisher, we're doomed.

At least with Themistoklis, we had a striker that could shoot, pass, dribble, draw fouls, and create space. Charisteas is the Cha-Du-Ri of Greek soccer.

As for Lymberopoulos, I don't see that Otto has much choice but to give him a second-half start. He couldn't do much worse.

I'm really pissed off at Otto; he's been sticking to the same strategy since last year, and though it yielded results then (add a little bit of luck to that mix), if it hasn't been working for the past six games, what's to think it'll work now? Is the absence of Dellas and the repositioning of Stelios and Basinas really screwing up the team that much?

JohnnytheGreek,

I was thinking like you were but Otto is starting to see that the "11" that won the Euro arent' getting the job done.

What I'm thinking as far as his stratagy is..... Is that he's going to easy into it. Meaning that he's going to be bringing in player into the NT slowly. Plus he's a HUGE fan of players playing abroad, and as you and I know... there's not that many players abroad of good quality.

It's going to take some-time and we as Greeks need to be patient with his decisions. For the moment we have to hope for the best agaisnts the Kazakstanians and get maximim points from this game.

Our lineup this weekend will score and will win the game.... :tup: :gr:

To King Otto

He has stuck with the same guys since Euro. The differecnce with Euro is that Greece was nobody and none of the teams were able to adjust to the ir defending and counter attacking. Since then, everyone has adjusted. No speed up front with Vryzas and charisteas. They need someone who can run at these defences (Salpigiddis, :tup: but he has no experience at that level). Dellas missing for all these games was crucial. I think King Otto should have played with some different lineups at Confederations Cup. Greece have looked tired everygame and look like they have no steam, and Otto doen not khelp them out with any changes!! We will wait and see, I guess

so the game will start 9am in NYC

at least thats before my classes in school start

lets beat Kaz

not for me it looks like i'll have to skip some classes to catch the game but it's only the 1st week out of 13 weeks of class so i don't give a s hit :tup:

my final thoughts about the selection is that gekas should get axed for amanatidis and the other change i would have wanted was to see was tav to replace anatolakis cos he's playing regular football in a more competitive league despite a recent bust up w/ the coach

Alright with Turkey drawing 2-2 with Denmark, this leaves Greece with its future (wc2006) in there own hands..... They Must and i mean Must win all 3 games, including Denmark because we r the European champs, and we better start acting like it with the first game against Kazakhstan....

i expect a minimum of 2-0 for Greece as i belive they will be pumped up for a good result.... Reason why i chose 2-0 was because im being realistic with our late dramas of not scoring....

Ellas!!!!

so the game will start 9am in NYC

at least thats before my classes in school start

lets beat Kaz

not for me it looks like i'll have to skip some classes to catch the game but it's only the 1st week out of 13 weeks of class so i don't give a s hit :tup:

my final thoughts about the selection is that gekas should get axed for amanatidis and the other change i would have wanted was to see was tav to replace anatolakis cos he's playing regular football in a more competitive league despite a recent bust up w/ the coach

for me its kinda perfect

i got class at 12:20 that day at St. John's which is only 5 mins from Oasis

lol

King Otto was in Turkey today scouting Denmark

he said that a bit of pressure has been lifted but we need to win no doubt about it

who would have every thought since Euro 2004

that our biggest game to date is v Kaz

we don't win we our done period

so lets win

Archived