Phantis Forums

WCq: Kazakhstan - GREECE

Ziaka

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We certainly haven't been scoring enough goals; a lot of criticisms on this but remember we DID score against Turkey in the 1st match and Ukraine in the second. Legitimate goals that were taken away by some idiot ref. You can't blame the team for that!

any win will do!

but for the teams sake i hope for a 5-0 confidence booster with harrysteas getting a hattrick :nw: :nw:

listen lets just pray we score a goal or two and more importantly win

just winning will revive our ethinki

we were never the type of team that can rack up a bunch of goals

so wut makes u think we will v Kaz after being on a current goaless drought in 6 games and hopefully ending v Kaz

The foreign based players called up for the Kazakhstan game have been announced by Otto. They are

Takis Fyssas (Heart of Midlothian)

Zisis Vryzas (Celta Vigo)

Giourgas Seitaridis (Dinamo Moscow)

Giorgos Karagounis (Internazzionale Milan)

Aggelos Charisteas (Ajax Amsterdam)

Stelios Giannakopoulos (Bolton Wanderers)

where is amanatidis or zikos?

we are going nowere with the same old shiit!

when otto leave we will have no youngster at international level thanks to him <_<

the only international football the youngsters are getting is if they play for pao-aek-paok or oly in the european cups

Zikos is not in Otto's plans since Zikos himself does not want to be part of the NT. As for Amanatidis, it looks like he was not impressed by him in the Confed Cup and is probably going to give few chances to Lyberopoulos and Salpiggidis instead.

now it looks like Dellas will not play either, then i would expect to see a line-up like this, a 3-5-2, w/ kats as libero:

------------------Nikopolidis

Kapsis------------kats-----------soto/goumas

giourkas-----zagorakis----------fyssas

---------kara------------stelios

-----charisteas---------vryzas

i'm really dissapointed amanatidis is not there and he's recovered from his injury now so i suspect the same reason given by ziaka for him not getting a call-up and the zikos story has been mentioned already hundreds of times and one more thing

Zisis Vryzas (Celta Vigo)

:nono: Fiorentina

For the Kazak lineup, I saw eariler squad listings for the eariler qualifiers, and the entire team either plays in the Kazak league or on mid-table teams in the Russian Premier League.

We shouldn't have a problerm beating this team. We just need to get our act together and fix our scoring problems.

My prediction: 2-0 Greece. Katsouranis and Charisteas scoring the goals.

Your thoughts...???

I wouldnt be surprised if Greece lost or tied to Kaz. Its being set up where everybody is expecting the Euro Champs to win in Kaz. It has an eerie similarity to the Albania game last year.

does anyone have some newer type of media proof that talks of a problem between otto and ziko?

perhaps otto may recall zikos for the last 2 qualifying matches (denmark, georgia) and the possible 2 play-off matches, while this time around, basinas may be the odd man out in germany 2006- much like zikos was the odd man out in portugal 2004...since otto hates to disturb the continuity of his side.

otto used zikos in his first match against finland. then i believe zikos got injured and wasn t considered by otto anymore because otto had found his core players.

zikos got mad because he played very well in france, reached the champions league final and never got a callup. he was simply tired to wait. i think that otto once said zikos didn t want to be on the team. seems to be a big misunderstanding but given that otto is very stubborn and doesn t speak any greek, english whatsoever communication is hard. i think he holds zikos impatience against him now. anyway i regret to say but i dont see zikos returning any time soon. basinas can amputate his foot and he will still play in the endekada before zikos.

if he really plans a zikos return, he should get him accustomed with the team now when they play kasachstan. if greece play in denmark there can be no experiments. otherwise we will lose 4-0 like against the netherlands. since zikos was not called up, otto plans without him.

its ridiculous we cant use the crucial matches for out of form basinas to get games in his feet. same goes for kiriakos. dellas is 100% out against kasachstan. he hasn t fully recovered. i dont know about goumas. still otto didn t seem to need tavlaridis. the only greek defender with games in his feet... :*&%:

please tell me tavlaridis is injured otherwise i dont understand it...

the game with kazachstan is difficult because kazachstan had decent results at home and we can only lose in this match.

zikos was full of himself, that's why he is out in the cold. Otto doesn't want player who think they are above the team. Lesson is don't leave on bad terms.

Besides Zikos has no place on our team, his attititude doesn't even belong on the bench. Although I do agree we need more depth in the midfield, but I'm sure Otto would just look to players like Stoltidis.

Players for Kazakhstan game were announced by Otto. Biggest suprise is that Anatolakis makes the squad after six years.

Here are the players called:

Zagorakis, Salpiggidis (PAOK), Nikopolidis, Kapsis, Kafes, Anatolakis (Olympiakos), Sifakis (OFI), Katsouranis, Lyberopoulos (AEK), Vyntra, Basinas, Papadopoulos, Gekas (Panathinaikos), Fyssas (Hearts of Midlothian), Giannakopoulos (Bolton Wanderers), Vryzas (AC Fiorentina), Haristeas (Ajax Amsterdam), Seitaridis (Dinamo Moscow), Karagounis (Inter Milan), Kyrgiakos

I'm surprised he called up anatolakis. But I'm really surprised that Antzas hasn't been called-up, he was great for the NT before euro and he scored on the weekend leadin xanthi to a win. He was the first player in my mind to replace Dellas and I still don't know why Otto hasn't given him a call.

the only problem I have with the call-ups are Basinas and Kyriagkos. Both of these players have no team and have not been training. Both of them have cost us careless goals in the past and I can only hope that Rehagel keeps them on the bench. I believe we should wait for them to have a team and let them get back into training before calling them up.

it seems that alexopoulos didn't impress otto enough vs. belgium so instead he calls anatolakis and see what he can do but i think he should have sticked w/ tav and not experiment w/ new defenders at this point.

basinas and soto should get the boot until they find other teams

gekas is not national team material

anyway i hope otto knows what he's doing

The game starts so early because of the time difference between Greece and Kazakhstan. It will be at 8 am locally here in Chicago, so it looks like I'll be watching the at Chasers with a cup of coffee instead of a bottle of Heineken.

AEK66 mentions Antzas. I think if he has few good games for Xanthi he will be called back by Otto. Last season when he joined Xanthi he was often injured. I also think that Alexopoulos had a decent game with Belgium, and I am suprised he went with Anatolakis instead.

Archived