Phantis Forums

UEFA Contradiction

If Liverpool win the CL, then what should happen?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. If Liverpool win the CL, then what should happen?

• Everton goes to CL
    • Liverpool goes to CL
    • UEFA should award 5 places to England

This happened in Spain once and the spanish decided to award the place to the CL holders, and send fourth place to UEFA Cup. Its amazing how UEFA have done nothing about it since then. Underdogs have been winning alot of competitions and it was enevitable something like this would happen. The FA has made a huge fuss and no-one knows where the place will go.

I read in the newspaper a good suggestion... If liverpool win the comp, then next year should play the champions of a really small country (Azerbaijan, Wales) and take their place in the first round of qualifying if they win, thus giving Liverpool the chance to qualify. The small team would also benefit from gate receipts and advertisement, which seems the most logical answer to the problem.

i voted for everton to go through to the CL, b/c it would be nice to see them have a go in the top flight of europe. however, on the issue, i think that if liverpool were to win the CL, and not finish in the top 4, then they should be aloowed to play in the CL, as they won it. then i believe, that everton should be able to go through the qualifiers and still have a chance, but it would be unlucky for them, but thats how life is i suppose.

The F.A recently reached a conclusion:

The 4th placed team WILL be eligible to qualify for the 05-06 CL, but should Liverpool win this season's CL, they will NOT be eligible to play in the 05-06 CL.

Good news for Everton supporters like me :tup:

So here are the rules officially:

1.03 At the request of the national association concerned, the UEFA Champions

League title-holders may be entered for this competition, as an additional

representative of that association, if they have not qualified for the UEFA

Champions League via the top domestic league championship. If, in such a

case, the title-holders come from an association entitled to enter four teams

for the UEFA Champions League, the fourth-placed club in the top domestic

league championship has to be entered for the UEFA Cup.

well there it is... but this rule was here b4, so why is everyone making such a big fuss over it in england, if Liverpool win, they knock Everton out, PURE AND SIMPLE

I don't think you read euphoria's post above.

why should Everton's hard work over the season to get 4th place and a champions league spot be taken away and especially when everyone expected them to be relegated this year. alot of things happen during the summer break and maybe Liverpool won't come back as strong next year like Porto last year

why should Everton's hard work over the season to get 4th place and a champions league spot be taken away and especially when everyone expected them to be relegated this year

Your right, why should everton suffer at the hands of thier rivals. BUT then again, why should the champions not have the chance to defend there crown. So the logical answer will be to award england 5 places, BUT why should a team from another country suffer if they finish in a cl place. Theres no answer to this dilemma, so i think uefa and the fa would rather see liverpool tople in the final.

There was one idea i read where the two should play a merseyside play-off for the last cl place. I think thats pretty stupid.

There was one idea i read where the two should play a merseyside play-off for the last cl  place. I think thats pretty stupid.

i think it's a good idea. they play a home and away leg. although it would be hard to schedule with world cup qualifiers coming up but there are no problems about travelling at least.

• 5 weeks later...

This is really annoying cos i dont think england deserve 5, and britain 9 or however many they have. UEFA was totally bullied by the media and 'G-14', ooooh... scary, what they gonna do? do kick ups around us???

So the rules are liverpool will be starting in the Q 1 and as the worst coefficiency team, so PAO could meet them in Q 3. Also they will be there own little island, they can meet any english teams whenever.

there are rumours Liverpool will be unseeded in de qual. rounds :ph34r:

this means that for the seeded team in the 1st or 2nd qual (eg anderlecht) round that draws Liverpool, Europe is over :angry:

Uefa Maffia :tdown:

there are rumours Liverpool will be unseeded in de qual. rounds :ph34r:

this means that for the seeded team in the 1st or 2nd qual (eg anderlecht) round that draws Liverpool, Europe is over :angry:

Uefa Maffia :tdown:

I think UEFA done it like this, not so the champions can knock out good teams, but so good teams can knock out the champions, UEFA dont want 5 teams from the same country.

A team is losing a place because of liverpool, it could be pao in Q3....???

Archived