Phantis Forums

FIFA Club World Championships

TEAM lists for the FIFA Club World Championships - Australian Qualifying Tournaments which starts this weekend:

ADELAIDE UNITED

1 Daniel BELTRAME

2 Richie ALAGICH

3 Kristian REES

4 Angelo COSTANZO

5 Michael VALKANIS

6 Ross ALOISI

7 Lucas PANTELIS

8 Carl VEART

9 Matthew KEMP

10 Aurelio VIDMAR

11 Louis BRAIN

12 Chad BUGEJA

15 Michael MATRICCIANI

17 Adam van DOMMELE

18 Shengqing QU

19 Robert CORNTHWAITE

20 Robert BAJIC

22 Aaron GOULDING

23 Travis DODD

CENTRAL COAST MARINERS

1 John CRAWLEY

2 Wayne OSULLIVAN

3 Paul OGRADY

4 Noel SPENCER

5 Michael BEAUCHAMP

6 Andre GUMPRECHT

7 John HUTCHINSON

9 Nick MRDJA

10 Tom PONDELJAK

11 Damien BROWN

12 Stewart PETRIE

13 Russel WOODRUFFE

15 Andrew CLARK

16 Nigel BOOGAARD

17 Matthew OSMAN

18 Alex WILKINSON

19 Adam KWASNIK

20 Danny VUKOVIC

23 Dean HEFFERNAN

MELBOUNRE VICTORY

1 Michael THEOKLITOS

2 Spase DILEVSKI

4 Mark BYRNES

5 Matthew SPIRANOVIC

6 Steve PANTELIDIS

9 Daniel ALLSOPP

10 Daniel VISEVIC

11 Vince LIA

13 Kristian SARKIES

14 Leigh BROXHAM

15 Adrian LEIJER

16 Simon STOREY

18 Chris TADROSSE

19 Ricky DIACO

20 Peter GAVALAS

NEWCASTLE UNITED JETS

1 Liam REDDY

2 Steve EAGLETON

3 Jade NORTH

4 Craig DEANS

5 Ned ZELIC

6 Andrew DURANTE

7 Richard JOHNSON

8 Matthew THOMPSON

9 Ante MILICIC

10 Nick CARLE

11 Guy BATES

12 Paul KOHLER

14 Jobe WHEELHOUSE

15 Stuart MUSIALIK

16 Labinot HALITI

17 Franco PARISI

18 Brett STUDMAN

19 Mark BRIDGE

PERTH GLORY

2 Matt HORSLEY

3 David TARKA

4 Simon COLOSIMO

5 Jamie HARNWELL

6 Steve McMAHON Jnr

7 Scott MILLER

8 Nick WARD

9 Stuart YOUNG

10 Bobby DESPOTOVSKI

11 Daniel VASILEVSKI

12 Hiroyuki ISHIDA

13 Ante KOVACEVIC

14 Jamie COYNE

15 Billy CELESKI

16 Neil TEGGART

18 Henry FAARODO

19 Naum SEKULOVSKI

20 Milan JOVANIC

QUEENSLAND ROAR

1 Tom WILLIS

2 Karl DODD

3 Remo BUESS

4 Chad GIBSON

5 Josh MCCLOUGHAN

6 Todd GAVA

7 Tae-Yong SHIN

8 Massimo MURDOCCA

9 Michael BAIRD

10 Royce BROWNLIE

11 Jonti RICHTER

12 Jordan SIMPSON

13 Tyler SIMPSON

14 Ben GRIFFIN

15 Matt McKAY

16 Hyuk-Su SEO

17 Reece TOLLENAERE

18 Warren MOON

20 Scott HIGGINS

SYDNEY FC

1 Clint BOLTON

2 Iain FYFE

3 Alvin CECCOLI

4 Mark RUDAN

5 Steve LAURIE

6 Ufuk TALAY

7 Robbie MIDDLEBY

8 Matthew BINGLEY

9 David ZDRILIC

10 Steve CORICA

11 Sasho PETROVSKI

12 David CARNEY

13 Alejandro SALAZAR

14 Andrew PACKER

15 Terry McFLYNN

16 Mark MILLIGAN

17 Jacob TIMPANO

18 Wade OOSTENDORP

20 Justin PASFIELD

Note - All teams are subject to change.

DRAW:

Round 1

Match 1 - Sydney FC v Queensland Roar at Central Coast Stadium, Sat 7 May, 3.45pm

Match 2 - Central Coast Mariners v Newcastle Jets at Central Coast Stadium, Sat 7 May, 7.30pm

Match 3 - Adelaide United v Melbourne Victory at Hindmarsh Stadium, Sat 7 May, 7.30pm

Semi Finals

Semi Final 1 - Perth Glory v winner match 1 at Members Equity Stadium, Wed 11 May, 7.30pm

Semi Final 2 - Winner match 2 v winner match 3 at Central Coast Stadium, Wed 11 May, 7.30pm

Final

Final - Winner semi final 1 v winner semi final 2 at Hindmarsh Stadium, Sun 15 May, 3pm

Im going to go for Newcastle Jets as its the only team owned by a Greek: Con Constantine.

The whole team is the old Sydney Olympic from 2002 with a couple of newbies. I heard Constantine wants to make it more of a Greek team hopefully buying some of Melbournes players and Greeks from Greece:gr:

My top 2 teams Will be Newcastle Jets and Sydney FC B)

All I know is any one of these teams is probably going to get demolished in the world championships. Though if there is a Greek-Aussie team representing, I'll support them till the end as my other fav teams (PAO and DC United) have both been eliminated from contention :( :gr: :gr: .

All I know is any one of these teams is probably going to get demolished in the world championships. Though if there is a Greek-Aussie team representing, I'll support them till the end as my other fav teams (PAO and DC United) have both been eliminated from contention :( :gr: :gr: .

My friend broke his leg again last nite :(

first it happened 2 years ago

Now last nite - i feel really sorry for him

Also the Jets are out on Penalties :tdown:

Sydney's in for sure......

Melb Victory got knocked out by penalties as the game ended in 0 - 0 :tdown:

Newcastle had the unluckiest nite with my mate breaking his league, Zelic getting injured, hitting the post about 5 times and then losing in penalties as the game ended 0 - 0 :tdown:

Sydney won 3 - 0 B)

Durante slams broken leg tackle

By Ray Gatt

May 9, 2005

SHATTERED Newcastle Jets defender Andrew Durante says he is finding it hard to forgive the player involved in a tackle that has left him with a broken leg for the second time in 20 months.

One of the most talented and well-liked players in Australian soccer, Durante yesterday was trying to come to grips with the setback.

The 23-year-old's world came tumbling down during a World Club Championship qualifying loss to Central Coast Mariners at ExpressAdvocate Stadium on Saturday night when his right leg buckled under the impact of striker Nick Mrdja's tackle in the 13th minute of extra-time.

It is the second time Durante has broken the leg in a tackle. Marconi's Brad Maloney was suspended for four matches after being sent off for a challenge on Durante, who was playing for Parramatta Power at the time, in an NSL match in October, 2003.

The then 21-year-old only days earlier had been selected in an Olyroos train-on squad, but the injury sidelined him for six months and ended his dreams of representing his country.

Mrdja was not sent off by referee Matthew Breeze on Saturday, but was instead issued with a yellow card.

"He collected me with both feet," said Durante, who struggled to keep his emotions in check when The Australian spoke to him at Gosford Hospital.

The youngster said he was finding it hard not to have any malice towards Mrdja.

"What I find hard is that he did not even apologise to me while I was on the ground or later," Durante said. "In fact, apart from a couple of Mariners players, no one from the club has been in touch with me to see how I am."

Despite the severity of the injury, Durante believes he can recover even quicker than last time.

"I think I'll be out for about four months," he said. "The good thing is I won't need any metal plates or screws.

"I know what is ahead of me in terms of physical and mental anguish and that is helping me a little. The fact that the start of the A-League is still three months away is also some consolation because, with some luck, I won't miss too much football."

Ahh well news isnt as bad as i thought although it still sux he made national youth team which now has set him back :tdown:

I reckon Sydney v Adelaide

with Sydney winning it :whistle:

yeah that sounds pretty good to me. i think that sydney will be a strong force in the A-league :box:
Sydney beat Perth last nite 2 - 1

and Central Coast beat Adelaide 4 - 0 :blink:

Interesting final i say :whistle:

Sydney beat Perth last nite 2 - 1

and Central Coast beat Adelaide 4 - 0 :blink:

Interesting final i say :whistle:

yeah i heard about that. an all sydney afair. i think that sydney will win and represent us at da world club champs...and prob fail.. :LOL:

Central Coast put 4 past adelaide! Wow

who plays for central coast? and were are they based?

well they are based in NSW and Nick Mrdja (i think his names nick) from Perth put a hat-trick. hes prob their best signing.
thats the C*nt that broke my mates leg

Cant wait till they get thrashed out of the final

Go Sydney :box:

thats the C*nt that broke my mates leg

Cant wait till they get thrashed out of the final

Go Sydney :box:

yeah, and im sorry about your mate, as i have said before. and yeah i think sydney might just win it, but the mariners are favourites to win.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Boyz. Couldnt help but notice this topic but did u guys know that english clubs are scouting at a-league teams

:D

really? thats the funniest thing ive heard today.

the a-league teams arent good at the moment. english clubs should do it in about 3 years time, when maybe, key word maybe, are stronger.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived