Phantis Forums

AC Milan-Liverpool

Manny

:o

What a shocking game. I can't believe how AC's defence just broke down like that. But give credit where it's due. Liverpool came out in the second half with something to prove. Well done scousers! :LOL:

Jerzy Dudek? Super penalty stopper? Where did this guy come out from? Holy #$%^!!

Unbeliveable game! :tup: :box:

I figured Liverpool was done after Crespo made it 2-0, but I don't see how Milan's defense could concede 3 goals in just 6 minutes :blink: :ph34r: <_< !

Dudek played the game of his life and made Shevchenko look like an idiot with the PK. The double save in extra time was also stunning :huh?: (Shevchenko got unlucky there). I definately think he'll (Dudek) be around next year with this preformance. As Lazarus said eariler, one for the history books...absolutely :D B) !

I don't see how UEFA could leave out Liverpool out of next year's CL. Everton has to just bite the bullet and take a UEFA Cup spot. Same thing should go with international soccer as well (Brazil in the WC and Greece for Euro 2008 :gr: :box: ). The host country should have to qualify just like everyone else...even if the home team dosen't qulaify, there should be enough intrest from the other teams involved to sell out every match.

One more thing, I'm also curious to see what OlympiakosUSA5, Drakos13, and Pappou have to say about AC Milan conceding 3 goals in 6 minutes. That and some downright awful penalty kick taking from Serginino and Shevchenko...

Just simply incredible...like they say it ain't over till it's over.

What a way to win it. Am not taking anything away from Milan since also they had a great run, but pop the champagne for Liverpool. Disciplined until the end.

Just amazing how Dudek glittered. Too funny with those aerobic moves during the penalty kicks. B)

can't say much except it was an amazing game.

i think the penalty on Liverpool's 3rd goal wasn't really a penalty but the ref called it because he missed Nesta's handball in the first half. you guys know what i'm talking about?

Dudek seemed to be off his line on one of the pk's but maybe no one noticed because he was flaping around so much :LOL: :LOL:

I am highly proud to say that the beautiful city of Istanbul and its wonderful Ataturk Olympic Stadium has just hosted the most magnificent final in Champions League History... There were only two people that really showed they should never be there. One of them is Liverpool left-back Djimi Traore who simply sucked entire 120 minutes. And the other was the horrendous referee Gonzalez Mejuto of Spain who made some unforgivable mistakes. Especially the very clear hand ball just before Milan's second goal from Alessio Nesta was the ONE. Garcia ---who was also quite disappointing--- ran savage inside and seemed to have taken it away from Nesta when # 13 of Rossoneri's hand ---deliberately--- caught and diverted the ball away from Garcia. The referee, only six or seven meters away from the incident with noone blocking his path, simply did not or did not want to see it! The ball was cleared and ---Gasp!--- there goes Crespo celebrating Milan's second goal!

And also we rigthfully saw what HOLY JUSTICE meant last night when Liverpool broke presumably every Turkish heart (except that of mine and my dad's) just in six minutes!

And the unbelievable save on 118 minutes by Dudek, first blocking a Sheva shot and than impossibly diverting a two-yarder, was the incident that gave Merseysiders the edge in the pens. It was a psychological boost for all Liverpool players and a demoralization for all Milan staff.

Anyway, that was a great game and I am jolly that Milan did not win the competition. They barely deserved to come to Istanbul ---it was PSV that deserved to be there--- and they got what they deserved (in fact more than that) but I'm ecstatic at the Merseysiders' win!

Best match of the season? Liverpool - OSPF was very good, but this time liverpool needed three goals against a GOOD side. AC Milan did not deserve the Cup, whereas the underdogs did and they deserved it magnificently.

Dudeks showed us all how to defend a penalty, quality, very funny.

Bro are you kidding me..Liver-OSFP? B)

For whatever reason it was just incredible to see AC Milan crash and burn like that. They proved as they did with PSV, how vulnerable they were. And for Liverpool you weren't sure what to expect from them but after halfime they had nothing to lose. Each team only played 1 half of the match so for me it was a toss up.

For sure Dudek's stops were amazing and his aerobic moves distracted the penalty kickers but I think he should have been faulted and 2 penalties re-taken for moving up quite a significant distance from his goal line. The rules do exist.

It boggled my mind Gonzalez the ref didn't whistle Dudek down unless Gonza was dreaming about his chicana. I think if there were other refs they would have judged a re-take.

Awesome looking stadium. A well-organized event.

Another example why football SUCKS!!! After the ATALANTOUS of Tasso Panto, Kostoula and Taralidi winning a DOUBLE, now we get the other ATALANTOUS (Dudek, Hypia, Carracher, Baros and the rest of the Katsikia) winning the CL!!! :o

Milan played a football from other planet in the first half.. But then (and I have no explanation) God wanted to GIFT the aballous of a title!!!

You can't honestly say that Milan played bad in the second half or Liverpool played well... Within 6 minutes Liverpool made 3 chances and scored 3 goals!!! Apart from that theyr were crap!!! Milan also missed some great chances even in the second half with Crespo and Shevchenco...

However when I saw Shevcenko missing that chance in the 118th minute I suddently realised that it was all over for Milan!!! It was simple GODs wish to give the trophy to the Aballous!!! Milan didn't even have to go to penalties they could simply walk off the pitch!!! After all, the penalties favour always the weaker teams!!!

Anyway just to summurise then we saw Dudek doing the Karagiozi (similar to the other Karagiozi Grobelaar) under the goalpoasts and saving two penalties!!! We are talking probably of the WORST keeper in the history of football gents!! Throughout the match he was unstable, inconsistent and every time he was coming out to get a cross he was kaching Bekatses!!! But finally he walked away with the CL!!!!!

Unfortunately this is life and this is football!!! After that I will start watching Cricket!!! At least there, the better team wins (the west Indies over England...) :P

How convenient!

When Italian teams play crap - make a chance - score - and take the points ...

for you its class - layed back winning attitude of superteams with a higher footballing mentality

When a team you dislike does it (by the way what Liverpool did is exactly what many accuse Greece of Doing in the Euro... ) then its luck, the bad side of football and all the colorfull and grandiloquent phrases you used...

My friend the issue is simple.

Football is a game played by men. Not hairstyling gel wearing, armani dressed, supermodel girlfriend individuals who are talented but think the team shirt will win it for them...

As long as people like you fail to grasp this, "smaller" clubs or NTs will always have a fighting chance for the top...

On the player worth issue...I must replay the Fabio Canavaro Video getting Injected and Zidane admitting they Drugged them at Juventus but its not worth the time spent at the effort...

You are unable to change your views... :whistle:

Did you see the match my friend Pontkakie?

Liverpool DID NOT even defend.... They did not sit back, their style of play had nothing to do with the typical Italian-Greece NT-PAO defensive style of play...

They were simply a GIOUROUSSI running around like headless chickens!! They did not defend or counterattacked or attacked for that matter... One cross, one goal, one shot, dida's mistake second goal, one penalty third goal... No passing, no build up of play, nothing!!!

Now where did you see the Italian defensive kind of play with Liverpool is another story... But I agree, it was Milan's fault!! They should have scored 7 in the half time, just to see what you and your alitaki-Sotirakopoulos would have said... They absolutely broke our balls with the "Liverpool fans", "You will never walk alone" crap, and the mentality of the fans!!! I had to listen to these aballous speakers who haven't got a clue about football for 3 hours... Sotirakopoulos even saw a penalty on Nesta (handball) which wassn't even CATCHED by the camera!!! Now with some magical way (probably similar to Bides's magic satellite) Sotirakopoulos managed to see the handball of Nesta!!!

OYST ATALANTOI - ABALLOI - XYLOKOPOI!!!!! :box:

How convenient!

When Italian teams play crap - make a chance - score - and take the points ...

for you its class - layed back winning attitude of superteams with a higher footballing mentality

When a team you dislike does it (by the way what Liverpool did is exactly what many accuse Greece of Doing in the Euro... ) then its luck, the bad side of football and all the colorfull and grandiloquent phrases you used...

I am totally amazed at this Italian favour in this forum. MOUSE, you're perhaps the one and only man I have seen in my side. Also nice to see someone other than me to share same ideas.

pappou is 100% right

i dont recall liverpool playing football for more than 5 minutes that entire game

the first half was the best football way above world class

the second half was a break down and also crap from referee

the offside flag WAS UP seconds before the 2nd goal, but the game continued? being cleared to the opposite wing then sent in to smitser....

steven gerrard is a little pussy and that was a dive of a penalty. im tired of his whining how the hell is he a captain?

i dont know why they chose such a nobody/controversial idiot to referree this game i saw him ref before with liverpool - frinos and it was among the worst refereed matches i had ever saw in european play.

anyways after that 5 mins.......was liverpool even there??? they didnt do a damn thing! overtime??? they did not get more than 2 passes!! milan was all over them! and after the worlds greatest striker misses a chance like that you KNOW it was by the will of God that Milan do not win this game. you could tell the entire match!

also unrelated to the game it was pretty bad hosting---no offense turks but the champions league final is NOT that big a deal to host.....it doesnt need a stupid ceremony or to have the turkish flag spread over the cup or any garbage like that i have never seen anything like that before....its not the world cup or olympics its 90-120 mins of a match.

I agree with you about the second goal liverpool scored but if gerrard didnt dive he would have scored, milan should of had a player sent off then. You say Liverpool didnt turn up after those goals, nor did Milan, other than the double save at the end of extra time, Milan didnt do nothing either. Milan had about 7 shots to Liverpools 5, there wasnt a big difference.

Im glad they lost cos Milan DID NOT deserve to win it.

Archived