Phantis Forums

what should OSFP do to get better?

piok_opze

iam new to this forum, but iam a big fan of Rivaldo, and hence also of olympiakos.

i think olympikaos needs to do something serious to get better...OSFP is a gr8 club and after following them for some time, i have learned that they have a gr8 history too. but, we got to get more name in the world football circuit!

We r doing gr8 in the greek league, but that is not what matters the most. we need to do well in the CL. thats how we get better name AND better players.

we missed out on the qualification to the CL knockout by a whisker, but the way we lost to liverpool was miserable. It shows our weakness when compared to world class teams. now we HAVE to do well in the UEFA. we have to m ake name for ourselves in europe.

we surely need to get a better strike force up front. Rivaldo is getting old, but he can play for 2 more years. he does his best when he is played in the "hole" behind the strkers, and not on the flanks. and along with that, we should have strikers who can take the chances created by his passing. i feel okkas and castillio are good, but they need more playing time. it would be a perfect combination of skill, technique and speed if ribo, okkas and castillio play 2gether up front.

but also, we need to sign another striker. its because we need options up front. some one who is quick and able to take the chances. mayb 2 or 3 quick midfielders too. u cant have too many players above 30 and slow in the team at the same time. rivaldo is a bit old too, but he should be the 'playmaker', even though he is slow, because he is by far the best in the team when it comes to creating goal scoring chances. that is why we need others who can make up for his lack of pace.

we need not buy big name players like a deco or henry or shevchenko.....but we need to bring in some one who is just emerging and has potential and not yet spotted by the 'big' clubs.

what does everyone think??? i mayb wrong some where, iam new to greek football and olympiakos, but for the little time iam here, this is what i think...

I have written it several times in this forum and in the Brazilian xtratime forum

What Oly needs IMHO is a " pure bred 9" or in other wprds " an area animal" rematador as they say in Spanish

Okkas misses a lot, and Catillo is very young and is not very tall so he can not be a sole striker

There was one game that Rivaldo scored 2 goals which were like Raul's goals, from the aere but it is not his task, he is better now behunde the strikers, there were many unused excelent passes (to Okkas mainly)

So what will it be? a psycologist help to Okkas (missimg is a mental problem) Or a new striker, or better even, both

first and foremost some PLAYING time for castillo and okkas as piok_opze touched upon. if okkas fails to produce and continues his streak, we can always slide him in the midfield where i believe he has shown better traits.

yes, we still need a striker REGARDLESS of what happens, but we have even bigger problems as we are going to have a house cleaning this summer.

to the best of MY knowledge (anyone want to chime in?) : anatolakis,mavrogenidis,georgatos and giovannis' contracts all expire at the end of the season, we will be needing players to cover the majority of the field, well maybe not any DM's if armenian romik kacharyan proves worthy.

Olympiakos for starters need to at the end of the season get rid of Giovanni and Georgadis for starters

they are clearly past their time

Georgatos has looked pretty good as of late so i mean they can just keep him for bench and injury purposes

but Olympiakos will need to sign young players ready to play and players that need development

that is the key

good scouting is need period

Georgatos has looked pretty good as of late so i mean they can just keep him for bench and injury purposes

i'll agree with the grigori matter, he obviously still has some juice left and can contribute for a season or two more.

when it comes to the others, it's thank you for your services paides and good luck !

About Scouting Talents ,

Who do we have at the club that is capable of doing this....?

I think Mr Bajevic will make an awesome scout,

I dont think he is a quality coach, he is not a tactician.

I would pay him, to bring talents to the club, from serbia, croatia, cyprus and greece.

Him and Persias,

If i Remember correctly he was the guy that brought Castillo to the club, is this correct?

we definately have to get better scouts or at least do a better work concerning young players. i remember a guy playing for our youth team who left the club and signed somewhere in france because our management was too slow in making a contract with him.

if we want to play on the top level we have to do a better job with getting talents to the team.

Archived