Phantis Forums

AEK vs. PAO

The2ndMouse

Its all good, 2500 tickets is better than none like at Karaiskaki.

Should be an awesome game, cant wait to see another derby at OAKA again, Its been a while. I think it will be ful of incidents and an aggresive game. Prolly a red card

1-1 (Soares - Munch)

I dun see a winner though - still....

Isnt 13000 empty seats a bit too much? I know there will be a need to separate the fans etc and police do it for safety but 13000...sounds like AEK is getting bit hard done by here. Ahh well.....what else is new? lol

Ta leme tin Kyriaki AEKtzides

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i know, the rule is 5 % but i still think its s%$#!.

last year pao had 3000 fans in Nea Smyrni, and AEK had 8000....... now we have 2500 and 50.000 AEK? not the same proportion.

also 12000 seats are being closed off, i see nothing wrong with 4000 fans at least, theres definilty enough room. AEK would be the one to profit by selling those extra tickets and there would still be enough room for saftey of both fans.......

Are you just guessing or did you watch the AEK-Gays match? Because I saw two teams defending not just one.

Oloi oi dromoi odhgoun sto Dickens.

i was using the game as an example.. i could use most of aeks games as well..its the tactic in which santos likes to play..he likes to hold the game, keep it quiet and send bursts of attack to search for a goal or two and put the game away...against the big teams (ie olympiakos) there are ways to slow the tempo down..i never said in my post anyhting about defending...slowing the pace of a game down and defending are two seperate things...you should read the post first, and then not try to jump to conclusions...i am very aware of how football works, i am not attacking your team cause when i read anything that could be construde in any slightest way as attacking aek, all the aek fans jump to conclusions and burst(this happend alot with every team and every sort of fan)...i was simply commenting in how santos' tactics will effect the game..there is no doubt that he likes a slower paced match, especually vs the big teams...he will not fully defend, but he will try to slow the tempo down in many ways...(ie fouling, defensive possesion, deep midfield play) this is the way santos likes to play...he will not fully attack or defend pao cause he knows he wont win..he will try to get the job done and the only way thats possible for aek is to keep the tempo of the game slow...i hope the action is back to back and a derby to remeber, but i dont see it happening.. i hope i am wrong though...i oope aek come out with guns blazing so we can have a great action match...

if you wanna continue to talk tactics then i am all for it...i could go on for hours...

Point taken. To me if your not playing to win, your defending. Both teams played not to lose. There was no fury in the game that saw flows of attacks come one after the over.

I dont agree with your comment about slowing down the tempo. I beleive that is his style. Its not a ploy to slow the opposition, its how he plays be it Pao, OSFP or Ergotelis. He is a build-up coach....yes. Against OSFP I dont beleive he played like this....I beleive he wanted to sit on it and play more tsoukou tsoukou which was a disaster because they were not coming at us either.

We get a lot of 0-1's because of his style......your making out as if against big teams he plays a slower tempo but that is AEK week to week. It has the potential to be a real crap style if things go wrong (as they have this year) but if it clicks we do play attractive football.

o no...i definitly agree that he uses the style constantly..but he is much more cautious vs the big clubs and it definitly showed vs olympiakos...i definitly said how i can use many of aeks games as examples of this..its not just the game vs oly..that was the point i was trying to get across :D ...i believe aek will be very cautious against pao and it will make the tempo even slower then the what santos usually uses...at this stage, i believe this is the way aek should be playing.. i think santos is playing very smartly..now is not the time to break out big risks...the way he has been playing it has been very solid...now with injuries and more injuries and as the season progresses, it may catch up to him, but so far, what he has been doing is very right...it just doesnt set up for a great derby..thats all...i hope it turns into one though...both sets of players seem passionate about the match...i hope the game isnt slow paced but it may very well be...

For the Melbourne R-21 Boys, here is our anakoinwsh for the match:

Happy New Year ORIGINAL brothers.....

12 months ago we entered 2004 in financial ruin, 10+ points off the top spot, a coach who caused the biggest split in the history between our board, players and fans....fast-forward to January 2005 and we enter the new year with a total opposite outlook. We have a team of youngsters who are hungry and giving 100%, we have a fresh board standing above all others with their boldness and we have a united front for the first time in a number of years.

With all that, the best way to welcome the new year is with a massive derby against fierce rivals Panathinaikos. Its another chance for everyone here in Melbourne to get together and welcome the new year, hopefully cheering on our boys to another victory as we continue undefeated in the league.

Date: Monday 10th January (Sunday night/Monday morning)

Time: 4:30am

Place: Charles Dickens Tavern, 290 Collins St (Between Elizabeth and Swanston)

We hope to see everyone there making as much noise as possible. A few of the boys are going for pre-drinks during the evening before the game, if anyone is interested in coming along or has any general queries please dont hesitate to PM Con (ORIGINAL 21 Melbourne).

FORZA AEKARA OE OE OE

ORIGINAL 21 Melbourne

I may be mistaken but are you implying this style is good for our re-building phase? He did use it during his first stint at AEK.

yeah.. i do believe it is good for ure era now...santos didnt plan it that way, this is his tactic as a coach its just that it fits with aeks situation..demi and whomever assisted him in signing santos on are the smart ones...they knew his style would compliment their situation..if youd like me to explain using some tactics and reason i will...im just alittle short on time right now...

I believe that AEK will play real defensive like we did against OLY with long balls to Soares. Thats really our only game for now especially since our defense is suspect and we dont play any playmaker in the middle. If Moras plays I think it will be a benefit, but really he does not have much experience this year either. Kostenoglou scares the hell out of me. We will play not to lose in front of our fans. PAO I believe will attack hard right off the bat to score early. This would take the fans out of the game and weaken our momentum and self asteam. If PAO scores early then I think we lose and it might be ugly, but if we can get thru halftime and a few minutes into the second half without being scored on then we get away with the tie.

dava q i hope thats not what happens again. i dont want to watch the same crap i saw with osfp derby i want to see aek play some proper football go out to win and and hope for 1 counter attack to win the game.

its as if aek has forgotten the fact that they are new team that needs to rebuild to play some good mpala and get fans to come back. now looks like santos is hellbent on winning title at any cost so that means playing like pao 0-1 or 1-0 is enough for him.

well for me thats not. if i want to supprt a team that will play defensively and not entertaining for title i wil lfollow pao. i dont like that and aek always has been a team that entertains so i hope santos can continue this.

i dont see pao playing its style of game and imposing it on aek especially in OAKA, but aek just might come out with another osfp derby complex and complicate things. with that said, it'll be close but soares is the man thats going to shut the bastards out late.

pame re aekara, gama ta mounia.

dava q i hope thats not what happens again. i dont want to watch the same crap i saw with osfp derby i want to see aek play some proper football go out to win and and hope for 1 counter attack to win the game.

its as if aek has forgotten the fact that they are new team that needs to rebuild to play some good mpala and get fans to come back. now looks like santos is hellbent on winning title at any cost so that means playing like pao 0-1 or 1-0 is enough for him.

well for me thats not. if i want to supprt a team that will play defensively and not entertaining for title i wil lfollow pao. i dont like that and aek always has been a team that entertains so i hope santos can continue this.

its very difficult to play attractive ball AND rebuild. its usually one or the other. but honestly, with the tactics that we use. it really, is only one.

big game by all means

if AEK wants to remain a title contender this is the game they need to show that they are going to be in it till the end

Pao in the other hand need this game to stay in striking distance of Olympiakos

Pao will have their newest player anderson start and maybe charamblis its a couple of new players chemistry might not be their AEK needs to take advantage

Archived