Phantis Forums

OLY VS SOCHAUX

HOLLYWOOD

The first half-hour was very tough - we were playing against Olympiacos and their crowd. This atmosphere was too much for my players who were intimidated. I have only seen such fans in Saint-Etienne, Marseille and in our away match against Dortmund. It seemed as if the fans were practising voodoo to keep the ball away from their goal. We had four clear-cut chances to their one. Sochaux coach Guy Lacombe

it will be a different game without the home advantage.......but you did well in utilizing the 12th player...

just out of curiosity can somebody post the ticket prices to this game?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if i were Kokkali I would tell the fans not behave and not cause trouble on the road anymore

I think its starting to get to the players playing in front of an empty stadium without 33000 people.

Great win

If we somehow advance,, newcastle will have a hard time in our stadium

Listen lets beat this team Sochuax first but in the back of my head i do want Newcastle

but let's take care of business

Lets go Olympiakos#1

luckily the 2nd leg is already less than a week away, sochaux obviously can plant their feet well on the pitch, and know what they are in search of. this game will be VERY tricky, but as we always say, a good Olympiakos takes care of the prokrish in france too......

i beleive both teams will be up to 100% with their player returns (well aside from venetidis and georgiadis for us)

Drakos13: no idea, but Karaiskaki was NOT fully sold out either on thursday.

but on rivaldo i have to disagree with you. i didnt like him very much today. apart from the pass to okkas and the fouls he drew he played more for himself than for the team. there were some occasions where he could have made a deadly pass. especialy the scene where he made the psalidaki.

what do u want Rivaldo to do........u want him to never take a shot at target??

there were many cases today when he made superb passes. he had a stunning first half and if u thought he was playing for himself........well help urself.

u guys will never stop bitching him...........what ever he does, u will always go on like he didnt do this, he didnt do that............everyone who saw the match knew who was creating OLY play in the first half!!!

relax mate. that was my impression. he wasnt bad, but he also lost the ball a few times with bad passes. the one he gave okkas was amazing, no doubt about that. but to me he looked as if he wanted to make a statement on the field to show the coach is wrong. sure he can take shots on the goal but i just cant understand why he tried a paslidaki with three players guarding him outside the zone and two of our players waiting for the ball.

but lets not start a fight over that. like i said, this was my impression. if you disagree there is nothing to do about it.

i am not bitching about him every now and then, but what do you want to do if the media feed you with wrong information? i AM happy we have a player like him in the team, but if the stuff on the media is true, he should slowly start to understand, that whatever he does, he will NOT get back to be the player he was a few years ago and that he is NOT in charge for the team. rivaldo helped our team in getting the win in some crucial matches and he is a very important player for our team.

OKKAS OKKAS OKKAS !!! :-)

Well I always like this guy, especially when he scores goals like that !

To be fair on Rivaldo, he was crucial for our yesterday win, despite some mistakes and selfish moments (I was very upset from the "scissor" shot). I think we should see our weaknesses in the right context. Oly's under-performances are not the result of a single player's bad form. There is a lack of physical strength in our team and, just because of that, our offense is mostly depended on individual outbursts and long crosses, especially when we confront tight defense systems. Only when the opponent has relieved pressure, we are able to threaten him (usually with a single pass).

Am I wrong for expecting more of a team spirit in our play? Just watch our playmaking from the wings; everytime Geo or Maric was trying to move the ball offensively, no one was here to provide support. We rarely see some combination play in the middlefield in general (ie a turnover play, one-two etc).

Is it because we faced such a strong and fast returning defense? Is this only because of our recent defensive trends? No, I don't think so because we have shown similar attitude in domestic games against much inferior opponents. And the fact that we played almost with two defensive middlefielders doesn't mean much because modern football doesn't use static positions. So the only possible explanation left for me is the fear of exhaustion. Perhaps I'm wrong, I don't know.

The most encouraging outcome of the yesterday's match is the positive appearance of the our "new blood". That might encourage Bajevic to use more of them in the immediate future. I am sure he wants that but, without positive results, everyone is ready to fall upon him. So he is forced to use the old karavanes.

Btw, what difficult moments Georgatos lived on the left back! Zairi was able to make him dance at his own music. Sometimes he dribbled three of our players in a row! Finally we were lucky enough for confronting such an ineffective offence (and for having Nikopolidis :) )

Very nice win!

Kostoulas-Rivaldo-Okkas-goal!!!

Rivaldo has been instrumental in the most important goals for gauro this year.

He does not have to play great all the time, as long as he provides such "loukoumia"

The French had a lot of overconfidence before this game, and I hope gauros proves them wrong in the return game :tup:

I give osfp better chances than PAO because I still see Sevilla being the stronger opponent

Good luck to BOTH next Thursday. :)

PEACE

OKKAS OKKAS OKKAS !!!    :-)

Well I always like this guy, especially when he scores goals like that !

there isnt a player in the league that couldnt have put that away. that goal was all due to kostoulas and rivaldo...
You aren't fair to him. Yes, Kostoulas' tacklings were heroic and Ribo's pass a "loukoumi" indeed (this is one of the things we want from him) but the finishing was excellent. Very fast dribbling and a nice low shot, what else to left to want? Not the best goal of the decade but surely a superbly started AND nice finished one.

Now that I'm thinking of it, it was much better than the ksero shoot of Vintra. But then you might point to me the Gonzalez goal against Arse so let's not go to that direction :)

And to refute your argument that "there isnt a player in the league that couldnt have put that away", just remember Sochaux's lost chances and that one by Djole ;)

sidestepping? you think thats fancy? i do this move all the time its the simplest "move" in football.

player is breaking left (okkas) and the defender is coming at him from the side FULL SPEED- he sees this and nods it back and buys him self a good 2 seconds as the other guy flies buy to score from inside- this was a really easy shot and anyplayer in our league could have finished it.

As for Di Papa saying its better than Vintras- seriously all colors and teams aside thats by far the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard in this forum. That was a blast in to the upper corner after diving in to win it, pulls the ball away and makes space to shoot and leaves the keeper with no chance in the upper corner from all the way out......come on okkas was left with an easy finish......your youth strikers could have done that as well it wasnt that heroic, the defense that got the ball was great and the pass was very slick and clever- the rest is easy crap. The defender dove right in and panicked leaving Okkas with an easy low shot that any proffesional/semi profesional forward can bury dont over complicate it.

sidestepping? you think thats fancy? i do this move all the time its the simplest "move" in football.

Again, reading comprehension is essential. I was reffering to the shot, NOT his sidestep, the defender bought it like a chicken. but that shot, I'd like to see someone shove it past the keeper when that corner is closed down like that.

As for whos shot was better, Vyntras blast was just spectacular. Too bad we rarely see goals like that in the championship.

Guest Protathlitis

the two goals were different; one was a screamer and one was a pretty awesome team goal; other than that its a hard thign to argue about.

Okkas still had a lot to do when he got the ball, I wasnt surprised when he beat the defenders because we all know he can do that. what made me happy was the FINISH

Drako still hasn't refuted that in the same match both OSFP and Sochaux lost chances due to extremely incompetent finishing, especially Sochaux. Would you claim that they are amateurs?

The finishing was very good, period. And I compared the goal to the one from Vintra *as a whole*, not the finishing only (you misunderstood my post). On the latter, there was only a blind powerful shot when the opporunity araised, which is typical of many defenders. Spectacular indeed but consisted only of that strike and nothing else (and, of course, I'll say again that it couldn't be compared to a masterly shot like that from Gonzalez against Arsenal).

Anyway, I admit that comparing different goals might seem stupid sometimes but this in the nature of any football fan, isn't it? But even the most fanatic greens may understand that only superior teams (for the greek standards) can show that kind of skillfulness. Goals like this prove that it isn't by luck that Oly and Pao are at the top of greek championship.

HEY DRAKOS, I THINK ITS FUNNY HOW YOU LOVE STEVEN GERARD ALL OF THE SUDDEN. MAYBE I SHOULD LOVE SAVIOLA SINCE HE KNOCKED YOU GUYS OUT OF THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE AFTER YOU GUYS WERE WINNING 1- 0 AND ENDED UP BEATING YOU 3 - 1. SOUND FAMILIAR??? DONT WISH FRO s%$#! THAT YOU DON'T WANT TO HA[PPEN TO YOU. GOT IT? OK THEN. OLYMPIAKOS ACTUALLY PLAYS SOCCER SO I THINK ALLL PAO FANS SHOUKLD START WISHING THAT PAO PLAYED THE WAY THAT OLYMPIAKOS PLAYS SO THAT YOU GUYS COULD ACTUALLY SIT THREW ONE OF YOUR GUYS BECAUSE NORMALLY THEY ARE VERY VERY VEERY VERY BORING. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. PAO SUCKS BIG BALLS!!!!!!!

HEY DRAKOS, I THINK ITS FUNNY HOW YOU LOVE STEVEN GERARD ALL OF THE SUDDEN. MAYBE I SHOULD LOVE SAVIOLA SINCE HE KNOCKED YOU GUYS OUT OF THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE AFTER YOU GUYS WERE WINNING 1- 0 AND ENDED UP BEATING YOU 3 - 1. SOUND FAMILIAR??? DONT WISH FRO s%$#! THAT YOU DON'T WANT TO HA[PPEN TO YOU. GOT IT? OK THEN. OLYMPIAKOS ACTUALLY PLAYS SOCCER SO I THINK ALLL PAO FANS SHOUKLD START WISHING THAT PAO PLAYED THE WAY THAT OLYMPIAKOS PLAYS SO THAT YOU GUYS COULD ACTUALLY SIT THREW ONE OF YOUR GUYS BECAUSE NORMALLY THEY ARE VERY VERY VEERY VERY BORING. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. PAO SUCKS BIG BALLS!!!!!!!

youre off topic, and a moron.

all i will say about saviola is

QUARTER FINAL-

youre off topic, and a moron.

all i will say about saviola and barcelona is:

QUARTER FINAL - say as much bs as you want but u got knocked out in the FIRST ROUND. Laugh your ass off if you like but if we had a drop more of luck in the end with vlaovic we would have played among the top 4 of the champions league and that year how did you guys play? not much to brag about.

I dont mean to turn this into another stupid debate so im going right back to the topic, the goal

the finish was good- but not incredible----the keeper had a peice and from there with time all strikers can hit that....that wasnt a particularly impressive shot , i expect any striker to put that away and i know any striker can. rivaldo was the one who say the space and passed it perfect timing and power to set that up...the shot wide open with the keeper isnt that amazing for professional ball....its standard finish nothing else

Archived