Phantis Forums

OLY VS SOCHAUX

HOLLYWOOD

We're not gonna lose. Even with saturday, remember, we're still undefeated there, and have never lost points with our fans in the house!

even though Olympiakos hasn't been in good form as of late

and missing 3 out of our 4 defensive back line players

i do think we will win this game

but the question is how many will we win by

Schuax is probably well aware on the book of beating Olympiakos

avoid being killed in Karaiskaki and then bring it back home where they know the history of them blowing it away

so my fear is that they will just stay back alot and just hope for a counter attack

i also hope they just score when they get their opportunities

Lets win and win big !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the thing is, Sochaux will play very similarly to the way Xanthi behaved on Saturday, the only difference will be Sochauxs' strikers who are faster and can be deadly on the counter.

Lets hope for the best boys !

heres my view:

If Nikopolidis has a good game u guys will win....

If he has a crap game and Rivaldo has a good game then u will draw

If u guys play crap then u will be stuffed

Please tell me Giovanni is not playing....

If he is u may as well turn up with 10 men

heres my view:

If Nikopolidis has a good game u guys will win....

If he has a crap game and Rivaldo has a good game then u will draw

If u guys play crap then u will be stuffed

Please tell me Giovanni is not playing....

If he is u may as well turn up with 10 me

Nikopolidis alone could not save us if we will prove not fast enough to cope with their counter-attacks. Or if we are inefficient at offside traps. Other than that, I agree 100%. The moment I 'll see Giovanni in the startup team, I will consider us playing 10 against 11.

Unfortunately, Greek team coaches seem to use not strictly technical criteria for the line-up. I can't believe that Bajevic would like to use Gio in this game from the start but his decisions are strongly influenced by Petros or Sokratis. Let's hope that the management won't interfere this time.

I am worrying about our left forward position, coz Georgiadis was in rather good form as of late and Castillo didn't prove competent for this role.

Theres one aspect of this game that could change this tie is the pace at which French teams play.

I like the French league only bc its pretty fast at times and often very attacking. Granted - it does not have the best players in the world and not the most technical but it has its strengths,

OSFP on the other hand as some of the gauroi have been complaining are lacking pace!

So Gauroi I think at Karaiskaki you guys need to control the tempo of the game!!

Anyways - you beat Liverpool Monaco and Deportivo at home all 1-0.

I dont see this any different

1-0 :LOL:

we have already had a taste of French football and well we played against a better side Monaco and should have been better rewarded (meaning the goal for Okkas that didn't count)

but again that was at a time Olympiakos was a lot better who knows maybe Olympiakos find their form and pace

reports coming out Georgadis out of the season

tough lost but he has been lost for the most part of the season and well he probably played his last game with Olympiakos v Xanthi

tough also that he will miss NT apperances and he might never get back on the squad

that's sad

Guest Protathlitis

bunch of crap; Ribo has been incredible and makes a huge impact in every game he plays. people expect him to go nuts every game but it doesent work like that

these indians dont know what they're talking about

Seems Bajevic is considering one of three in the RM position, replacing Georgiadis for Sochaux.

Mavrogenidis-Okkas-Castillo.........

Tough descision IMO, the only sure replacements are Vallas and Kostoulas as the back bone of our defense.

Personally I'd throw OKkas in the front and keep even more embarassing Gio on the bench for a lesson or two, and Castillo on the right i know he's become a kolopaido to the max and his form resembles an amatuer but lets get realistic he is young we know pocesses talanet and NEEDS playing time, although Mavrogenidis can help alot on both ends and has shown his good form as of late.

EDIT: it seems GIovannis "dental surgery" will keep him out of the game, it finally looks God is helping Dusan out. LMAO.

BTW: sochaux's official website has a nice write up on Karaiskaki on the opening page: www.fcsochaux.fr

will need it just as u guys will

lets get back some Uefa points taken away from Portugal and Holland and all due to Greek teams being sluggish in the last 2 years in Europe and that goes for every team in Greece playing abroad ok

that's why I'm saying that Greece should have the points and the 3 (why not 4 teams) in CL, because despite our domestic rivalries, it's good to see Greeks teams play in europe.... Besides, it's nice to know that even if our favorie team comes second or third in the domestic league (can't win the title every year, right?) it can participate in the CL!

Of course both of our team need luck, but we're facing teams that we both can beat.... we've got to be more careful and our divas have to sweat more.

EDIT: it seems GIovannis "dental surgery" will keep him out of the game, it finally looks God is helping Dusan out. LMAO

Another proof that God exists :)

Athinaios : thanks for the encouraging comments. That about the divas was 100% on target...

No, our beloved fans will be there and will get the adrenaline going.

As for watching/listening to the match via the internet, I have NO idea, maybe our friend Ziaka has an idea, I'll try searching a bit and if I find anything I'll most certainly post it.

THRYLE THEE MOY, OLYMPIAKE MOY !

this is no doubt going ot be a tough game

u know the french team will dropp back and key on counter attacks

Olympiakos will have a new line up that they never used before

but their is still enough experience

ball possession will be key but needs to be in attacking areas for a higher success rate

Rivaldo will need to find his superstar form

Maric is playing the first time in a long while

Vallas and Kostulas are the key will they have strong chemistry and communication and they will need to be physical with Schuax

we will findout in 24 hrs

Archived