Phantis Forums

Basketbrawl

its not that bad.....i dont see why america is attacking the fans as the instigators...that was a disgusting foul, and the player should be able to put up with any abuse at all.....haha imagine how life will suck if they should play in europe ...... i read a espn poll saying that fans are crossing the line when

shouting personal insults about the player was ranked at the top......

they should never consider european sports events then....

That player who snapped and jumped the fan who supposedly thought threw the beer at him lost his temper at the heat of the moment. These young players right out of high school are given big bucks which makes their egos shoot sky high. One thing they forget is to train the young lads to deal with this kind of abuse.

I wouldnt have liked it either if that happened to me. Now sitting there wondering and making a decision if I should get up and hit anybody or sit there and take it depends how I'm going to deal with the consequences.

"Sir" Chares Barkley said that a player has the right to beat the hell out of any fan who gives abuse. <_< :tdown: Remove the sir plz...

This comes down on the NBA for tracking down on hooligans or maybe you know they should seal off the playing field with armored cops.

I was reading the comments of a guy in CNN the other day and he said some things that sound strange in European ears. First, he said that behavior like throwing debris at players is more condemnable than indescretelly hitting fans at the stands because you were thrown a cup of coffee!! He said who would not have done the same? :blink:

Try thousands of European athletes for decades!!! If they were to react like this every time somebody throws an empty pastic bottle we would have thousands of victims! ;) ;)

sports are emotional. you dont need to be drunk to do something like this, and after you start a fight with the home team, how do you not expect to be pelted with objects? ok it shouldnt happen, but in circumstances it will. in america people think the FANS are at fault!!!!!!!!!!!! what the hell? one fan gets angry its going to happen- if you ATTACK THE FANS - of course you are going to get flying objects everywhere- if i saw a player attack the fans at any game i was in i would throw heavier things than a plastic cup.

if in leoforo something like this happens, the players are smart enough (even the olympiakos players) not to do anything back to provoke the fans.

I really do like basketball and NBA specially, and i'm a big of their organization and professionalism. The punishment was deserved and David Stern is right to suspend Artest and ther players that were involved. Its a shame that the crowd battled with that players, i think they should suspend that people for 1 season too, without being able to watch a NBA match in the arena. Hope that bad thing dont happen again, i live in Brazil and we see that violence btw fans of football teams almost every week :(

sorry but suspending fans for 1 season?? insane. those players were disgusting, hiting fans smaller than them (even when they were held back!) and they had everyright to be pounded with objects from the stands. as for the first guy, big deal. he threw a cup. he shouldnt have, but thats no reason to go insane. fans suspension for next match would be fair.

Also can i add, drinks and food in these stadiums in america cost insulting prices and its got to be real bad when you throw them like that... :D

• 2 months later...

I was reading the comments of a guy in CNN the other day and he said some things that sound strange in European ears. First, he said that behavior like throwing debris at players is more condemnable than indescretelly hitting fans at the stands because you were thrown a cup of coffee!! He said who would not have done the same? :blink:

Try thousands of European athletes for decades!!! If they were to react like this every time somebody throws an empty pastic bottle we would have thousands of victims! ;) ;)

if the 200m sprinters did not attack the Athens crowd at Olympics, then noone should :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

• 2 months later...

in that situation everybody was wrong.tha players for hitting the fans and the fans for throwing the beer.NBA is not greece,is family sport and david stern(commisioner)won t tolerate any kind of bullshit regarding his project.basketball in the states has rules and regulations plus it generates crazy amount of money.behavior like that is just unacceptable.they have families and all kind of people going to the games to enjoy elit players play at there top of the game not see a couple of morons beating the crap of each other.that s when any crazy stuff happen the punishment is severe for all parties.

the guy who did it was a moron. if the crowd does something dont respond. Deal with it. Its a cup of beer. Try having fireworks and flares thrown at you. Or coins, or having 10.000 people chanting your name to go ###### yourself.

Stop trying to "keeps it real" and collect your paycheck that more than compensates for taking a beer to the head. Sports fans in all countries can get out of control- no exceptions.

• 1 month later...

Archived