Phantis Forums

BASINAS

FZ13

Hey all,

have been checking out the forum for some time, good to see some sostoi vazeloi around.

BUT

Please someone explain: Why is Basinas still regarded as an indispensable player for PAO? In my view, he has been getting worse ever since Sousa left and he became the "natural leader" of PAO. Last year he was average, but this season he is UTTER s%$#!! Lazy, doesn't run, passes terribly and loses the ball all the time, has no creativity whatsoever, complains all the time and, guys, DEN KOVEI. AT ALL!! Absolutely f**ing useless!!

Nothing to do with aggelos of 2001-02 when he was running like a madman all over the pitch

And why all are the retarded greek journalists so much in love with him...

I understand the vazelos' need for a simaia but basinas...very sad.

Same as Goumas, he should NEVER play again f**ing dakota + I think he is a major kolopaido.

I am not ungrateful and appreciate their contribution but we should get over them. QUICK.

Kara: Flawed player, but there was a PALIKARI for you. He should come back and remind us what it is to bleed for your fanela :)

So the BAN BASINAS campaign is officially underway, hope someone agrees.

I would agree with you FZ13.

Goumas and Basinas are not something special in my eyes. That's how the humiliating nickname "Goumobasinades" was created to describe this "looser" generation of Panathinaikos history...

I was enjoying to see Paoulo Sousa when he was wearing the Green Shirt. He is same position with Basinas, but there's no comparison. The Portuguese really possessed the art of football and he would make long balls or very difficult passes who would leave you speechless. It was worth to sit down and watch a player like this playing... Since he left, I havent really watched any Panathinaikos game...(except the derbies). P.Sousa was class...players like Basinas just want to make you fall asleep...

I would agree with you FZ13.

Goumas and Basinas are not something special in my eyes. That's how the humiliating nickname "Goumobasinades" was created to describe this "looser" generation of Panathinaikos history...

I was enjoying to see Paoulo Sousa when he was wearing the Green Shirt. He is same position with Basinas, but there's no comparison. The Portuguese really possessed the art of football and he would make long balls or very difficult passes who would leave you speechless. It was worth to sit down and watch a player like this playing... Since he left, I havent really watched any Panathinaikos game...(except the derbies). P.Sousa was class...players like Basinas just want to make you fall asleep...

Paolo Souza was walking in the Pitch (same as your Johnny Walker-Keep walking Rivaldo-Giovanni) giving directions and not doing anything else... Although I don't actually like Basinas's play lately I will say that he is 500% better and more important than pitch-walkers....

As far as Goumas, FZ13 how did you come up with the idea that he is 'kolopaido'? I can understand your football preferences (to be honest I am fond of his style of play) but Goumas kolopaido? This guy is very quiet, never created any problems, never complained always tried his best etc etc... I think he is one of the best footballers inGreece (character wise...).

Hi Pappou

about Goumas I know as a fact he is a major PR-akias with dioikisi+journos. I have heard that he has repeatedly caused serious problems when he doesnt play complaining to the Vardinogiannides etc.. Not 100% about the details of that one that one thats why i said "I think"

Sousa was indeed crap (except at giving directions) But after he left Basinas has gradually adopted a Sousa-type "afendiko" kind of style which does not suit him. He's not THAT classy.

And it annoys me to see him trying to play boss and thinking he's Platini instead of taking in the kilometers as he used to in his early days, because THAT's what he's good at.

i think he has been a quality leader on the field this year...in particular games he has been the key player for us and a strong/true leader on the pitch...i dont know why people are giving him crap because w/o him we would have been in some trouble thi year.. i hope he doesnt leave us in the winter because then i see our midfield REALLY falling apart...in some games hes seem to be the glue holding what we have together....as for goumas...he complains and speaks out, but what player hasnt...i think he did great work for us last year stepping in when kyiakos got injred and is contuing his performances this year...

I don't know why Sousa is even mentioned. I doubt he played more than 20 odd games for us and all I recall was his goal vs Juve.

Basinas on the other hand has been giving PAO great service ever since he was 12 years old (that's 16 years at the club) he is rearely injured and on many occasion scored in crucial games. When he's absent PAO has a problem. Now all the bull crap about being a "looser" with the 7 years etc is malarkee to say the least. It's not his fault he feel on the Kokkalokratia and our management's uselessness to bring better players and protect the team. If he's a "looser", I wouldn't mind being a "looser" like him.

I don't know why Sousa is even mentioned. I doubt he played more than 20 odd games for us and all I recall was his goal vs Juve.

And what a goal it was! :nw:

Anyways, I think Goumas is a model professional. Seems like a leader and a very passionate player - definately plays for the Shirt unlike a few others.

If you're judging a defensive midfielder and remember him by the goals he scores, this shows how much do you know about football. Don't take it personally man.... everyone in this topic seems to prefer a player like Basinas rather than P.Sousa !!! :o

Prospa8w meta vias na kratisw to mati mou na mi mou fygei...

But then...this is why your president keeps loading your team with nobodies. If you're saying you dont want a player like P.Sousa in the team, he thinks "Right, these guys are happy with the Mitou's the Adric's and the Basinades!!!...why bother bring in real footballers??".... :la:

And his bank account keeps going bigger and bigger, and your jealousy of Kokkalis bringing in world class talent, keeps going bigger and bigger as well...

But it's your fault my friends... you cause it with your words, you'll have to continue seeing Mitous and Skacels in the green shirts I'm afraid... :)

Ok Dragonfly, I'll explain it to you because you seem to have reading and understanding difficulties.

No one made reference is Sousa was a great player or not but the fact is that for the money he was paid 1,5 billion draxmes (yes, that much) he offered PAO very little. You can say that is was in the same class as Karembeu, perhaps even better in his heyday, but you got good service from the Kourabie, whilst we didn't from Sousa due to the fact he was in the sick bay most the time.

Who has offered more? Sousa who played 20 odd games in total or Basinas or Mykland who played over 100? Giorgos Amanatidis who bled the Oly shirt, or Jorge Bermudez offered greater service?(and no I'm not gonna take the mickey out of Bermudez because you never played him in his position, which was sweeper. Bermudez had proven himself at Boca J.). Remember Henriksen playing in a flat back for in the 2002 WC and getting exposed badly by the English?

Anyway, how can a player be regarded a great for a club having only played 1,5 season for a club as opposed to someone that has served the club for 16 years?

Get it now?

Ok Dragonfly, I'll explain it to you because you seem to have reading and understanding difficulties.

No one made reference is Sousa was a great player or not but the fact is that for the money he was paid 1,5 billion draxmes (yes, that much) he offered PAO very little. You can say that is was in the same class as Karembeu, perhaps even better in his heyday, but you got good service from the Kourabie, whilst we didn't from Sousa due to the fact he was in the sick bay most the time.

Who has offered more? Sousa who played 20 odd games in total or Basinas or Mykland who played over 100? Giorgos Amanatidis who bled the Oly shirt, or Jorge Bermudez offered greater service?(and no I'm not gonna take the mickey out of Bermudez because you never played him in his position, which was sweeper. Bermudez had proven himself at Boca J.). Remember Henriksen playing in a flat back for in the 2002 WC and getting exposed badly by the English?

Anyway, how can a player be regarded a great for a club having only played 1,5 season for a club as opposed to someone that has served the club for 16 years?

Get it now?

hmm yeah..that was a good post...

If you're judging a defensive midfielder and remember him by the goals he scores, this shows how much do you know about football. Don't take it personally man.... everyone in this topic seems to prefer a player like Basinas rather than P.Sousa !!! :o

Prospa8w meta vias na kratisw to mati mou na mi mou fygei...

But then...this is why your president keeps loading your team with nobodies. If you're saying you dont want a player like P.Sousa in the team, he thinks "Right, these guys are happy with the Mitou's the Adric's and the Basinades!!!...why bother bring in real footballers??".... :la:

And his bank account keeps going bigger and bigger, and your jealousy of Kokkalis bringing in world class talent, keeps going bigger and bigger as well...

But it's your fault my friends... you cause it with your words, you'll have to continue seeing Mitous and Skacels in the green shirts I'm afraid... :)

If you had a clue about football you would have know that in todays modern football players like Basinas are more needed than players such as P. Souza... The Greek NT proves that.... ;)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Rivaldo is TALENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My friend, the word 'talent' refers to a young player with PROSPECT and a future ahead of him. What future do players like Rivaldo and Schurrer have!!!!!????

Talent is used to describe a young player of 19 and 20 with potential. Not a spent force who has had his best years behind him.

Rivaldo WAS world class. He is NOTHING now. If he was WORLD CLASS, you can be sure he wouldn't be at Oly. There would be a lot of other better clubs who could have had him. But none of them wanted to.

Alas Dragon, you know nothing about anything, not just football :P

And How far have these so called 'talents' that Kokalis has supposedly brought you taken you in Europe. and don't pretend you don;t care about Europe, because we know you and your president are itching to go a bit of a way in Europe and make a name and poreia.

How can we get it through your thick skull that we don't care or think Rivaldo is a great acquisition! You see why you are a small club? In our eyes and eyes of Europe, Oly is like a 4th division team that has just signed Saravakos. Imagine how happy their fans would be.

Small club, small minds for ever and ever :LOL:

p.s. I bet you that Gonzales, Skacel and Mitu will take me further than your so called dinasaurs and 'talent'....

Jesus Christ almighty, give these gavroi some brains......

So no team in the world would like to have Rivaldo, huh? Is that what you're trying to say? So If one day in June (before he comes to Olympiakos, when we knew nothing about it...), you'd woken up and see in the papers that Rivaldo was signed from Panathinaikos, what would your reaction be?? Put your hand in the heart and tell us...

And Ok he's not a prospect for the future that's why no other clubs chased up his signature. Ezequiel Gonzalez who is a prospect for the future (only 23 years of age) how many clubs wanted to sign him then?? How many clubs did you fight with in order to get his signature???...

Do you know the answer? Yes, yes...you were right. The answer is ZERO. Does that tell you something?...

Ezequl Gonzalez HAS worn the no10 of boca juniors. YES thats rite louie the fly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE SAME Number diego maradona has worn at his beloved boca juniors. The same number only worthy talent are given the chance to wear. Rosario Central are a top 5 team in argentina.

I GUESS U HAVEN SEEN HIS GOALS IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE THIS LEAGUE OR U JUST HAVENT GOT RED ANND WHITE GLASSES ON. RIVALDO IS NOT s%$#!.,,,,,,,AS KOPSOUME TIS m*****ES. BUT TO COME HERE IN OUR CHANNEL AND TELL US NOBODY WANTED HIM MEANS @@ IN HERE. WHO CARES IF THEY NO1 ELSE WANTED HIM. LOOK AT WHAT HES DOING ON THE FIELD. EQUI IS 23 YRS OLD AND PAO WILL MAKE BUG MONEY ON HIM IN THE FUTURE. RIVALDO HAS BEEN THERE,,,,HES KIKLO IS CLOSING,,,HES 32 YRS OLD.HES WINDING DOWN HIS CAREER IN GREECE. UR TEAM HAS A HABIT OF BUYING RETIREMENT PLAYERS. AND NOW UR AFTER PETIT. :unsure: :unsure: UMMMMM WHAT 4????????????????????????? WHAT WILL SHURRER DO HES 34?????HOWS HE GONNA HELP????????GIOVANIS 32,,,,,,KARAMBEAU WAS JUST AS OLD,,,,,,

PAO HAS RENE,,,HES 36 BUT HIS TIME IS OVER AFTER THIS YR ....

TO LABEL BASINAS AS AN EXTRA ORDINARY PLAYER IS A JOKE. BASINAS HAS LEARNT ALLOT FROM PLAYING ALONGSIDE PAULO SOUSA. baSINAS IS A EURO 2004 CHAMPIONS MEDALIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!END OF STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IF HES SUCH A CRAPPY PLAYER WHY IS HE THE NO1 CHOICE OF DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER OF GREECE NATIONAL TEAM.

THE TEAM THAT WON EURO 2004 .....DID U KNOW THAT??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????OR IS STOLTIDIS ARE BETTER PLAYER THAN HIM???????

Archived