Phantis Forums

Coaching Change

Thrylos_Miami

i would welcome a change as protsof just does not have experience needed.

we need a coach that when his team is down can make a sub that changes the game.....

example 1. rehhagel vs spain, 2 changes and we score.

.............2. bajevic vs real, 2 changes and aek tie 2-2

protasof just does fit hear, and i know he has not had a huge squad to choose from but we need a coach with experience and a proven winner.

i would like markarnian as he has no problem attacking, but if we grab a couple of new strikers at the break.

i never liked protasof as he always play the 1 striker and that being giovanni. we have not had 2 players being gio and choutos play so well together since gogic and ivic, and the first game of champions league against the weakest team we have to play he plays gio by himself???????

challenge the teams F***ing defence,

I KNOW EVERYBODY IS AGAINST CHOUTOS FROM THE STUPIDITY HE PULLS BUT NOBODY CAN DENY THAT WE ARE MUCH BETTER WITH HIM IN THERE WITH GIO ESPECIALLY!!!!!

Guest Thryleon

Is there any fact to this rumour, or is it simply one of those rumours that people make up due to the fact that they are dreaming of things that will not happen, but instead like to make up useless "rumours"?? Is there any proof to base it on, or some theory perhaps? for example, Protasov and Kokkalis are rumored not to get along too well, but the players and the coach are fine, and so long as the results come then thats cool, but if they stop coming well Kokkalis will most likely sack Protasov? EXAMPLE ONLY.

If you ask me i think you might be surprised that he hasnt been fired, seeing as in previous years that is the norm. He must have Olympiakos recent record for the coach to have most time in charge since Bajevic left. :lol:

Kyrastas was one of the coaches that was talking with Olympaikos during the summer for the coaching job before it was given to Protasov. However it would be a mistake to make a coaching change right now in the middle of the CL campaign. Any changes will be made most likely after CL campaign ends and if the team is not doing too well in the league.

Does Olympiakos need a new coach? I would agree. I was in Kerkyra this summer and Kokkalis came to the island to get people to sign up for the "fan club". Although I am not an Olympiakos fan (never was, never will be...) I went with some curiosity with my "gavro loving" uncle. It was an amazing site to say the least. But to stay on topic here, Kokkalis stated at that time (June 27) that he will PERSONALLY pick the coach for the team. There was great speculation, many names came out of people's mouths that night.

Look who he "picked": Protasov. What a joke. If you say that you are going to pick a new coach, pick one! If you have confidence in your coach: say so! The last few coaches for Oly,piakos were a joke, we must admit. If anyone should coach this team, it should come from within the ranks of Olympiakos. Although I hate the SOB, they should pick Mitropoulos. He has been involved with the team in many capacities. He has also assisted for a while. He knows the players and their system. He is the perfect fit, for them

As far as Makarian or Kyrastas joining: that is just a tale (I hope). Good luck boys....we are all going to need it this year.

I don't think that Protasov is the problem with you guys. You're bashing him, yet he's the guy who saved the ship last year for you in the protathlima. Where I think your problem lies is your goalscoring. You had so many opportunities this summer and you blew it: Figueroa, Liberopoulos, Okkas, Rebrov, Jardel, Mahlas, this list goes on and on and on...That's where you guys messed up and if anything costs you the prothlima and/or a poor run in Europe, that's it. One injury to Choutos and you guys lose a game(you've already witnessed that this year). Markarian would be great but my hatred for you guys would multiply 10X more if he went there. I don't think he wants to coach in Greece again though. He hates all the rioting etc. You guys should go after Del Bosque. It's a slim chance but if he's been linked with the Iranian National Team job, why not u guys?...

Archived