Phantis Forums

Boro v Egaleo

Guest nichho

Hi

I am hoping to fly to Athens on the 20th Oct to watch the Egaleo v Middlesbrough cup game. I need help with travel.

I know you have a new airport and a metro system from the airport into the city. How long does it take and how much does it cost? Am I right in thinking the metro closes down at midnight and is there another way to return to the airport after midnight?

Where is the Rizoupolis stadium in relation to the city centre? Is it easy to get to, can I use the metro or will I need a taxi? How much will it cost?

How much are the tickets to watch the game. Middlesbrough are charging us

rizoupoli is at a metro stop no worries very easy i dont remember which one just that its towards Kiffisia stop i think the stop is called Ano Patisia (im not 100% but ask somebody in the olympiakos forum because they played there the last 2 years)........thats the easiest way by far.

it is north east of the center of the city....tickets i have no clue what they cost but i highly recommend you stick with what middlesborough FC offers you. you dont want to sit with Aigaleo fans even if its cheaper...

cabs arent expenseve at all in athens.....

train from airport not exactly the best solution, but depends on where you are staying.

there are also buses that are cheaper

as far as after midnight (i know during the games they were running past 12 but i dont know now what the story is i think they do close at 12) .....a cab may be your only option depending where you are . (also a metro ticket is .70 but to get to the airport is a train that is about 8 Euro, its not the same as metro)... keep in mind the airport itself isnt in athens its outside of it......

Archived