Phantis Forums

people in ny/nj/ct; what tv service do u have....

hey all,

right now i have time-warner digital cable so i get the bs kastana greek tv channel...which is horrific...they show tv shows from the 60's in black&white, im not too satisfied with the news programs (i dont like the ert newscasts) and lets not even mention any sports...there is none. the only reason i keep it is cause i like having digital cable...nice clear reception.

now im gonna be getting a new plasma tv soon so id also like to hear what people in the area use to get a tv signal? i know i can get ant1 and mega on satelite..but hows the reception?

does anyone have a plasma out there? i take it that none of the greek channels broadcast in HD? im kinda reluctant since there is no surcharge for HD on time-warner, and for the satelites there is. and is it true that if it rains or snows the reception is terrible?

any help would be appreciated.

ok for the greek channels u need dishnetwork sattelite dish......

its good u can get the greek channels and Fox Sports world, gol tv, etc.....

the weather has never affected my quality, thought to be honest quality of the channels like FSW especially isnt as nice as you would like it.....

reception really depends on your positioning of the dish....

Too damn much my man.... It's about 49.99 for all 3 channels. I agree w/ Fox Sports World & Gol TV through digital cable...

It's a damn shame that we have to pay that much for 3 channels and it's a damn shame that they don't show as many games as we want them to show. Now as far as ANT1... They propably have the worst picture out of all 3 channels. MEGA and EPT have great picture. BUT! ANT1 will show Olypiacos home games....

Whatever you want to do ..... Good Luck my man.

:tdown: :angry: :tdown: :angry: $50?!?!?!? on top of the other $50 for basic service? on top of the $50 for freakin internet access?!?!?! and its not in HD and its not a good signal?!?!?! :tdown: :angry: :tdown: :angry:

i think i'll go to byzantio to watch greek tv then!!!!!

does goltv have serie a' (italy) matches live at least?

hey all,

right now i have time-warner digital cable so i get the bs kastana greek tv channel...which is horrific...they show tv shows from the 60's in black&white, im not too satisfied with the news programs (i dont like the ert newscasts) and lets not even mention any sports...there is none. the only reason i keep it is cause i like having digital cable...nice clear reception.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: That channel is AWFUL. I think the last soccer game they showed was a champions league qualifying game that PAO played 3 or 4 years ago. Don't even waste your money on that midget Kastana so he could put his friends weddings on his channel instead of something a human being would actually watch.

Hold on guys. How are you paying $ 49.99 for the Greek channels? If you subscribe to the Greek language package, the cost is $ 36.99, and it includes Antenna-Satellite, ERT-Sat and Mega Cosmos. The only difference might be that you only subscribe to the Greek channels on Dishnetwork and nothing else. Dishnetwork has a policy that if you don't subscribe to one of their packages, they will charge you a $5.00 fee to get only the international channels. I am not sure if they charge $5 extra for each international channel? if that is the case that would bring it to approximately $ 50.00.

I subscribe to the Greek Channel package, the Top 180 package (this package includes Fox Sports World, GOL TV, all the channels you get on cable as well as several movie channels). I also get the local channel package, and my total bill for all this is $ 92.00.

Yes, Gol TV has Serie A live.

I subscribe to the Greek Channel package, the Top 180 package (this package includes Fox Sports World, GOL TV, all the channels you get on cable as well as several movie channels). I also get the local channel package, and my total bill for all this is $ 92.00.

Does this package include Shystervision? :LOL: :LOL:

:tdown: :angry: :tdown: :angry: $50?!?!?!? on top of the other $50 for basic service? on top of the $50 for freakin internet access?!?!?! and its not in HD and its not a good signal?!?!?! :tdown: :angry: :tdown: :angry:

i think i'll go to byzantio to watch greek tv then!!!!!

does goltv have serie a' (italy) matches live at least?

its sucks....dont use satelite internet......

and GolTV shows Live Serie A and many La liga matches.... Sundays will not get boring i promise.... :tup: - i remember 1 day i think i spent literally all day watching sports match after match.... ERT Sat does show greek league games though not always PAO or AEK......but there still entertaining and theres highlights, and also show PAO AEK OSFP basket games often....

The truth is one: If someone wants all three greek chanells through dish network he has to pay $36.99/month. That is if he gets at least the top 60 chanells through them. If not, he has to pay an additional $5/month (flat fee-not for each chanell), it's what they call a "connection fee". That brings the cost of the greek package to $41.99/month. Period. All this for just ONE receiver. Any additional receivers=add $5/month per receiver.

Now, you can order individual packages or chanells like FOX World or GOAL tv (both on satellite 110, you need an additional dish). That does not guarantee that they'll show any greek soccer throughout the season though (unless we make it to the final of CL or UEFA Cup, but then the game will be free on ESPN!).

The cost of their equipment varies. You can have a dish and a receiver for anywhere from $49.99 and free if you sign a one year contract with them with at least the top 60 (about $30/month + the cost of the greek chanells). No HDTV is available for any greek chanell. They work excellent with plasma TV (with the exception of Antenna wich does not broadcast a very good picture).

yup, gol tv and fox sports world is on 110* , meaning if your running any other sattelite, you'll have to add another !

also, those 2 channels from what I KNOW, are ONLY available in a package and NOT al a carte.

also, if you want the GREEK PACKAGE, you MUST have the superdish which is at 68* and 148* so you can catch the Greek radio stations (era spor,etc) If not, you dont qualify for the package, so basically there is no 3 channel package (mega,ert,ant) Its those 3 channels PLUS the radio stations on both 148 and 68. If you are only at 148, you cant buy the package and you need to upgrade.

blah..

Archived