Phantis Forums

Kavala in B' Division

Vaggar

Kavala will absorb Poseidona Neon Poron, and will take his spot in B' Division. The name of the new team will be "PAE Nea Kavala" and everything will remain the same with AO Kavala (home, logo, roster). Kavala will have the first option in signing Poseidonas players, but none of them will automatically be in the new team.

More at http://www.aokavalas.gr/html/gr/news.htm

i think that is a great idea, thats the only way some of these teams in the periphery will be able to compete and make Greek Soccer more competitive. There was a report in contra.gr the other day in which in 2005 Panachiaki and Patriakos might join together.

http://www.contra.gr/StoryDetail.asp?ArticleID=45395.

heck didn't Xanthi join hands with some club back in the 60's I can't recall who, now they obviously haven't won anything, but overall over the years they have caused headaches for some of the bigger clubs and have been able to constantly stay in the first division. I wish AO Chalkis would unite with Iraklis Chalkis to become a stronger team.

I wish AO Chalkis would unite with Iraklis Chalkis to become a stronger team.

AOX is almost dead. :( I've know of at least 12 players of last years team that have left, including some of the best players (Kipouros, Mpokaris, Tsirogiannis, Feidas...). The team was supposed to be sold (the potential buyers actually meet the major which promised to help), but Korlos asked for too much money, so it looks like AOX may not participate in the league this year. :( :(

Iraklis Chalkis that you mention is based in Chalki Larissas. From Chalkida or Evia the other teams that are in National leagues are Lilas Vasilikou in C' (Vasiliko is 10 Km away from Chalkida), Iraklis Psachnon in D' and Evoikos Chalkidas in D'. Evoikos is owned by Fraidaki, the guy that owned AOX when the team was promoted from D' to C' two years ago. I've heard that the team made several good transfers, so look out for Evoikos this season.

Archived