Phantis Forums

Metodi Deyanov and Alexsander Tomash!

ivancska

Hi gays, I'm new here,I just registered and I'm bulgarian. My favourite club is CSKA Sofia, as u may suggest. I don't know a lot about OFI. All I know is that two exCSKA players play there- Deyanov :nw: and Tomash :tdown: .

My opinion for them.

Meto Deyanov - one of the best ever midfielder played in CSKA, before he broke his leg. After that he was a bit scared to show what he can do. He got so slow after the injury and wasn't at his best level. However he was THE CAPTAIN of CSKA!

Tomash - I don't know what managers work for your club,but that is probably the worst ever trasnsfer that you've made!!! He played in CSKA for a long time and never showed us that he can stop, pass and shoot the ball. He was just on the field nothing more, just no words for him. He made some good games, but I was happy that at last we sold him. Unfortunately u got him :lol: .

What do u think of them? How do they play in OFI? And have they prooved themselves as good players?

Hi ivancska, welcome to the forum. B)

Deyanov came to OFI in January of 2003. When he joined our team, OFI was at the bottom of the table and he helped us move up. He had a GREAT 6 month period and according to me and a lot of other OFI fans he was the MVP of the team.

Last season though he was no able to keep playing the same good football. Maybe was that the whole team was in turmoil and constant problems, back he lost his place in the team as a starter. Now there are rumors that he might leave to join Panionios. I don't know if this will be true or not. I hope that he will stay and that he will bounce back to play great football for us again.

As for Tomash, he came last January. OFI's defence was the worse in the league before he come, and on top of that our best defender up to then (Kostios) was transfered to PAO. I know that he got the place in the team as a starter center-back. He had some good games but nothing special. Anyway, last year the team was not good, and us of now the same I see for next year.

I wish u good luck for the new season and I wish that your stupid coach gets Deyanov on the pitch, because he is a player which constructs the game, leads the team and makes this what others can't!!! He is a great player and I'm happy to hear that u like him. And for Tomas, he may have become a better player, that's nice to hear too. The best for him is that he is on his place as a central-back. When he was in his first days in CSKA he was on that position and did very well, but then other coaches use him as a left-back and from there came the troubles. When the dictor at the stadium said the starting eleven of CSKA and we heard:

-"number 6 Alexsander Tomash", we were saying:

-"No,no,no Tomash,no,no,no!!!", cause we knew what will happen during the match and unfortunately it always did happen!!! :tdown:

By the way who is your captain now?

The team has a new coach for next season, so I don't know if he has Deyanov in his plans or not (propably he has him). Captains of the teams were Kolitsidakis, Chaniotakis, and Dermitzakis last season.

So that new coach will get Deyanov in the team, I'm sure. Do u plan of buying any new quality players?

We had a player Stefan Gilio-he is Maltiese international. He was great when he played for CSKA, but then he got injured and the new coach gave him on loan to Lokomotiv Sofia. He is now back to Malta in Sliema Wonderers.

I think that, this man will work great for you, he is a central midfielder and has played togheter with Deyanov, so he is perfect for you.

Ask the new coach!!! :D :D :D

I haven't heard anything about the players we target to buy. Right now most of the focus is on renewing the contracts of the players that we have. We are going through budget cut, so the new contracts will be 30-40% down from what were last season. This means that a lot of our players might not want to sign them.

Anyway, OFI is going to visit Bulgaria for the pre-season trainning. The team will stay for a long period of time (up to a month) since Iraklio and our stadium are part of the Olympic football tournament and cannot be used until after the end of the Olympic games. According to Laftsis (OFI's connection to Bulgaria-the guy that recommended Deyanov and Thomash) OFI will play 4-5 games with A' Division teams. If you happen to see any of these games, I'ld appreciate it if you give us your opinion in the team. :tup:

First I'll be glad if OFI come to Bulgaria and play friendlies with BG teams. I know who is Laftchis, I know his daughter personaly, I'm in one and the same class in school with her. It'll be great if I manage to see your players live, especialy Deyanov. U know I play football in a 2nd division team and I think that when OFI are coming to Sofia, I may make something, so that we play a friandly with them. Can u tell me exactly when will they be staying here and do u have inf of any arranged friendlies. We can work things out, cause when OFI come here, surely our big 1st Division teams will be abroad and then OFI may look for othe opponents. And my club is a bit conected to CSKA, so with Deyanov, who knows., we played a friendly with Shakhtar Donezk last year, when they were here for a winter camp.

Please check the information for OFI's visit to BG.

Ivan, if you can contact Laftchis then do it. It will be the best way to get your info, since he will help significantly to arrange the friendly games. According to what the newspapers in Crete say, OFI will stay in Sofia or Burgaz (spelling?) from 16-8-2004 until 26-8-2004.

Laftchis (I hope we are talking about the same person) has really good relationship with OFI and is the manager of Deyanov and Tomash.

P.S. What is the name of the team that you play for?

The person I'm talking about is Thomas Lafchis. He was president of Levski for a while, from 1997 to 1999 I think. I'm in Conegliano German, a 2nd division team. We stayed clear of relegation last year. The day before yesterday was taken the draw for the Championship and our first mach is on the 7th of August, so I don't think we can have a friendly then. If OFI were coming earlier- now in July, maybe we could've work smth out. I'll keep my conection to your site, so if OFI come in BG during the winter camp we can talk.

Bey for now.

• 3 weeks later...

:tup: good for OFI to get rid of the former coach Scazny. He was the man who destroyed deyanof. i had seen this already in Holland. I hope he stays, because he is a very good player that can help a lot the whole team when he is playing on the right position: just behind the attackes!

DERMITZAKIS for captain! :hypocrite:

Archived