Phantis Forums

What do Pao need for Europe?

HOLLYWOOD

What do we need to become our former selves in europe and avoid last years shame :(  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What do we need to become our former selves in europe and avoid last years shame :(

• A Striker?
    • A Midfielder?
    • A Defender?
    • Youth Players to be promoted?
    • Big Buys?
    • No More Scum?
    • No more Pao managment?
    • New Owners?
    • Get rid of Players such as Basinas?
    • All of the above??

last year was not that bad.

we should have won against ranger both times 6 points(instead of 4)

we should have won the home game against stuttgart 3point(instead of 0)

we should have gotten atleast a draw against man.u 1point(instead of 0)

thats 10 points! we should have qualified.

a european class right winger and then a backup for munch! lets start from there :tup:

From the games that I saw , I believe we need a creating midfielder, and a younger outside midfielder, that will enable us to play a 3-5-2. This way we can utilize Gonzales as an attacking midfielder behind Pap. Oli. Mihali... We need to have the ball go through our midfield players in order to allow our strikers to set the pace. We cannot have them chase balls that are played long from the backfield.

The style that we played this year was at times pathetic. We had no one to create especially when the opposing defenses packed it in. We resorted to attacking from the sides with the results being the same, long crosses that were easily defended by the other team. We need imagination...

a european class right winger and then a backup for munch! lets start from there :tup:

unfourtunatly "should have wins" dont count. I mean in this way of thought Olympiakos would have gone throughin their group. They dominated but lost,

ex, 1st Juve game (def not 2nd :lol: :lol: :lol: btw gavroi, 7-0 )

both Gaysaray matches

and The sociedad matches

Duno what games ur talking bout mate but we didnt deserve jack S... in europe last yr. We were pathetic overall.

UMM WE LOST 1-3 think that says enough

i was at the game agaisnt rangers and we were lucky with draw whilst playing with 10 men.

If pao keeps same team we will get smashed in europe. We need a left and rightwinger, a defesive midfielder that can have good playmaking attributes, a backup left back, and some1 in keeper position cause chalvas is gonna cost us big time.

Slick:

What are you talking about? Last year was a disaster in Europe. We have never lost 5-0 to anyone before. We finished with 4 points in the group, the loweset total in our history in the champions league. It wasn't just the scores either, i was the preformances that were crap.

Please, try to remember who we are, we are not Olympiakos. I compare us to the times we reached the quarterfinals and the semifinals. That's our standards now and anything less than that is not considered 'not too bad'.

where u all blind we outplayed stuttgart until the we scored and went in front 1-0 then 3 big defencive errors and BAM 1-3.

but i have never said that we had a good euro-run this season :angry:

and for the 5-0 trashing by man.u nikopolis made atleast one own goal plus he conceeded 4 goals in the first half, and then was subbed in half by halkias

lol lol lol

us blind???????????????????????

it was 1-0 ...and the germans scored 3 goals in 5 minutes,,,,, how on earth did we outplay them??????????????games arent decided on who hits the posts or has more chances its about the scoreline...shum disgraced our strong home record .

mate 4get cleague 2003,2004 season it was a absolute joke

supporters that don't hit me when throwing their mobiles :box:

(but the greeks aren't the only supporters throwing things of course :whistle: :angry:

this season in Belgium I noticed bananas flying to the pitch at african goalie Copa of Beveren :tdown: )

how is the general behaviour of the fans in european games when thet lose? same "intense" reactions as in games against Olympiakos (because then they could face serious trouble with UEFA)

slick:

There was something about PAO in Europe before that didn't exist this year. We used to give our opponents a fight in Europe. The only Greek team that played well and showed they could beat anybody. Ask Barca, Juve, Arsenal, Porto and Manchester United.

This year we sat back and couldn't even create chances. I always look at the 4 games againt Manchester, in 2001 and in 2003. Big difference. We scared Manchester shitless and at Old Trafford we lost at least 5 chances. Only Barthez saved them and Liberopoulos failed to score. This year we lost 5-o but worse we only created one half chance in 90 minutes. I was embarrassed to be there and hear the comments from the English fans.

We need to remember we are not any other Greek club in Europe who plays conservatively and hopes they win by luck or they don't get thrashed badly. We are far superior and we have to keep that standard every year.

I actually do remember watching the PAO - Stuttgart game in Athens, and I too must admit we did dominate till we scored. And it was a solid performance for 60 minutes and anice goal but a game is not won on 60 minutes play.

And I have to disagree that a score line does not always say the whole story of a game. A game can be comletely one sided but one team fails to score and on one just one quick chance a game can be 1-0 yet that doesnt tell us the complexion of the game.

As for the poll - Im for home grown YOUNG talent - whats wrong with it if we give it a chance - it aint doing us nothing if we keep them in the shadows - we have to introduce one day or not. Lets see what there made of. After all, PAO has a very good and highly acclaimed youth academy.

In first line the need cash.... !

That wont help at all....its not having cash that helps....its spending it that does!!!

The question isnt really what we need, we all now what PAO needs and we bring it up every season, and every day of the month.

The question is what will the current board do?

What will Zaec do?

What will Shum do?

Archived