Phantis Forums

United set to lose Gallacher and Miller

Dundee United look set to losing their two most valuable assets for free, after failing to agree terms with out of contract keeper Paul Gallacher and midfielder Charlie Miller. It is another indication of the financial plight the SPL finds itself in, with clubs offering their top players less money than they were receiving last year. All the signs are that Scotland keeper Gallacher is set to join newly promoted Norwich, while Miller has been linked to various clubs in England and Spain.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ich/3753607.stm

Gallacher's transfer to Norwich has been finalised.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ich/3753607.stm

Spanish 2nd Division champions Levante have confirmed their interest in Charlie Miller, possibly the biggest enigma in Scottish football.

It was a pair of Miller's boots that were worn by David Beckham when he scored the ridiculous goal from the half way line against Wimbledon a good few years back. Both players, as up an coming stars at Man Utd and Rangers, were on deals to wear the early version of Adidas Preditor boots. When Adidas urgently needed to get a pair to Beckam before the game, the only ones in his size were at Ibrox, with 'Charlie' stitched onto the tongue!! They were sent down, and to the amusement of the Man Utd team, Beckham played in them.

• 4 weeks later...

The future of keeper Gallacher was known some time back when he signed for Norwich. Since then he has come in for some criticism from manager Ian McCall, who suggests he has blown his chance of claiming the Scotland number 1 jersey for himself by leaving for a bench place in the premiership. This could indeed the case as Norwich keeper Robert Green, who has been linked with Arsenal throughout the summer, has today signed a new 3 year deal at Carrow Road.

As for Charlie Miller, his position is still unclear. He has not been in contact with the club for a number of weeks, and is reportedly enjoying himself in Spain while considering an offer from newly promoted Levante.

• 2 weeks later...

A point often put is that more fans may attend a competative league, which we really do not have at the moment with the Old Firm battling (not last year :lol: ) it out. I say give it a go. Dundee United - Aberdeen top of the table clash - I can see it now.

Thankfully (or regretably, showing my age) I can remember when the New Firm were a genuine force in both Scottish and European football - with teams entirely consisting of home grown players. Those days are long gone, never to return, but a competative home championship would surely be better than what is served up at present.

Archived