Phantis Forums

Greece vs. Switzerland

I recall that someone in the forum not too long ago mentioned that usually the friendly games can be heard on the Voice of Greece radio station.

Can anyone confirm this? If this is the case, then I should be able to pick it up on my shortwave radio.

Exocet

Yes Voice of Greece does carry major soccer games, including Ethniki games, but I am not sure if they always carried the friendly games. They might carry it this time since the game is a test event for the Olympics.

Here are the best frequencies for us in North America during the time that the game is scheduled:

17705 kHz, which is broadcast from Voice of America transmitter in Delano, California

17565 kHz, which is broadcast from Voi e of America tranmsitter in Greenville, North Carolina

You can also try 7475, 9420, or 15630 khz, which are direct broadcasts from the shortwave transmitters at Avlida, Greece, but reception of these in North America is always bad. Those frequencies are directed for reception in Europe.

You can also listen to the soccer games during the weekend on Voice of Greece, since they always carry the ERA-Spor programming, when the A' Ethniki games are on.

wow there is less than a week to go before the game and not even one greek channel has announced they will broadcast it yet. I remember the last game between Bulgaria was on Mega so lets cross our fingers and hope its not supersport because they show nothing live here in the states

According to ENET.GR, ET-1 is scheduled to show the game in Greece, although ERT has not confirmed that yet. It is unknown if ERT-Sat has the rights to show it outside of Greece.

The Greece - Bulgaria was shown on ET-1 in Greece and not on MEGA. It was not shown on ERT-Sat.

I suggest we all send an email to ERT-SAT complaining about not showing the game outside Greece. Their email is ertsat@ert.gr .They usually don't respond but it doesn't hurt to "bomb" them with some complaints...I also mentioned to them that:

RTPi shows Portugal-Italy

TVEi shows Spain- Denmark

Setanta shows Sweden-England

German-TV shows Germany-Belgium

but ....ERT SAT DOESN'T SHOW Greece-Switzerland

Archived