Phantis Forums

PAO V Auxerre : Round 2

HOLLYWOOD

I knew it (as I posted here earlier).... Gents we don't have the team to play in Europe. One game, one game we played OK--against the inexperienced Rangers....

Anyway, Shoum is not good for PAO. He doesn't have the vision nor the knowledge to coach players into a great, true European team. There are too many examples to list here, but when Auxerre was down to 10 players and out of sync he didn't push forward..... whatever...

Well, now, back to protathlima. Still we are only a game or two away from disaster... Fortunately our primadonas will get some rest this Sunday and play a difficult game against Panionios..... And, they will have NO excuses now (as if we had advanced against Auxerre)....

Guys its simple. In order to win todays game we needed a better coach and a decari. We had neither and we lost deservedly to the better team. If we had Gonzalez and Marakrian things would have been diferent. Also, if Seitaridis keeps playing like this he will ruin his career. He is playing like a scared mouse. Lets just get our s%$#! together, give Gonzalez the rest of the year to get used to the team and put out a winner in next years champions league like we usually do.

I knew it (as I posted here earlier).... Gents we don't have the team to play in Europe. One game, one game we played OK--against the inexperienced Rangers....

Anyway, Shoum is not good for PAO. He doesn't have the vision nor the knowledge to coach players into a great, true European team. There are too many examples to list here, but when Auxerre was down to 10 players and out of sync he didn't push forward..... whatever...

Well, now, back to protathlima. Still we are only a game or two away from disaster... Fortunately our primadonas will get some rest this Sunday and play a difficult game against Panionios..... And, they will have NO excuses now (as if we had advanced against Auxerre)....

We do have a team for europe.......with Gonzalez. If we was in our lineup i think we would have taken the lead in the first half when we were creating a chance or two. You can't ask Basinas to become a decari, its not his position. You can't ask Sapanis to become a decari. Our players play good in their position and that is all you can ask from them. With Gonzalez next year we will be better. Hopefully Shum gets bashed for this game so maybe we can find a new coach.

Scum should die as he is a gutless coward. He took off Olisadebe for Epale to play that disgusting 3-6-1 formation. In the first half I felt that we had a chance when we at least tried to attack. The second half was Scum's fault as he made that stupid substitution. Some people might want to blame Chalkias but the goal would have came sooner or later anyways, so I'm not blaming him. If they wanted to change Olisadebe, they should have put Vlaovic in to at least feep the French defence honest. Zutautas SUCKS and he proved it agian. Our team's best performance this year came against Iraklis when that idiot couldn't play.

I'm just gonna quote myself what i said a week ago just after thwe game and don't call me a prophet...this was visible from a mile away....

...Today we were lucky, we defended well but thankfully Auxerre's strikers were off the beat. To tyell you the truth, it may seem that mission was accomplished with the draw but we were given a chance to try get something more from the game after the Kapo red card but Shum with the tactical noose of a Proodevtiki coach didn twant anyhting more than 0-0. Shameful!!!

He could has thrown in one of our more attacking players like Epale, Lucian or Olisadebe but he chickened out. He only put on Epale with 5 mins to go. I'm afraid now that we will be punished for missing such an opportunity. The Froggies proved today that they have a better team than us and completely outplayed us. Auxerre was trying to play football and PAO was playing defence!!! Thankfully Goumas was in the right place in the right time in 4-5 occasion and saved us. He was our best player. Poor old Dimi had lumps kicked out of him again (as I had predicted if we played with one striker), funny thing is that the French couldnt do the same with Constanitnou who made his presence felt a couple times. Too bad no one was there to give him a decent pass or atleast have another striker with him.

I'm predicting we will go out. Auxerre will play the same style in Athens and are bound to be more lucky. I was very dissapointed to say the least from Shums negative tactics.

And this is what i posted on another site....

Teliwse mages. O Pana8hnaikos ths Eurwphs pe8ane kai 8a einai nekros oso einai sto timoni auth h kota o Shum.

Xesmenos sth Gallia otan epaize enantion 10, xesmenos kai shmera pou koimotane or8ios pou opws eipe kai o filos parapanw, oxi murize, alla ksevromouse to goal ths Ozer.

prwto imhxrono isorophmeno to match alla me ton PAO na exei ena aplo xeraki parapanw stis teiles prospa8eis 6/2 an 8umamai kala, 3-5-2 h omada kai entaksu...kapws tsoulaei kai o Mixalakhs me ton Manolaki na kratane tous amuntikous kai mesous ths Ozer apasxolhmenous me apotelesma na exoune ton nou tous KAI sthn amuna...

2o hmixrono kai ksana efarmogh tou apodedeigmena apotyxhmeno 3-6-1 (Stutgardh eksw, Auxerre, Manchester A8hna, Iwniko eksw). Apotelesma. Enas kentrikos amuntikos ths Ozer egine kofths sto kentro, o Maxalakis pnighke mesa stous 4 amuntikous Ozer opote....Den exei pleon logw h Ozer na mhn vgainei mprosta afou o PAO epiti8ete me giomes sto Mixalakh...

O Bastardos mas ekane Xaifa gamw th Xaidw mesa.

H Leoforos mexri persi htane apor8hto kastro me mia mono htta se 14 match. Fetos se 4 kaname 3 pou 8a htane 4 an den htane kompleksikoi kai h Rangers pou to valame sto 90. Opoios Eurwpaios pia pernaei kai leei..."siga ta w-a!"

I have just lost count how many times i have stressed that with 3-6-1 were are as dangerous as a goldish.

I'm fuming :angry: :angry: :angry:

There is one reason and one reason only for our performance in europe. Managment. They put Shum there, they waited till february to get Gonzalez, and they bought zutautas, maric, epalle. They turned our team into a joke cause they don't give a s%$#! about it. I hope the ownership dies and rots in hell for what they did to our team. This team once represented the entire continent of european soccer and played the representative of the south america. This team played the greatest team in the history of soccer(early 70's ajax) and looked them in the eyes for 90 minutes. This team has gotten wins over every single big team in europe. And how they see fit to let Zutautas play for this team kills me. I pray to god somebody else buys this team cause i can't take it anymore.

Good posts Trifilli, Panatha, Evergreen. But, Panatha I have to disagree with you on one point... that with Gonzales he have (?) would have a team in Europe....

One player can certainly help, but he has to play along with others within a decent system..... Unfortunately, we are NOT a Euro team, not in play and not in psychology.... And, Shum is NEVER going to build anything good for us. I don't know what we can do about the situation.... I pissed off big time right now....

It's ridiculous that everybody gets excited about the CL..... "yeah, we're going to the CL next year!!"...... What for? With what teams???!!!!!! I mean it's embarassing that we suck this bad..... And, it's really a diservice to PAO's euro history to get whippings like this year..... :tdown:

Guys I think that you are all overreacting.... Was it really Schums faukt that Basinas was a disgrace? Was it Schum that we conceided the goal clearly due to the m*****a of Basinas and Zutatutas and that disgrace player called Seitaridis?

I mean cammon, the only thing that you can blame the guy is the substitutions. As far as Oli is concerned the guy could not even walk after the first 30 minutes and that is why he was substituted. Now I agree 100% about the kourada (Epale) that took his place, and especially the LAMOIO (Konsadinides) that was our third substitution.... On one hand clearly Schum did not have many choices for substitutions, but on the other there couple of options that would have been much better than the two Kourades that came in and destroyed PAOs game completely!!!

1. Vydra could have come in, in the place of Seitaridis, and Seitaridis could have gone in the right wing.

2. the easier choice was to put Vlavic in Olis place form the beginning of the second halfm, if he did not want to mix up the team. Vlaovic hasnt played for a long time but he is much better than the two koyrades, and he has got a lot of european experience.

After yesturdays match I will say it once again... Ekso ta LAMOIA apo ton PAO... Kai ta LAMOIA are (ascending order)...

1. Konsadinidis (he is not even capable of playing to 3rd division)

2. Epalle (Oso kai na pioyme ton argile, den prokeite na ton doyme oxi pele alla oyte paixth gia ton ethniko!!!!) Thats were he started by the way...

3. Zutautas (he is clearly mixing up the whole team and he is nothing special to win a place in PAOs team)

4. Zaec (take a hike, he has destroyed the team with his stupid trasfers!!!!)

Shocking.

Im not even going to say anything about Shoums tactical ability. Ive stressed this before MANY a time, so for those on this forum regularly you know what I think about that.

However, he did prove my theory. He started with 3-5-2, however taking Oli off for Epalle shows his fear and lack of faith in the team. Shoum, take a look around, your playing in Athens in Leoforo, teams used to be scared travelling to Leoforos, even Ferguson. Its known as Hell in Europe. Use it to your advantage. With that kind of a home support and at 0-0 we need a full attack. Fine I understand Olisadebes physical condition is not at the peak. Vlaovic would have been more than adequate.

We know of Seitaridis and Basinas ability. Their quality. If their having a bad game dont be scared to take them off or mix the tactics around between them.

I find he works great with the squad as a coach, but seriously, he has problems on match day. He lacks motivational skills, tactically....well yeah, and after last nite it just shows he lacks faith to me.

And for Gods sake, why cant he see the damage Zuta is doing to us! Its unbelievable!

Its definately dissappointing. I was extremely confident going into this game, I was just shocked after the game.

Guys this aint the end. We still have a strong chance for title success. We all knew this season would be tough. Come on, who out of all of us gave us a chance of any success this season. Questions seriously need to be asked at all levels, especially the roster and Coaching staff. Shoum will be reviewed at the end of the season and lets see what he can do till than. Mistakes are there to be made and to learn from there. Some are costly mistakes (last nites game) but lets hope Shoum has learnt something bc lets face it, he will be seing out the season.

And that means OSFP at home! Hmm...perhaps I should write him an email for that game to get his tactics right...lol

However, he did prove my theory. He started with 3-5-2, however taking Oli off for Epalle shows his fear and lack of faith in the team. ctics right...lol

I agree with most that you say, but I will mention it again, Olis substitution was forced, the guy was in a very bad condition. It is even said that he asked the sunstotution himself!!!

Apart from that, the fact is that Epalle, Konstadinidis and Zutautas are no good foor PAO, or in fact any other team in Europe, so we should send them packing back to where they came from!!!! :box: :box: :box:

I can't believe you guys are comparing Basinas to Zutautas. This is rediculous. What was wrong with Basinas when we shut down Deco last year and as soon as he missed a game we lost at home 2-0. What was wrong with Basinas against Juve when he shut down Davids. If MAN U decided to have Roy Keane become their playmaker and have Zutautas next to him Keane would be the worst player on the field.

Let me clarify a few things I've said here..... The players do have a responsibility, but (and this goes to Pappou).... If there is no good chemistry in the team because the coach is an idiot, then give me the best players and you still do not have a team.....

We see this everywhere.... Many clubs sign up big names but nothing good happens....

The air of champions is not in PAO anymore. We have a third-rate mentality, and Shoum is not the coach to change it. Granted, the dioikisi is at fault too....

But, good players respond to good guidance and insight. And, if they see that crappy players are regulars on the field (aka Shoum's lover boy..Zuta), then mediocracy prevails.... A great player is challenged and made to reach his potential by another(s) great player(s) on the team....

I don't care if you have Pele or Zidane on the team.... PAO would still be in the same position..... let's face it, unless the psychology of the team changes, and a few people are thrown out, then we will have to hope for and beat other crappy Greek teams to get a domestic title.... :tdown:

I can't believe you guys are comparing Basinas to Zutautas. This is rediculous. What was wrong with Basinas when we shut down Deco last year and as soon as he missed a game we lost at home 2-0. What was wrong with Basinas against Juve when he shut down Davids. If MAN U decided to have Roy Keane become their playmaker and have Zutautas next to him Keane would be the worst player on the field.

Nobody critisised Basinas as an overall player.... I am just saying that he is the key player of PAO and that fans expect most things to come from him. If your most valuable player and captain of the team is playing like s****t!!!!!, what do you expect from players as Zutautas, Konstadinides, Epalle who dont even know how to kick the ball!!!!

As far as the tactics are concerned I said that Scum did not make the best choices possible, but lets face it, some players dont have an excuse!!!!!

Seitaridis was playing in his original position and he was s***T!!!!

Same goes to Sapanis, Basinas, and of course Epalle and Konstadinidis!!!!!

The only rescued players are the 3 at the back and Munch with Michalakis!!!! The rest of the team was crap!!!!

P.S. Isnt it the biggest irony if we win the championship with this team. I mean all those past 7 years we had players in our team such as Asanovic, Pflipsen, Mickland, Souza, and we managed to do nothing domestically.... It would be a tragic irony if we manage to win the championship with Konstadinides and Epalle!!!!!

A coach should be a master in tactics and a good motivator!

These players on the night in leoforo looked lost, had no direction in their play and showed no ambition to win. Obviously shums approach to this game did not connect with his team.

This must be the worst performance I have seem for a Pao team playing at home. They could not even pass a ball to each other and we are talking about these guys making errors without being under pressure.

Then you have basinas giving the excuse, when interviewed after game by mega. That they were tired on the night because they have played 4 games in 10 days. Excuse me, we are talking about professional players here, not amateurs.....

These guys did not show the respect in wearing the green jersey and at least going down with a fight.

And we got our great president DR ZHIVAGO saying, we have our goals set for double and why not Uefa. And after the defeat, he is now saying, what happened has happened and we must concentrate in Greek League.

There should be an inquest in this pathetic performance and players must be fined. Yet the dioktisi have let this scenario go!

This club has become a circus and we the die hard supporters are their clowns.

Don't worry , they will get a reality check in couple of weeks against Olympiakos.

This club has no future with these jokers running the show and players like seitaridis and papadopoulos should look to furthering their careers overseas.

Because they will not prosper in this brothelo of dioktisi with its karagiozides management runnning the show.

Malgré le faible niveau de l'attaque grecque et de l'équipe grecque dans sa globalité (à part quelques exceptions comme l'Allemand Munch, très bon), un voire deux penaltys consécutifs à des contacts peu licites dans la surface, auraient pu leur valoir un (ou deux) penalty(s) avec un autre arbitre... La face du match en aurait été complètement changée...

This French fan is taliking about two penalties NOT given to PAO, that another ref would have...

and Munch being the only good player

Et je voudrais remercier monsieur Meyer pour son arbitrage qui nous a enfin avantagé étant donné qu'il n'a pas donné de pénaltys au Pana alors qu'il aurait pu le faire à 2 reprises  . Comme quoi, tout arrive 

Sinoncôté Pana j'ai remarqué le défenseur central Henriksen qui a superbement muselé Cissé et qui était toujours bien placé.

Et puis mention spécial au gardien du Pana.Alors lui c'est un tout bon

This poster is thanking Meyer for not giving two penalties either...

Thinks Henriksen did a good job on Cisse

Gives "honorable mention" to Halkias ...

Any comments on the above

I am just asking not looking for excuses!

PEACE

Archived