Phantis Forums

Disgrace!

Gooner-Panatha

Listen we are proud

I mean exept for 2001-2002 where we went trhough 3 coachign changes and some personnal stuff we won it.

Now if the referress try to push us we will take it as much as you guys would.

If someone gives u something for free you would not take it?

Besides OSFP is good enough in greece without the refs help!

and between 1987-1997 when OSFP won nothing you guys werent pushed by the refs? Comeone lets be serious on that one

I also heard but im not sure if this is true that PAO and OFI have somehow the same ownership. If so isn't it ironic PAO manages to beat OFI most of the time?

(if they do have ownership the same)

Corruption scandals are a way of life in soccer in europe

I do agree something has to be done though about the refs situation

But it happens in europe

Real Madrid in their league cup game

Juventus in their Italian league cup game

It will never stop!

Thrillosmtl:

"Now if the referress try to push us we will take it as much as you guys would.

If someone gives u something for free you would not take it?"

Of course you'd take the 'free' help but the issue is about something else. We have a problem with the word 'free'. The whole point is that it's not been free. The refs stand to win something buy helping Oly when they are losing. Like at Leoforos 2 years ago many other occasions.

The help you get is definitely NOT 'free'. Kokalis has taken care of that. And please don't come back asking for evidence. The evidence is there in every match. If you choose to see it, you WILL see it. If you choose NOT to see it, you will never see it.

listen guys this refs corruption thins has existed before OSFP's titles of the last 7 years

it is not a known issue

between 87-97 i can recall the same thing when AEK and PAO were winning the titles

basically if pao wins next year or the year after 2- 3 in a row,,,,what makes u think that The word corruption will not be used?

The same relationship exists between Proodeftiki and Oly.

And Xanthi!

The sad thing is...if we cant win it now or in the next few yrs, when will we win it. As time goes on, Kokalis hold on the refs and the league will grow and just make it harder for us untill we get rid of Vardi which wont happen that easy

:box: :box: :box: :box: :box: :box: :box:

Listen we are proud

If someone gives u something for free you would not take it?

Mate, it's not like the league is something standing around to be given to someone. If you don't get it, we wiil, or AEK or PAOK will.

Therefore it's not free. It is something that would belong to someone else if it wasn't stolen and then given to you. Get the point?

Hey, if I stole a poor man's bread and gave it to you, would you consider it to be a "free" gift? Of course I'm being corny here. but look at what you're righting.

You're righting that because PAO would take that free gift, it's ok for you to get it too.

You're saying that because this world's F***ed up, it's ok for everybody to F*** everyone else up. You're of course missing the point that the world IS everybody and everybody IS the world and therefore one does not and cannot follow the other. No excuses valid there.

Well F*** no. Next time you're awarded a fake penalty boo your team down, urge the penalty taker to miss theatrically, urge your coach to punish the player who faked it, whatever, but do something. Then, perhaps, you just might feel another kind of pride, and only then will you be able to talk about it without everyone loughing at you.

well as a fan I cant see that happenning

I dont see anyone missing the penalty on purpose to show that he doesnt want it

he will go for it hands down

the coach will not suspend anyone that fakes it

Thats not a problem with OSFP only.

Im sure u guys (PAO supporters ) would do the same thing and take advantage of the situation like alll sports teams would. !!!

02/12/2004. Greek giants Panathinaikos have issued an official statement of ironic attitude towards referee Giorgos Kasnaferis' performance during the game against Ionikos last Sunday.

"Panathinaikos congratulates : The international referee Mr. Giorgos Kasnaferis on his performance during our match against Ionikos, the referee observer Mr. Bredas for the ranking of the referee, the Central Referees Commitee of Greek F.A. for having such superior referees in its ranks, the President of the Greek Football Association (EPO) Mr. Vassilios Gagatsis for his contribution in the progress achieved in Greek referees, the Minister of Sports Mr. Giorgos Lianis for the strict supervision of institutions.

"None of the above would have been realised, had the STATE not ensured the framework of equality and clarity, under which Greek football operates for the past years."

Refereeing in Greece is always controlled through Greek F.A. (EPO), and most of the referees fall in favour of a certain team (Olympiakos), then are promoted to becoming international referees, instead of being punished.

According to Greek media (newspapers, TV stations, web sites) in the past years, the Greek F.A. is controlled by Olympiakos president Socrates Kokkalis.

Olympiakos, dominated in domestic competition with the last seven years league titles undeserved according to annual Greek league players' votes) nevertheless failed to make any impact in the Champions League during its extended reign as Greek champion.

In most of the games in European club-level competition they become a "soft snap" for Champions League opponents and when it comes to away games they concede humiliating loses and are the only Greek team that have never won away in the lucrative European club-level competition.

In fact this year they lost 7-0 in Turin to Juventus -a new Champions League record. Last year Maccabi Haifa (who had Cyprus as their home and had never played in a Champions League competition before) won their first of the competition against Olympiakos 3-0.

In 2001-2002 it was Lille, in 2000-2001 it was Heerenveen, in 1999-2000 it was Molde.

There u go Proof and this isnt a Greek source either!!!!

well as a fan I cant see that happenning

I dont see anyone missing the penalty on purpose to show that he doesnt want it

he will go for it hands down

the coach will not suspend anyone that fakes it

Thats not a problem with OSFP only.

Im sure u guys (PAO supporters ) would do the same thing and take advantage of the situation like alll sports teams would. !!!

Well, obviously the players aren't going to start doing that all of a sudden, but the interesting point here is the reason why the won't. But try booing them one, just once, and we'll see if they stick to falling at a winds blow.

It's because you and I "as fans" for some weird reason "can't see it happening" that it will happen again and again. How could it ever stop happening if you and I, "as fans" didn't do anything about it?

Look, corruption is not something that exists without a reason. It's not a law of nature, it's a social phenomenon that directly affects you and me. It's not something "they" do (who's they?), it's something we do, or tolerate, same thing practically.

You see, it might not be you that's buying the refs, but it's definitely you that's justifying, enabling and even forcing those above you to do so "because everybody else is doing it".

And in that, the blame's on you.

PS : One more word. Let's say for a moment that you were to boo Georgiadis for falling in that game against Panionios. Now, can you imagine what the other "fans" would do to you, specially those that are (not) the management's army? It's a nice wake up call from the illusion we tend to call democracy.

ok . I hate Olympiakos i always have and will.

I agree at times they have had help in their championships.

and have probably done something to the refs ex Eu8imiadis, who is blatantly 1 sided against PAO, also at the AEK away game he was making it very very obvious, i dont doubt that he works for Kokkali.

But the real problem was us. Last year we lost on goal differnce. We F***ed up in the derby, and if we had just beated one of those little teams away or even tied proodeftiki at home we would have been champs its not just Oly paying its us not finishing.

I beleive this year we will win. We are good and getting better and i have a feeling Olympiakos wont get it done in Leoforos and probably tie AEK as they fight for the CL.

bottom line is we cant afford to drop any points....but if we win it this year (knock on wood) it would be pretty ironic....

one of the worst coaches in paos recent past......

one of the worst and useless summer transfer periods....

one of the weakest teams....

one of the worst euro runs...

one of the most injury plentifull seasons.....

this is a year of contradictions....lets hope it stays that way

Jeez, pao123, when u put it like that...lol it makes everything seem so confusing and so so ironic...lol

and your incredibly right - and if you compare what all of us were saying day 1 season 2003-04 with what we are currently, it is a complete u-turn. And the thing is we are in the hunt for it as well...

ahh well - soccer can be a strange game at times....and its only in soccer these things can happen - whihc is why we all love the game so much

:lol: ;) :P :hypocrite:

Archived