To all ANTI-Olympiakos fans...

Who do you prefer to win?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you prefer to win?

• OLYMPIAKOS
    • GALATASARAY

I cant believe you guys have are even debating this topic

1. Nice to have you around.

2. You missed the point. This is not a debate, it is a clever outting by red-agent ElastonPappou who artfully phrased the question "to all ANTI-Olympiakos ....".

So that all those who would enter the irrelevant casuistry of when and under what circumstances they might support OSFP in the CL would be led to accept and freely confess what we knew and they used to conceal as best as they could:

That their love for their team is dwarfed by their hate for OSFP.

As you can see, several anti-OSFP fans are incapable to love their fellow Greeks or even recognize the self-interest of belonging to a league whose teams perform well but eager to "support" OSFP when, and provided, they dislike the other side even more.

What a comfort!

2. You missed the point. This is not a debate, it is a clever outting by red-agent ElastonPappou who artfully phrased the question "to all ANTI-Olympiakos ....".

hahaha, I liked the red-agent comment....

Anyway guys this topic is to illustrate the feelings of all the non-Olympiacos fans, especially, against a Turkish team. It is just a way of knowing what people think about this match. On the other hand, I am reading things like "the bad effect on Greek football", "we cant stand loosing from the Turks" and things like that...

First of all for a pure fan, it doesnt matter which team you loose by, only the fact that you lost. I personally, was dissapointed when PAO lost from porto the same way as if we had lost from Fenerbahce... What difference does it make if it a Turkish or an English or a Spanish team.

Second, Olympiacos always had bad games in Europe, it is not now that the image of Greek football will be affected. Why doesnt someone say about the sensitivity of the referees in Greece, that for the past years they keep Thrinos on top of Greek football?? Why doesnt someone care when Olympiacos is the champion for the past 7 years, and in every European game they create the worst image of Greek football?? So dont tell me about supporting a team who shoudnt have been in the CL in the first place, that never performed well in Europe, and not GOOD enough for Europe. They are only good domestically when they have got EPO and EPAE backing them, and that clown Djordjevic who dives in the penalty area just to get penalties which otherwise in normal circumstances would never get in a European game...

And finally, so much about the Greek sensitivity... Tell me last year when PAO played against Fenerbahce, what did the mercenaries on TV magic used to say??? "THIS GAME HAS NO INTEREST TO US.." and all that crap. So why should we care about the interests of GAY-roi???

i want Greece to get the points of european victories so that our league continues to benefit from 3 CL teams.

Etsi bravo! Well said....

I saw a client yesterday of mine (a Tourko) and he is a Gala fan, but in Europe he says that he wants Besiktas and Fener to do well, as they are both Turkish teams.

Guest Thryleon

2.  You missed the point.  This is not a debate, it is a clever outting by red-agent ElastonPappou who artfully phrased the question "to all ANTI-Olympiakos ....".

hahaha, I liked the red-agent comment....

Anyway guys this topic is to illustrate the feelings of all the non-Olympiacos fans, especially, against a Turkish team. It is just a way of knowing what people think about this match. On the other hand, I am reading things like "the bad effect on Greek football", "we cant stand loosing from the Turks" and things like that...

First of all for a pure fan, it doesnt matter which team you loose by, only the fact that you lost. I personally, was dissapointed when PAO lost from porto the same way as if we had lost from Fenerbahce... What difference does it make if it a Turkish or an English or a Spanish team.

Second, Olympiacos always had bad games in Europe, it is not now that the image of Greek football will be affected. Why doesnt someone say about the sensitivity of the referees in Greece, that for the past years they keep Thrinos on top of Greek football?? Why doesnt someone care when Olympiacos is the champion for the past 7 years, and in every European game they create the worst image of Greek football?? So dont tell me about supporting a team who shoudnt have been in the CL in the first place, that never performed well in Europe, and not GOOD enough for Europe. They are only good domestically when they have got EPO and EPAE backing them, and that clown Djordjevic who dives in the penalty area just to get penalties which otherwise in normal circumstances would never get in a European game...

And finally, so much about the Greek sensitivity... Tell me last year when PAO played against Fenerbahce, what did the mercenaries on TV magic used to say??? "THIS GAME HAS NO INTEREST TO US.." and all that crap. So why should we care about the interests of GAY-roi???

You can say what you like but we have not sucked for 78 years in europe. That is perhaps the most narrow minded comment and pure evidence of not being able to give credit where credit is due. Pao has been good in europe i can say it as much as i hate the fact that my team cant emulate the run of 99-2000, i have to admit Pao have played well, and even on exit have given a good showing. Not so for my team :tdown:. That is their downfall though, perhaps we will see a more competitive performance this year?? As far as dodgy penalties go, the dodgiest has been awarded to Pao, when a player hit the dirt outside the box, and was awarded a penalty in a game where they would have walked away with no points. Besides if the refs are always against you, what happened on the 11th of may, were they against you then too? You guys had the protathlima on a plate, a draw was all you needed and your players did not play football that day. Dont blame the refs, blame your players for they are the ones who lost the protathlima last year. They earned the nickname of chokers that day. So even if two or three years ago we were awarded a dodgy protathlima that is finished as you had a chance to win it last year and didnt take it.

I never said that our players did the job and the fault is only to the refs. In fact I am the first to critisize basina, karagouni and all the other kotes for that performance!!! :tdown:

But the fact is that OSFP would not have been 3 points behind if it wasnt for the refs EPO and EPAE.

Dont forget, Anastopoulos and Giannena fot a draw from us while they opened their legs to thrinos....

Thrinos should have also been banned from Rizoupoli at the time of the derby.

Kourabie should have been banned at least 5-7 matches for his stunt against paok.

And so many other things....

So it is a fact the things you mention above fir the kotes etc, but on the other hand you have to admit my argument as well.

Whoever votes for Gala should get a kick in the face.

In the N.League, we can be enemies, but outside it in Europe we are all Greeks. I put my feelings aside whenever PAO+OLY+Whomever else is out in Europe and cheer for them because it is a good for Greek football.

I am Greek before I am an AEKara. You all are too.

Icarus my mate

Let us not resort to those extrme coments. You know that I will support any Greek Team in Europe regardless of domestic rivalries, we are in full agreement on that.

However, there is no need for us to resort to this use of the langueage to support our views. Everybody has different views and there are planty of better ways to express and discuss ones disagreement no matter how diagobally opposed to the views of the others.

Sorry for editing your post...

Dimitris

What about the clear penalty on Lybe in the first half

And Nalitzis should have had a penalty at the end as well.....

And apart from that AEK had a really bad game at Leoforos. First half you should have conceded 3 goals!

And you guys had a bad game at Rizoupoli, and you did cop 3 goals... you choked on the day, you cant go blaming referees and OSFP for what happened that day. You had your chance, you choked.

Anyway guys this topic is to illustrate the feelings of all the non-Olympiacos fans, especially, against a Turkish team.

Possibly. But for reasone you know best you wrote anti,,,

It is just a way of knowing what people think about this match. On the other hand, I am reading things like "the bad effect on Greek football", "we cant stand loosing from the Turks" and things like that...

Given these statements, what is the meaning of especially, against a Turkish team above? And why do you ask specifically about OSFP against Galatasaray?

In my opinion, irrelevant!

In my opinion, again, it is a bad idea to find the most objectionable supporter of the other team and either imitate his behavior or even to outdo him. Do forgive me when I tell you that I find this thought extremely bizarre

• 3 weeks later...

Good football is very important, that is why we watch it, it is a spectacle!

osfp has to win in Greece and tie in Turkey, or at least loose by less than they won in Greece...

I will always support Greek teams vs foreign teams in every sport.

Because Galata is Turkish makes it even more important to win.

Internationally, teams represent their countries more than they do themselves

The results are relevant to the ranking of the country that accounts for the number of teams allowed in European competition

Simply all Greek teams have benefited from Panathinaikos' great European success and point gathering. Aek would have been at the Uefa cup and Greece would only have 4-5 teams in Europe.

No matter how fanatic and narrow minded one can be, the math speaks for itself

It is to all the teams advantage if Greek competition does well in Europe!!!

Pao, Aek, even Aris have done well in Europe...

Maybe this is Gauros' year to make us proud?

When in Europe, ANTI-Gauros=ANTIGREEK

I am very pleased to see most fans agree, by the poll results, that we are Greek first and then Football fanatics

ELLAS... EUROPH... PORTOGALIA...

PEACE

Archived