Phantis Forums

Winter Transfers (2010/11)

george21

• 2 weeks later...

From what I've read, Oly agreed on terms with Panionios offering 500K plus Mitroglou and Moniakis on loan and the deal was set to happen. However Valverde is refusing Maniatis and is not in his plans. AEK is making a third offer offering 400-500K plus Leonardo and Argyriou and Dadomo on loan. They are taking us for fools. Leonardo should be enough. Leonardo is worth around 1.5M and we are offering about 500K for Maniatis so that adds up to 2M for Maniatis? If you ask me this deal is ridiculous. We should never negotiate with Panionios again.

In my opinion Leonardo is only worth around 800k. I don't rate him at all. Nonetheless, Maniatis for Leonardo should be enough, i agree with you there George. Having said that, Toni Calvo for Leonardo is the better deal. He's Aris' best attacking player and is only on his way out because of his personal problems with Cuper. It's nothing to do with talent. He's certainly good enough for AEK, and better than Leonardo in my opinion. Question is, what do you need more, a right back or a wide forward?

Djebbour had an argument with Jimenez in training and has now fell out of favour with Jimenez and Adamidis and will not play for us again. Real shame as he is one of our best players and was on form this year. AEK will now probably offer Djebbour's contract to Blanco which is around 700K and is the amount Blanco is asking for.

Source

• 2 weeks later...

Again, we are heading in the wrong direction!!! We are not Panionios nor any minor feeder club, yet we are losing our young talent to team from abroad, having to replace them with merceneries who play a season or two, contribute very little and are gone in a puff of smoke! :angry: :tdown:

[ I miss the days of Demis's chairmanship!![/color] <_<

Interesting. I wonder if many AEK supporters feel like this now.

When he was in charge Demis support was 50-50. I thought he did an amazing job. Greece needs more owners like him.

It is too bad that the organizational corruption known as AEK took over and he walked away.

I don't think 1,5 mil is bad for this player ... don't think we would've gotten that much more out of him + he's going to a better league so better for NT football I reckon.

500.000 now and the rest in the summer ... I hope we make some interesting and good moves.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived