Phantis Forums

Winter Transfers (2009/10)

george21

He's overrated anyway to be honest. He has ability but only turns up every now and again. You need consistent players at AEK. I hope a suitable replacement is found though and not some bum

i think scocco is the best, most talented and most dangerous player aek have in their squad and is probably one of the top most gifted foreigners in the league currently...i dont think is overrated at all...i think he could be an easy starter in a mid to high level spanish, german or italian team...he is also 23 so if he develops more i think one day we could see him in a top championship team...the man has alot of talent, its dfficult to argue that...

i think scocco is the best, most talented and most dangerous player aek have in their squad and is probably one of the top most gifted foreigners in the league currently...i dont think is overrated at all...i think he could be an easy starter in a mid to high level spanish, german or italian team...he is also 23 so if he develops more i think one day we could see him in a top championship team...the man has alot of talent, its dfficult to argue that...

I don't doubt his talent, but there's more to a player than talent. Simao of PAO doesn't have much talent, but he's a very good holding midfielder. Zamora doesn't have much natural talent but he's a very good striker. Kyrgiakos has virtually no footballing talent, yet he's a top class defender at a top class team.

Denilson, now at Kavala, has loads of talent and yet he never really fulfilled it. Same can be said of Smolarek, or even more famed players like Saviola. Mantzios probably has more talent than Salpi, who is a better player thought?

Scocco is inconsistent and only turns up rarely, a team like AEK needs consistency. Yes he's probably their most talented player but if he doesn't want to stay a team can't force him to stay. Let him go and sign some consistent players.

Archived