Phantis Forums

Ayia Napa FC

BritishLion

How you doing mate? Are you sure you want to see Ayia Napa fc? They're a small club and team. There are much better games for you to go to.

I'm not sure if you'll be able to find tickets but on the 26th of August APOEL play Copenhagen in Nicosia in the Champions League playoff. That'll be a big game for you to go to.

If not, why not go to a league game of one of the bigger teams?

The 29th of August is the first game of the domestic season in Cyprus:

~ APOP (the cup winners) are at home to APOEL (the champions). That's in Paphos.

~ Omonia (finished 2nd in the league) are at home to AEP. That's in Nicosia.

~ Ermis at home to Anorthosis (the Cypriot team that made the Champions League last year). That'll be in Aradippou which is just outside Larnaca.

If you're intent on watching Ayia Napa though then all I can tell you is that the league starts on the 29/8, not sure whether they're are playing though. Enjoy your trip mate

Ok thanks for the info. I would want to go to them games but I wouldn't be confident as I wouldn't know where to go haha. Another question for you, where would I find any Cyprus national shirt and any club shirts???? Been to Napa for last 5 years and I'm amazed that no shops sell them?

I found shops in Larnaca (Zinonos Street) that sold them and, I thought, there were shops closer than that where I found some - along with Greece shirts, Panathinaikos, etc.

Btw, you will be very close to Paralimni which has a club in the top league: ENP

I found shops in Larnaca (Zinonos Street) that sold them and, I thought, there were shops closer than that where I found some - along with Greece shirts, Panathinaikos, etc.

Btw, you will be very close to Paralimni which has a club in the top league: ENP

That's true, and they're at home to Apollon so it should be a good atmosphere too. Apollon always create a good atmosphere.

BritishLion, I couldn't help you with the shops mate. Irlandos obviously knows of the one in Zinonos Street in Larnaca but I'm not too familiar myself.

How far is Paralimni from Ayia Napa?

http://medheadproperty.files.wordpress.com...bigmapimage.jpg

This link is a map of Cyprus which shows where Paralimni is (next to Ayia Napa on the East of the island). To be honest Cyprus isn't that big anyway so regardless of where you want to go, you can catch a cheap coach if you're well organised or a cab for more.

I also asked around about football shirts. You can get them at most of the club's stadiums. So if you want an Anorthosis shirt for instance the best place to go is to the stadium in Larnaca, etc. I haven't been to the club shops so I can't promise you anything but that's what I've heard.

A British person in Ayia Napa? Whoda thunkit :LOL: :LOL: ? No, no, Ayia Napa is beautiful. Anyway, I myself have a hard time finding Cyprus jerseys(I live in America) but I found mine in Larnaca, for 35 CYP(they're on the Euro now), but most places if you can find them, it's cheaper. If you do find yourself in Larnaca, head to the area known as the Finikoudes, plenty shops there. Hope this helps

How far is Paralimni from Ayia Napa?

Maybe 5 minutes by car?

At the height of the tourist season you might be able to find some Cyprus jerseys even in markets/bazaars in Protaras or elsewhere closer than Larnaca.

If worse come to worse, Zinonos street (full name: Zinonos Kitieos street) is just one street in from the marina in Larnaca and parallel to it. You're probably flying out of Larnaca so, why not get into the city early for a dander and some shopping before you head off to the airport?

Archived