Metalist-Olympiakos

Crazy

What is going to be the result?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. What is going to be the result?

• Metalist win
    • Draw
    • Olympiakos win

WOW Nice gipedo they had not even in Greece lower divisions do we have a ground like that. Ok we lost now we move on and beat Hertha in Greece. At kariasikaki no one goes through. Dude going by your summation Ten Cate would have been sacked from Pao for bad results.

If he was Greek, yes he would have been sacked. However there's a major difference. HTC inherited a rather poor team, whereas last year's Olympiakos had the best foundation we've seen in one of our teams in the last 15 years. So while PAO are striving to improve, Kokkalis seems intent on destroying Olympiakos.

Also, the very fact that you'd even mention PAO when we're discussing Olympiakos' frailties highlights the mentality that will never allow Greek football to progress. As long as Olympiakos are doing better than PAO, Olympiakos fans are happy. Let's translate this scenario to another European league...

Like Olympiakos, Lyon have also dominated the French league. If Lyon sold many of their best players before crashing out of CL qualifying and then lying 3rd in a weak UEFA Cup group do you honestly think the fans would be happy as long as they beat PSG and finish above them? It's irrelevant what PAO and HTC are doing, the fact is that this Olympiakos team is poor! IF Panathinaikos & AEK are even poorer then this further undermines the SL, what it doesn't do is boost Olympiakos' abilities

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to add to dudes comments...

last year, 0ly fans were makin fun of pao fans cuz while you were beating Lazio away we were beating FC Copenhagen away in the lonely uefa cup..

yet this year, you cant beat Metalist Kavla in that same uefa cup, while were beating Inter in italy...

not comparing just saying... truth is oly has 3 players that can make a difference while pao needs and relies on team play

If he was Greek, yes he would have been sacked. However there's a major difference. HTC inherited a rather poor team, whereas last year's Olympiakos had the best foundation we've seen in one of our teams in the last 15 years. So while PAO are striving to improve, Kokkalis seems intent on destroying Olympiakos.

Also, the very fact that you'd even mention PAO when we're discussing Olympiakos' frailties highlights the mentality that will never allow Greek football to progress. As long as Olympiakos are doing better than PAO, Olympiakos fans are happy. Let's translate this scenario to another European league...

Like Olympiakos, Lyon have also dominated the French league. If Lyon sold many of their best players before crashing out of CL qualifying and then lying 3rd in a weak UEFA Cup group do you honestly think the fans would be happy as long as they beat PSG and finish above them? It's irrelevant what PAO and HTC are doing, the fact is that this Olympiakos team is poor! IF Panathinaikos & AEK are even poorer then this further undermines the SL, what it doesn't do is boost Olympiakos' abilities

Im not agasnt your opinion and I kinda agree with you, but you are contradicting your self. First you say that this is a weak Olympiakos and that the management have done so bad by weakening it. I agree with that. But now you are saying this is the best foundation in the last 15 years? I know thats not the point your trying to make but I dont think Valverede should be fired. Imo he is a great coach and knows what he is doing he just needs time. Time with the new life in greece, time with a brand league and time with the team that is still getting to know each other. Valverede should not be fired. He is a good coach and I like his rotation policiy and how he works set pieces. Imo he doesnt have that talented of a team to work with.

Im not agasnt your opinion and I kinda agree with you, but you are contradicting your self. First you say that this is a weak Olympiakos and that the management have done so bad by weakening it. I agree with that. But now you are saying this is the best foundation in the last 15 years? I know thats not the point your trying to make but I dont think Valverede should be fired. Imo he is a great coach and knows what he is doing he just needs time. Time with the new life in greece, time with a brand league and time with the team that is still getting to know each other. Valverede should not be fired. He is a good coach and I like his rotation policiy and how he works set pieces. Imo he doesnt have that talented of a team to work with.
No file, I mean that last season's team had the a great foundation, but since then we've lost Lua Lua, Ledesma, and Cesar, and players that are still there have aged: Darko, Djole, Stoltidis, Antzas, Nikopolidis, Domi, and Pantos. The last four were arguably the weak links last year that needed replacing, now they're even older and they're still there. Along with losing Lemonis and Ivic (who designed & led a team capable of winning in Rome and Bremen and giving Real a heart attack in the Bernabeau!). Now the team has been embarassed and out played by teams like Anorthosis, Galatasary, and Metalist. So the foundation was there, it no longer is. Imagine Olympiakos had kept last year's squad and also signed Diogo, a goalkeeper, and a centre-back better than Antzas, i.e. Alex from Chelsea. Imagine what a team Olympiakos would have now.

I agree with that Dude but i dont blame Valverde for getting rid of Lua Lua. I wonder if he had a say in any of the players who management got rid of. If we had Lua Lua with Diogo up front we be blitzing. I remember when Valverde came he did want a centre forward but they got him one and not 2 that he asked for. For this i blame that Xrisakopoulos mappa head.

Archived