Phantis Forums

Playoff game: PAO - AEK

george21

its been a bit more than a year (since last seasons Spring 1-4 OAKA PAO win) that for some reason AEK enters the games with PAO with some sort of lack of concentration...

In all games since, 1-4 For PAO, 2-1 For PAO and the 1-1 Draw (where the AEK Penalty was NOT a penalty and PAO did control the match throughout), the AEK team seems to be unable to enter on their right foot and despite controling the initial pressure and goals by PAO (they did react even at the 1-4 result, where anyway, the initial fast goals had a touch of luck involved) ...

I think that if AEK manages to overcome this silly psycholocical and irrational handicap we can gat at least a draw that will keep us in the leading position

(especially now that the team seems more connected and found a more "dangerous" rythm aganst opponents)

In any case those those two PAO games and the away game against Aris are the whole deal for AEK ...

the playoffs are BS and no one likes it but the reality is that there is a playoff, we are in the playoff, and we need to win the playoff.

Therefore i do care that we get a result in this match and i believe we will.

There should be no playoff for european spots and should be first past the post like in previous years.

We need to win this playoff so we can make champs league qualification

There are only 8000 to 9000 PAO fans at the stadium, which is a big difference with the attendances during the normal Superleague game.

AEK basic eleven: Macho, Papastathopoulos, Pliatsikas, Bourbos, Dellas, Tozser, Kafes, Rivaldo, Edinho, Blanco, Lyberopoulos.

First chance of the game, for PAO, Karagounis shoots the ball just over the crossbar.

And yes, 4-3-3 it is.

Kafes with a hard tackle on Papadopoulos who had a great run. Lucky not to get a yellow that early in the game.

Corner for PAO, cleared. These first few minutes look like what the Mouse described earlier: some sort of psychological disadvantage ... I hope we get into the game quickly now.

PAO's playing better these first fifteen minutes ... but only because we let them, AEK's not getting past the midfield... we're not playing concentrated enough, passes not ok, etc etc...

The commentator also mentioned the disadvantage of Macho having the sun in his eyes this first half ...

Chance for PAO just now, calls for "hands" ... replay shows it's not.

OMG ... just a little later three great chances for PAO ... we were extremely lucky not to conceide here ... this could've definitely been a goal for them.

We need to step it up NOW!

Yup, don't know what we're doing out there ...

corner won by PAO just now ... because of a stupid mistake by Tozser near the midfield. We're absolutely not concentrated, we're passing more balls to the opposition than to our own...

If we continue like this it might end 3-0 for them ... we've had no decent attack so far and the defense has been very shaky!

3-0 :( ...

it's over. Sadly it was obvious from the first ten minutes this was going to happen, and our players didn't adjust one bit. In an earlier post I said it might go 3-0, well ... if we keep it up this might go 6-0. :angry:

I hate these games by AEK... there have been a couple of these this year, where we play like cr*p until we're too far behind and then finally start waking up. Might be because they don't press as hard anymore either of course ...

A very bad game so far. :tdown:

Archived