Phantis Forums

AEK won't be seeded in CL 3rd qualifying round

AEK_ADELAIDE

I have been looking at this website which has all the coef's and AEK will not be seeded in the 3rd qualifying stage in the 2007/2008 champions league.

That means AEK is more likely to be drawn to a very strong european team, for example, liverpool, arsenal, valencia, lazio, breman, the list goes on.

The reason why AEK has a low coef is because there recent european stints hasnt been good enough, last year AEK showed promise and played very well in europe and if they could beat anderlecht that probably could have made all the difference.

Possible teams AEK can face in 3rd stage are:

Liverpool

Arsenal

Valencia

either barcelona, real madrid or sevilla - depending on who finishes 3rd

benfica

ajax

bremen

celtic

steaua bucarest - if they get through 2nd stage

lazio

rangers - if they get through 2nd stage

shaktar - if they get through 2nd stage

besiktas - if they get through 2nd stage

anderlecht

dinamo kiev - if they get through 2nd stage

levski sofia - if they get through 2nd stage

you may ask could AEK get into a seeded position if some of these teams dont proceed past the 2nd stage, the answer is NO, because the draw for the 3rd stage is made before the games are played in the 2nd stage, so therefore whoever beats sofia or kiev will get there coefs instead of there coefs,

i hope that makes sense

so lets hope AEK can get a team like sofia or kiev or someone like that cause it will be a huge shame if AEK cant get into the group stages

well, I wouldn't worry about that so much..

AEK will be a very strong team with great young players, plus a very experienced leader now, Rivaldo..

AEK will advance to the group stages if they are paired with Celtic, Steaua, Besiktas, Levski, Dynamo Kyiv, Shakhtar, RSC Anderlecht.. They will still have a shot with most of the other teams. Only teams that will have AEK for breakfast are Real / Barca / Sevilla, Liverpool and Werder Bremen..

AEK, whether they make it to the CL groups, or just go to the UEFA Cup, will rock in Europe next season.. mark these words! :tup:

I hope the idiots at Painaia or Florya get a lesson or two from Demis.. :huh:

• 3 weeks later...

True ... :-) but I'ld still rather avoid teams like Sevilla and Arsenal. None the less with the new transfers and all and with Ferrer still in place I have a good feeling about our run this year, no matter who we will anticipate!

For the sake of Hellenic football I wish AEK ALL the best to progress into the group stages.

We need all our clubs to go as well as they can this season so we can arrest this slide we have been seeing with our league since Euro 2004.

The better our clubs do in Europe the more attractive it will be to sign decent foreign players.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived