Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos - Ergotelis

HOLLYWOOD

All Greek teams are crappy. It's not only PAO. It starts at the top--with idiots and magalomaniacs as owners--and ends with the fans--most can't think rationally & even know much about football.

Let's not kid ourselves. We have a sub-par league, not really competitive, bad refs, and a press that's more suited to cover events like Lions v. Xtians.

Hollywood, relax man. It's just a sport where we are spectators--can't move things, and unless the whole structure of Greek football and the mentality change, nothing good will come.... even if once in a blue moon a greek team advances a couple stages in euro play.

Look, most teams are really poor, people don't attend. Even our 2 big teams (PAO, AEK) don't have a gipedo yet... and nobody knows what's going on. Tzigger and Kokalis are men who want to play with their d*cks, show off, and emit hot gas...

If we put things into perspective, it may helps us not get too upset about things we cannot control.

pao would of been very much in contention for first place if they didnt lose to little teams. beating olympiakos twice was not enough to knock them down. Struggling to beat little teams like ergotelis and kerkyra who have no chance in making UEFA, hurts for the greens

true..we won what...7/8 derbies and still far behind first...

true..we won what...7/8 derbies and still far behind first...

yes, it's rare (for Greek standards) to beat your main oppoent twice and not get the title, because those 2 games are actually worth 12 points! [in other words, if Oly had won twice, they'd be another 12 points ahead of PAO]....

which also demonstrates how bad we blew it this season :tdown:

Ok, I admit PAO should win these games no matter what...but I can understand that is still a team with weaknesses and road to go..We are not the best team because we won olympiakos last week nor the worst because we lost to ergotelis!

But I'm tired of this opinion that we must win even if the refs make some kind of mistake...There is no law that says that if you don't play well, you must be forced to lose!cause as it proves, even 1 point can make the difference. And I really don't mind seeing a good AEK in CL, but the guys are "anyparktoi" and they will continue to be, cause they don't have any money!!!!!!

And furthermore it pisses me off that the team that greek football owes the 2nd CL spot may not be there once again!

Why????????

Ionikos (h) : A clear 2nd yellow card for one of their player before they score.

OFI(a): Crete, a goal that didn't count in injury time.

OFI(h): Isa should be shown a red card in the penalty.

Kerkyra(a) : Their penalty (while 1-1) was outside the box.

Aris(a) : "Petsino" penalty even if they didn't score

AEK(h) : really tricky penalty for kaznaferis to give...I bet it was much more obvious for him compared to the one that he didn't give us in Karaiskaki!

Olympiakos(a) : as mentioned above

Ergotelis(h) : offside goal

I can remeber others that we were favoured like Ksanthi(h), Kalamaria(h) and maybe Hraklhs(a) for the off-side even if our strikers were stopped in that game many times with fault calls, but overall I can't feel favoured!!

don't get me wrong, I don't want to find excuses. I'm also confused with this paranoia in pao and I don't know what to feel about the team!

But imagine how the rankings would be if say Sorentino would be shown the exit and be given the penalty in the game vs Aris last week....or possibly if ergotelis didn't score yesterday!

Dude, I'll bite because I like to compare players :D

All comparisons are for this year's performances

Nikopolidis is no better than Ebede or our second goalkeeper Galinovic

Zevlakov is no better than Nilsson

Domi is no better than the LB's we have (maybe a bit better than Seric)

Sezar is on par with Morris

Anatolakis is no better than Goumas

Stoltidis is on par with Leontiou or Bovio (although it's a harsh comparison since Stoltidis plays as a pure DM alone)

Ne is no better than Bovio or any other of our DMs.

Torosidis is on par with Tziolis (He is on par with Nilsson as a RB)

Rivaldo is better than Papadopoulos

Tzortzevic is no better than Ivanschitz

Ne is on par with Biscan and Andric

Maric is no better than Ninis and on par with Romero

Konstantinou is no better than Mantzios

Okkas is no better than any of our forwards

Castillo is on par with Salpigidis (although not the same position)

Papas is no better than Tsigas

player for player we are not lacking. It's off the field organization we don't have.

If Munoz stays and we play the same system we need three players CB, DM, CF. We don't need to change half the team any more, but we do need to prepare better in the summer.

There you go, you asked for it  :P

Added: I almost forgot your invisible man, Borha. He is no better than anyone on our team except maybe Biscan but they don't play the same position...

Re file mou you're living in dream land! :D

Konstantinou no better than Mantzios?

Djordjevic no better than Ivan?

Zewlakow and Domi no better than your full backs?

Torosidis only on a par with Nilson?

As for players like Castillo, if you signed him tomorrow he'd walk into your team!! He wouldnt even have to go training and he'd play every week. If the 2 teams merged this would be the best 11 (only 3 PAO players in the team!)

-----------------------------------------Nikopolidis------------------------------------------

Zewlakow---------------------Cesar-----------------Goumas------------------------Domi

Ninis---------------------------Stoltidis---------------Rivaldo-------------------Djordjevic

--------------------------------Salpi/Konstantinou--------------Castillo-------------------

Whether you agree with this or not let me ask a question. What exactly is it about PAO's management that hinders the team so much compared to Oly? According to you guys you have a better manager, better players, a bigger future, are more solid and have better strikers so why are you 11 points behing them & 3rd in the league even after beating them twice this year? By blaming the management I'm assuming you're referring to the board not Munoz so what is it about Vardinoyianni which stunts this great team so much?

It's not always Vardinoginanis fault when PAO looses. The palyers have the biggest responsibility in the game. They should have played there a$$es of and try to win that game and not sit back and still celebrate the win against Oly. They complaint about the money from Oly's game and they where told to beat Ergotelis to get it and they couldn't even do that. So my question is why is it always Vardinogianis fault when PAO looses?

Dude, I'll bite because I like to compare players :D

All comparisons are for this year's performances

Nikopolidis is no better than Ebede or our second goalkeeper Galinovic

Zevlakov is no better than Nilsson

Domi is no better than the LB's we have (maybe a bit better than Seric)

Sezar is on par with Morris

Anatolakis is no better than Goumas

Stoltidis is on par with Leontiou or Bovio (although it's a harsh comparison since Stoltidis plays as a pure DM alone)

Ne is no better than Bovio or any other of our DMs.

Torosidis is on par with Tziolis (He is on par with Nilsson as a RB)

Rivaldo is better than Papadopoulos

Tzortzevic is no better than Ivanschitz

Ne is on par with Biscan and Andric

Maric is no better than Ninis and on par with Romero

Konstantinou is no better than Mantzios

Okkas is no better than any of our forwards

Castillo is on par with Salpigidis (although not the same position)

Papas is no better than Tsigas

player for player we are not lacking. It's off the field organization we don't have.

If Munoz stays and we play the same system we need three players CB, DM, CF. We don't need to change half the team any more, but we do need to prepare better in the summer.

There you go, you asked for it

typical greek fan response this one..take note...i will not respond because  i dont want to waste any of my time or energy but know this...a lesson learn in early stages of life one which us as greek fans i feel lack...you look at the exterior instead of the interior...the only player  i would take from your team is castillo and torosidis, mb michalakis..oly are 11 points ahead but rest assure, your problems are on par if not greater then ours..dont be fooled by your tainted and dirty championship...the difference between our teams is that you have experiened players that can win a game in the last 15 minutes, we lack this experience...but since you are looking only at results, let me ask u this, how many times have u beaten us this year? so head-to-head  i would not put oly far ahead of pao by any means..please file, give me a break if  u think oly is so much better then pao, tell me again, and i will continue to laugh at you.

instead of talking about how different we are and whos "better or worst" lets focus on what makes both of our teams and our beloved "super"league, such trash...

po po, ti ehoume ginei? koitame h vlepoume?

Typical "I cant answer so I'll avoid the question" response :D

So let me get this straight, the ONLY 2 reasons Oly are 11 points clear is because

1) Match fixing

2) Experienced players

:rolleyes: PAO get some dodgy calls too, and even if it was ALL down to refereeing I could understand losing the league by a couple of points BUT 11????

As for experience, since when does that alone win you games? Arsenal are filled with youngsters yet they battered Tottenham & Liverpool with their youth players! Talent is talent and again experience can earn you a few points but 11??? You know my opinions on the Greek league, I want it to be tight and competitive so all teams can improve. I criticise both Oly and PAO, AEK, etc when they deserve yet a few PAO fans try to flog it off on "you're an Oly fan that's why you say that!" Yeah right, the reason I'm criticising PAO is not because they showed nothing in Europe and can't break down teams like Ionikos and (who has 4 points this year) and Ergotelis at hom, but because I support Oly <_<

As for the head to head, that's like saying Rangers are better than Celtic because they beat them... or even better Ionikos are better than PAO! ;) Look at the 2 head to head games and you'll see that neither were goals that should have been scored. One was an o.g. and the other was great hustling by Salpi but in essence was suicide by Anatolakis. Its not like you blew them away 3-0 and 0-2 and showed your dominance with great football. In other words if they'd managed to convert 1 chance before you in each game the difference could have been 17 points!!! The difference between the 2 sides is vast not because of match fixing and experience but because they have more creative and better players! Anyway, before we deviate any more from the original question I still pose it to you guys... it is all Vardinoyianni's fault you claim how is this the case? You have better players and a better manager so what is it that Vardinoyianni does to make it his fault?

well its safe to say that we have lost the title and possibly 2nd BUT these can only be described as a HOLLOW victory for OSFP beaten twice by the brave men at PAO and some ludacris disicions going in favour

of OSFP, also we all know they will get raped in europe and that greece will have to relie on PAO giving us some standards little as they may be. <Expletives deleted - The Moderator>

Archived