Phantis Forums

Atromitos Agias Marinas - Pyrgi Chiou

The2ndMouse

I gathered up 4 friends from University and 5 friends from Chios ( :o :lol: ) and we all went to see the big relegation derby!

The game started very well for the home side. After only 4-5 minutes of play they scored the first with a header from a close distance. The weather ws quite bad too. It was raining and the wind made us freeze on the stands.

From then on Atromitos did not play good football. They had a strange control of the game. Chios took over the midfield by 60-40% by my rough assuptions but they simply did not manage to create a single chance all game long.

To be honest, if Atromitos was facing a better team on the day they did not have much chance of winning. But Pyrgi could not manage a good pass after their domination of the midfield and they caused no trouble to the Atromitos Keeper. But Atromitos were not pressing much or taking any chances either! They prefered to play with counterattacks and try to keep the lead.

Atromitos lost two more chances (one of which was simply unmissable... the Atromitos star striker missed from 1 meter on an empty goal! ) and finally scored a second in the second half to secure the vital 3 points which may mean survival in the group.

Our own "president" played his first full game after a 6 week absence due to injury. He played a great game but the fact that he was out for so long was obvious. Firstly, he suffered a lot in the air because his personal opponent in the midfield was a head taller (his coach should pair him to the other midfield player but his coach was asleep), but he won almost all ground battles and had smething like 90% in pass completion in a midfield which (as I said above) was lost to Chios... so his consistency was vital.

He had a chance at a shot with good prospects just outside the Chios Area in the second half but instead of shooting normally with the left he turned and tried to shoot with the right! The poor seagull flying over the pitch at the moment had a near death experience but the poor bird was lucky enough to escape the lethal blow! :lol: Earlier today I SMS'd him to ask him if he kas a good left foot and he replied "yes but only for me to get on te bus" so I guess that this explains the bad decision... ;)

Anyway, I will le the man complete the description of the game in his own words...

Fotos will follow later tomorrow or the day after...

IMO, Chios must improve a lot to survive the drop, but I dont know if they had any major injuries or if it simply was a bad day. Two of their defenders are too heavy to be playing in the division too... ! I hope they can make it and survie but other contenders seem to be improving latelly...

Archived